UGA should be number 2

isproab

Here is the only thing I know for sure -

No team has any right to complain, well except Hawaii.  Hawaii is the only team that's done everything it needed to do this year. 

After the results come out, I hope I don't hear a bunch of crying from Les Miles, or Mark Richt, or Bob Stoops, or Pete Carroll, or anybody else that doesn't have things go there way today.  Because they all had thier chance and blew it.  Twice actually.

Here is the thing, not winning your conference has nothing to do with the formula. I know votes may be affected by it but they should not be. Bottom line. You had UGA at 4 and Ohio State at 3 for a reason. Now just b/c its the final poll, don't go switching things just because.

LSU was #1 twice and could not take care of business. They lost to an unranked Arkansas team last week. If they get put into the title game that means that last weeks loss does not count??? The unwritten rule has always been that it is better to lose early than late. Sorry LSU, on the outside looking in.

Virginia Tech, sorry not that good of a team. I rank them the following way:

1. Ohio State

2. Georgia

3. LSU

4. Oklahoma

5. Southern Cal

Yes we did. We are co-champions of the SEC East.

It's not a rule that we have to win the SEC Conference to go to the National Championship game. In our conference, a 6-6 team could win the SEC as long as they beat SEC teams. Fact is, we share the best SEC record, we have a better record than Tennessee, and the SECCG does not literally determine the best team in the Nation.

The Georgia Bulldogs are ranked #4, ahead of LSU, and should move up by virtue of Missouri and West Virginia's loss. We are one of the two best teams in the United States.

Ohio State was ranked #3 and the two teams in front of them lost while they didn't play.

Ohio State is a lock to move up to #1.

UGA was ranked #4 with the same circumstances.

They were ranked there LAST week when EVERYONE ALREADY KNEW they didn't have a chance to play this week.

This is the way the BCS has worked ALL YEAR LONG AND EVERY YEAR IT HAS EXISTED.

Whether or not you think this system is the RIGHT one for college football, it IS the one we have in place right now.

If you are going to change the system now in the last week of the season then NO ONE can make a case for why it should EVER exist again.

UGA should play for the title under the existing system.

Whether or not the system is correct is ANOTHER DEBATE ALL TOGETHER.

Maybe they can try to fix it again this offseason.

That shouldn't matter.LSU lost just last week to AN UNRANKED TEAM remember.There other loss was to a Kentucky team that UGA beat rather easily.If UGA was ranked at #4 knowing that it wouldn't play in a conference championship game and OSU did not play in a game and is expected to move to #1,there is no reason to NOT put UGA at #2 and in the big game.LSU already had there shot and lost TWICE this year as the #1.No matter what happens ,it just goes to show how screwed up the BCS is.

Here is the thing -

If the voters thought UGA was number 4 last week and LSU was number 7, how could they possibly move LSU over UGA based on that rather unimpressive conference championship game?

All of the voters in the poll knew that UGA couldn't play this week when they voted them number 4 last week, so i don't see how they could possibly vote LSU ahead of them based on the game they played yesterday.

If we are to assume that Ohio State moves up by default, I don't see how UGA doesn't move up by default too.

Here is the thing -

If the voters thought UGA was number 4 last week and LSU was number 7, how could they possibly move LSU over UGA based on that rather unimpressive conference championship game?

All of the voters in the poll knew that UGA couldn't play this week when they voted them number 4 last week, so i don't see how they could possibly vote LSU ahead of them based on the game they played yesterday.

If we are to assume that Ohio State moves up by default, I don't see how UGA doesn't move up by default too.

Great point. The fact that LSU fell to #7 after losing to Arkansas last week messed everything up. That put them ower than UGA who wasn't going to play for the SEC championship and lower than VT whom they blew out earlier in the year, even though all those teams had the same amount of losses. It is pretty crazy to move LSU up from #7 to #2 when only two teams in front of them lost this week. Its also pretty crazy how Hawaii is the only team in 1A still undefeated and they can't even crack the top 10.