is there still hope?

AF89

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If WV and Mizzou lose I'll be sick to my stomach b/c we'll have no shot due to the fact that

1) The voters will not put us in the national title game having not won the conference (think Nebraska, I can't say I don't agree) especially since LSU would have the same amount of losses, both came in OT, and they won the conference that we didn't make it to the championship game in

2) OU & VT will have won their conferences with the same amount of losses

If WV loses this one though...WOW! I know White is out, but they don't look like a title contender at all!

Wow WV...this might be one of the biggest choke jobs ever! I never wanna hear another analyst talk about how a team stand NO CHANCE after this year. Every talking head this week gave Pitt a -50% chance to win this thing...:D

I would have went for that if I was Pitt...what do you have to lose?

VT and LSU will almost certainly jump us making the NC game OSU/VT. Wow, talk about a terrible game. How great this season would have been if we just beat South Carolina. I still have the vision of Moreno streaking wide open down the sidelines and Stafford just overthrowing him. He makes that throw, we're in the National Championship game becoming the second SEC team in a row to smack OSU around. Sadly that wasn't the only easy play we blew in that game.

My question is, with VT in the NC game, who does Georgia play?

Actually, scratch this. I forgot all about LSU/VT head-to-head. LSU just embarrassed them so they would probably deserve that #2 spot more.

Wow... this could get interesting...

UGA has no hope of making it to the national title game, though.  LSU and VT could both jump UGA in the end rankings by winning today...

And yeah... if Hawaii wins today, they are definitely in a BCS bowl with an automatic bid.  They have to finish ranked in the top 12.  WVU is going to drop like a rock from losing to 5-7 Pitt... but they may still make a BCS appearance.