Colt Brennan just destroyed PAC 10 team Washington.

monson007

Colt threw for 442 yards and five touchdowns. He is the real deal and he is by far the best quarterback in the draft. Falcons can get him on the second round. That leaves the first pick to get massive offensive tackle Jake Long in the first. They can draft Javone Bess in the third and Jason Rivers in the sixth.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on. Washington's pass defense is ranked #108 in the NCAA this year. Did you expect them to stop a system passer like Brennan? Not saying he doesn't have skills, because he does, and should get drafted around round 3. I'm just saying that the crazy numbers are due to the system & poor pass defenses that he has played.

I would love to have colt on the falcons, he has so much talent its not even funny, i dont care about all crap about his system and the WACk teams that he plays against...he is the real deal and a steal in the 2nd round IMO

Come on. Washington's pass defense is ranked #108 in the NCAA this year. Not saying he doesn't have skills, because he does, and should get drafted around round 3. I'm just saying that the crazy numbers are due to the system & poor pass defenses that he has played.

As I have said in TATF:

Every QB plays in a system. It's called an offense. I don't understand where people get this nonsense from. You can say the system inflates his stats but what does that prove. The offense requires him to throw the ball a lot and he does so quite well. He makes his reads and puts the ball on the money in the receivers stride. When plays break down he can scramble and make things happen which he also does quite well. We so happen to run a particular system here in ATL where the QB is required to throw the ball a bunch all over the field. Brohm did it with Petrino (so I can understand why he is wanted) and Petrino wanted to have Vick do it in his system but we all know how that turned out. I don't see why Brennan can't do the same when he has clearly demonstrated that he can read coverages and take advantage of it in the offense he is running. He is smart and accurate and possess the intangibles that has made him both a leader on the field and the prince of Hawaii.

I can't wait to see the BCS game they get to play in for Brennan to showcase his skills once more. Obviously you haven't seen the kid play because he has a great quick release and a **** of an arm (see the jaw dropping bomb he threw on the money to tie the game vs Washington).

I have been saying this for a long time now, Colt is the real deal and people that droughts him will see the reality of it. Colt Brennan would be prefect for Petrino pass spread offense.

Why should we draft a QB with the first round pick while we can get players such as Jake Long, Darren McFadden, Glenn Dorsey, so on and on.

LMAO

Washington might have the 500th best D in the nation, he should have had a thousand yards.

I watched the game from beginning to end, lOL@ Brennan praying at the end that they dont blow it in about there 10th close game against a nobody.

he is a great college QB, he is definitely off of my radar as far as NFL QB's go.

as far as the team they are the biggest jokers this year by far

shame on me for actually considering them as a BCS team for the past 4-5 wks.

there a 5-6 loss team ATLEAST in the Pac 10 or SEC

Come on. Washington's pass defense is ranked #108 in the NCAA this year. Not saying he doesn't have skills, because he does, and should get drafted around round 3. I'm just saying that the crazy numbers are due to the system & poor pass defenses that he has played.

As I have said in TATF:

Every QB plays in a system. It's called an offense. I don't understand where people get this nonsense from. You can say the system inflates his stats but what does that prove. The offense requires him to throw the ball a lot and he does so quite well. He makes his reads and puts the ball on the money in the receivers stride. When plays break down he can scramble and make things happen which he also does quite well. We so happen to run a particular system here in ATL where the QB is required to throw the ball a bunch all over the field. Brohm did it with Petrino (so I can understand why he is wanted) and Petrino wanted to have Vick do it in his system but we all know how that turned out. I don't see why Brennan can't do the same when he has clearly demonstrated that he can read coverages and take advantage of it in the offense he is running. He is smart and accurate and possess the intangibles that has made him both a leader on the field and the prince of Hawaii.

I can't wait to see the BCS game they get to play in for Brennan to showcase his skills once more. Obviously you haven't seen the kid play because he has a great quick release and a **** of an arm (see the jaw dropping bomb he threw on the money to tie the game vs Washington).

