Who would Georgia play in the Sugar Bowl?

Remarkable

Assuming LSU makes the NC, I'm pretty sure that guarantees Georgia will be in the Sugar Bowl. I try to figure out this stuff myself, but no matter how many years pass I don't think I'll ever completely figure out this BCS. There isn't a definite answer, but I'm not even sure who will be in the picture assuming Hawaii loses. Arizona State?

Same here... I would love to see UGA play USC in the Rose Bowl, but if they make the Fiesta Bowl then I am 100% already there.

It's doubtful that they make the Fiesta Bowl, though... I was looking forward to that possibility should Mizzou beat Oklahoma, because the Fiesta would get the priority pick unless WVU lost and Ohio State moved up (which I honestly didn't think was a possibility AT ALL), giving the Rose Bowl the top selection after the title game is set.

But yeah... UGA wouldn't be in the Sugar Bowl unless LSU got bumped into the title game... which I wouldn't say is unlikely to happen, but even then UGA is a very highly likely candidate to be picked up for the Rose Bowl.

I kind of hope Hawaii loses tonight so we don't have to play them. We have nothing to gain from that match up unless we blow them out of the stadium. Our pass defense isn't our strong suit. I can see them keeping up with our offense. A modest win against Hawaii gets you no respect.

The reason I said it's almost a guarantee that Georgia plays in the Sugar Bowl instead of the Rose Bowl is because of this rule:

When two bowls lose host teams, then the bowl losing the number one team may not select a replacement team from the same Conference as the number two team, unless the bowl losing the number two team consents.

I don't see how LSU doesn't make the NC game. Georgia, VT and Kansas are the teams in their way and looking at the whole year they deserve to go over all of them.

USC/Illinois seems to be the most likely Rose Bowl match up.

How in the **** do you think LSU deserves to jump all of those teams?Does everyone just forget the fact that they lost TWICE as the #1 team in the country,including an embarrassing lost JUST LAST WEEK TO AN UNRANKED TEAM.UGA hasn't lost a game in two months.If anything VT SHOULD BE IN IT IF NOT UGA.LSU had there chance,TWICE,and blew it.Why should they get a third try and others not even get a second chance?

LSU lost twice in six overtimes. Once to a good Kentucky team and once to an Arkansas team riding their Heisman candidate.

UGA lost at home to a bad South Carolina team and was blown out by Tennessee.

VT won their conference like LSU, has the same record, but LSU beat them by like 40 earlier this season. How can you justify that?

Kansas played one good team all year and lost. Enough said.

I want Georgia to be in the NC as much as anyone, but it'll take a miracle.