Welcome to maximum CHAOS

Sniper Wolf

I'll be happy no matter WHAT the BCS championship is. I won't lie, I'll be much happier if it includes LSU, but this is can't lose type stuff for college football fans.

Why?

The finish of this season has pwned the entire BCS concept in an ever bigger way since the LSU/OU/USC fiasco. It doesn't matter what matchup the BCS come up with, it's wrong. Is it Ohio State? It's wrong. Is it not Ohio State? It's still wrong. LSU, VT, UGA? Wrong, wrong, and wrong. The system has been blown apart worse than it ever has before, and it's been pretty screwed up in the past. The BCS computers are pouring smoke out in a vain attempt to sort any of this out.

Enjoy it kids. The BCS has been in the hospital in serious condition for years. This season? Right now the BCS is coding and nurses are charging up the zapper and screaming "CLEAR."

Allsome!

That's a good start.

Personally, I want a the top six to fight it out with the top two are off for the first round. Rotate the games in all the bowl games, so you can let the teams have a week or more off with the championship a separate game, like it is now.

We've got too many bowls anyway. When a .500 team can potentially be playing in a bowl, something is wrong.

You're not going to see a playoff.  Not ANY time soon.  Too much money on the table in the current system and WAAAAAY too many players involved to come to a consensus on how to reallocate that money through a playoff system.  It doesn't stop at the level of the college presidents and the BCS Selection committee.  :angry:

What you will see is another half hearted attempt to make the fans quiet without scrapping the current system.  +1 will be the best change we get this year. :crying:

Hopefully we continue down the yearly path of seeing the patchwork system fail.  Everytime it does, the BCS powers try to bandaid it a little more and each time it gets a little closer to a playoff.  Unfortunately there are A LOT of other bandages out there that the college presidents and the BCS will try before they admit failure and go for the playoff.

Basically played all the same bowls as now with the same type of league tie-ins but there was no official championship game.  The USA today and AP polls would vote on who they thought was the best after the bowls were played and you would often have split national champions when one poll voted for one team and another poll voted for someone different.