I have watched him play, it's not that hard to see him since nobody else plays that late normally.

And like I said in my post he does have skills. He's accurate with the ball, he's got a good arm, and he can make things happen. However, you have to take into account the level of competition that he is doing that against. Timmy Chang, the guy before Brennan was an accurate QB, with a good arm, and the ability to make things happen as well, but he can't get above 3rd string on an NFL depth chart. It's a totally different level of competition.

I'm not saying that he cannot make it, or that he'll never start in the NFL. What I'm trying to say is that there are way too many question marks with Brennan to spend more than a late 2nd or a 3rd round pick on.

Now, see him in the post season games against higher level defenses and maybe the opinion changes some.

"If he can do that to UGA in the Sugar Bowl I will start to consider him an option... "

I agree, if he can do it against a top notch D in a bowl game then he will get my props. Until then, I am very "iffy" on him.

As I have said all along, Colt Brennan should not be a 1st round prospect because he is a system QB. Even if he is able to prove otherwise, it will still take him atleast twice as long as any other QB to learn our offense, because he will have run a system with ZERO comparison, whereas any other QB that runs a system that is atleast partially NFL-ready will immediately have a leg-up on Brennan.

However, I think Colt Brennan got his wish when Hawaii was selected to line-up against UGA. If he can tear up UGA, even if Hawaii loses, he will solidify himself (along with winning over most Dawg-fans) as a great QB.

I still am reluctant to draft him because it will take him so long to develope, but he now has the opportunity to elevate his status similar to the way Jamarcus Russell did last year in his Bowl Game.

Brennan is the best quarterback in the draft. He has the leadership, charisma, and the skill set to be successful. He also has the quickest release of all the quarterbacks coming out in the draft.

Since Atlanta seems **** bent on having a losing team each year I am confident that the Falcons will not draft Brennan. They will waste a first on Brohm, ignore the offensive line problems and watch Brohm self destruct under a stampeding herd of defensive lineman.

Petrino trying his best to outperform Cam Cameron.

If Colt Brennan throws for 500 yds & 7tds like he has all yr against Georgia then I will take him seriously.

Oh, is that all he has to do to be taken seriously. :)  Alright MR. PAC 10 rah rah guy, here are Colt's career numbers against the PAC 10 in 4 meetings.

133-174 (76.4% comp)  1652 yards (9.49 per attempt)  13 TDs   4 INTs

So the PAC 10 is the best conference ever, and Colt plays for lowly Hawaii, and his average game against the PAC 10 is:

33 / 43 413 yards  3.25 TDs   1 INT

Yet you won't take him seriously.  Man you are a funny funny guy.

If Colt Brennan throws for 500 yds & 7tds like he has all yr against Georgia then I will take him seriously.

Oh, is that all he has to do to be taken seriously. :) Alright MR. PAC 10 rah rah guy, here are Colt's career numbers against the PAC 10 in 4 meetings.

133-174 (76.4% comp) 1652 yards (9.49 per attempt) 13 TDs 4 INTs

So the PAC 10 is the best conference ever, and Colt plays for lowly Hawaii, and his average game against the PAC 10 is:

33 / 43 413 yards3.25 TDs 1 INT

Yet you won't take him seriously. Man you are a funny funny guy.

And out of all the major conferences, the PAC-10 is the worst defensive conference.

SEC, ACC, Big-10, Big-12, and Big East are all better than the PAC-10.

We will begin to see what Brennan has in the sugar bowl & then again in the Senior bowl (or whichever post season senior's game he is playing in). That will give everybody a much better idea on what he can do against real defenses. And again, not saying that he cannot perform well against good defenses or that he can't become a good NFL QB, just that there are still a lot of questions out there surrounding him.

Every prospect has questions surrounding them.  To judge Colt Brennan on his performance against Georgia is no more or less fair than judging his performance against New Mexico State, because Hawaii''s overall talent is a lot closer to New Mexico State.

Georgia will be the physically dominant team at the Sugar Bowl and it will be obvious.  But Colt is still going to put up big numbers, because he is a great football player.