Rich McKay is the one that has Failed this team

swiftkick

The lack of all around football players has hurt this team...

We as fans try to overrate our players ...

Chris Houston was being overrated he has got torched

Jamaal Anderson is basically just a body out there ..

The draft we rated as a A+ on paper might turn out to a D 3 years down the road

Shut up n00b :hehe:

Shut up n00b :hehe:

good to see you over here Xrage

how do you get avatar pics

that is true but YKW meant more for this team then I ever believed but with that being said he was not going to lead this team to a Super Bowl

Huh I was talking about Boone Stutz not YKW.:P

In all seriousness though Swifty no qb would lead this team to a Super Bowl not even Manning and Brady. You basically proved that when you said this team lacks All Around football players at a lot of positions.

Do you guys realize we have NO players on our team from the 2003 and 2002 draft before McKay came here? That is how bad our drafts were.

I mean look at these worlds beaters from the 2003 and 2002 draft

2 (23, 55) - Bryan Scott, Penn State

4 (24, 121) - Justin Griffith, Mississippi State

5 (24, 159) - Jon Olinger, Cincinnati

6 (23, 196) - LaTarence Dunbar, Texas Christian

6 (29, 202) - Waine Bacon, Alabama

7 (24, 238) - Demetrin Veal, Tennessee

1 (18, 18) - T.J. Duckett, Michigan State

3 (15, 80) - Will Overstreet, Tennessee

4 (18, 116) - Martin Bibla, Miami (FL)

5 (13, 148) - Kevin McCadam, Virginia Tech

5 (23, 158) - Kurt Kittner, Illinois

6 (12, 184) - Kahlil Hill, Iowa

7 (6, 217) - Michael Coleman, Widener

7 (34, 245) - Kevin Shaffer, Tulsa

I'll take any Rich Mckay draft over these any day.

But I ask, would it be better to listen to the coaches and draft the type of personnel that they want, or would it be better to completely ignore the coaches, force personnel on them that they don't want, and cause a rift between the GM and the coaches?

ok Mckay drafted players to fit a scheme that is no longer here. Scouts rated players for a certian scheme. Defensive ends is one of the hardest positions to adapt to in the NFL. He was drafted for run stoppage not pass rush. You have to give a coach a few years when your changing philosiphies. Not to mention our presumed starting QB is sitting Jail right now which is responsible for about 70% of our bad season.

^^ That's not true, that's just a excuse posters make to justify Jamaal's lackluster play.

He was known for his pass rushing skills at Arkansas. He didnt just forget how to do it overnight. If McKay gave a DE 20+ mill just to stop then run then we all should be lobbying for him to be FIRED..

mckay has done things that have ticked me off and i honestly feel like i could do a better job, but the man has done SO much better than dan reeves in the draft. that said i despise trading up. i did'nt want jimmy williams in rd 7. i wanted richard marshall #47, norwood #79, and FS anthony smith or ko simpson #93. unfortunatly we traded away a #3 to move up and draft a guy who cant play either position when we could have drafted two guys that would have filled the RCB, and FS positions two seasons ago. this year i was thinking reggie nelson or leon hall #8, and justin blaylock and tim crowder in rd 2. as it turns out i was ok with anderson after the pick was announced and i was very pleased to get houston even though i hate moving up in the draft. patrick kerney did'nt do squat his rookie year either, i think anderson and houston will develop nicely. houston already makes plays that sanders can not. guys like mark anderson who had 16.5 sacks in his 1st year are rare. that is who i wanted in rd 5 that year too but dont get me started on that.

Agreed. Rich McKay is the main reason this team sucks.

^^ That's not true, that's just a excuse posters make to justify Jamaal's lackluster play.

He was known for his pass rushing skills at Arkansas. He didnt just forget how to do it overnight. If McKay gave a DE 20+ mill just to stop then run then we all should be lobbying for him to be FIRED..

I remember reading about Anderson before the draft and scouts were saying that most of his sacks last year came from stunts, i.e. the DT and him criss-crossing after the snap and the opposing guard/tackle not picking him up in time. They said that he needed to develop his one on one pass-rushing skills, and that's become obvious now that he's with us. I said from the beginning that I expected him to struggle, but I certainly would've expected at least 1 sack by now :(

• 6 months later...
swiftkick (12/2/2007)

damm I know what Im talking about:D

rydolph (6/19/2008)
I don't who gets the worst comedian title on these boards, Swifty and his rambling rhetoric or GEORGIAfan and whatever player from UGA playing for the Falcons deemed that week to be "Duh Future".

I am the Dane Cook of this board ...Im really popular I think Im funny but in reality im not