Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goosedaddy70

Free Agency and Mock Draft

9 posts in this topic

We can be a major player in FA.  These are the guys we should sign IMHO.

ILB Karlos Dansby/Arizona Cardinals  Dansby is only 26 and is quickly becoming a super ILB.  He could allow us to move Brooking back outside with Boley on the opposite side.  What a Linebacking corp.

OT Travelle Wharton/Carolina Panthers.  This is a young man with great ability as a LT.  Not only will we be getting a fantastic OT but we would be stealing a guy from a bitter rival.

QB Derek Anderson/Cleveland Browns  Now, Anderson is a RFA so we will end up having to make some sort of deal for him but the guy is good.  Really good.  He is a perfect fit for the vertical passing scheme that Petrino wants to use.  And if we can sure up our OLine then I think he could take us to the playoffs next year.  Yes, NEXT YEAR.

A speculation that I have been hearing is that we should trade D Hall to Dallas for both of their picks.  Knowing that Hall is going to want to break the bank here just makes this all the more plausible to do.  Jerry Jones loves big name guys and this would fill the bill for him with Hall.  Plus, Dallas is so close to having a Superbowl winning team and adding Hal could get them to that pinnacle.

we should get a 4th for kerney, 6th for rossum and a 7th for griffith.

i am guessing we will pick around 4th overall due to looking at the remaining schedule for all the bottom 8 teams.

miami.... jake long

new england via sf..... james laurinitis

new york jets...... chris long

this will give us picks 4, 22 and 31 in the first round.

1st(4) darren mcfadden rb arkansas 6'2 215 

1st(22) ryan clady lt boise state 6'6 317

1st(31) antoine cason cb arizona 6'0 190

2nd(4) jeff otah lt pitt 6'6 340

2nd(14) red bryant dt texas a&m 6'5 328

3rd(4) mike pollack c asu 6'4 295

4th(4) heath benedict lt newberry 6'6 328

4th(33) dennis dixon qb oregon 6'4 205

5th(4) derrick doggett s oregon st. 6'2 208 4.53/40

6th(4) ben jarvis green-ellis rb mississippi 5'11 220 4.54/40

6th(33) marcus monk wr arkansas 6'6 218 4.59/40

7th(4) robert felton og arkansas 6'4 312

7th(33) brandon coutu k georgia

all of these picks are in line with nfldraftscout.com.

i honestly think this is very possible for the falcons to have this type of draft. if any of these guys are unfamiliar to you then just go to www.nfldraftscout.com and take a look at them. i think you will like what you see.

and before you ask why i drafted 3 lt, understand that otah will most likely play rt and benedict is projected more as an og. 

I agree, that would be tough.

I also don't want Derek Anderson. I would rather let Petrino pick his guy, and groom him. Derek Anderson is putting up stats behind a very good OL and with two great weapons (Braylon Edwards & Kellen Winslow)..... I think Anderson is quickly becoming overrated.

With all the dead money that comes off the books next year plus the cap goes up and if, and this is a big if, we get the 20 million back from Vick, we will be around 45 million under the cap.  With that number, we can do this.

ummm, sorry to burst your bubble, but even if we get the 20 million back from vick, the cap relief would come over a period of a few years, not all at once. What this means is that we might get 3 mill this year 5 mill next year and so on and so forth.

"ummm, sorry to burst your bubble, but even if we get the 20 million back from vick, the cap relief would come over a period of a few years, not all at once. What this means is that we might get 3 mill this year 5 mill next year and so on and so forth."

Your not bursting my bubble.  I appreciate the insight.  And you are right.  We only get what Vick actually pays us each year if it is broken up into an annual payment.

Even with that being said, we can still do something close to this.  We may not be able to pick up Derek Anderson but we could do the rest. 

i love the ryan clady pick, but i do not think he will last through the top 15 picks, much less to 22. thats just my opinion, but i think he will rise boards after the combine and such, and be a top 10 lock.

my only major problem with that is that leaves us with either another rookie opposite chris houston at corner, and/or lewis sanders opposite houston.  that is no good.

not only that, i would assume clevland would be asking for a first rounder if not more for anderson.  i see this as a major possibility seeing as they traded away their first round pick for this draft last year for quinn.

as an after thought, if we did make the trade with dallas, we could give clevlands actual draft pick back to them in an anderson trade.  kinda makes ya think, doesn't it.

ummm, sorry to burst your bubble, but even if we get the 20 million back from vick, the cap relief would come over a period of a few years, not all at once. What this means is that we might get 3 mill this year 5 mill next year and so on and so forth.

but, we still gain the 8.5 mill or however much he was supposed to make next season.  we also do not have to pay his bonuses from here on out, which means we do not endure a cap hit from bonuses from here on out either.  because he is suspended, there is a part in the contract and the collective bargaining agreement, that if a player is suspended the club is not responsible to pay his salary during the term of the suspension and his salary does not count against the salary cap during the suspension.  Not only did the ruling say YKW has to pay back the bonus monies already paid to him, it stated that he is not owed the rest of the bonus monies the contract afforded him.

although, we would benefit greatly for when we receive the bonus money already paid to YKW back, we still have the cap relief that is the same as if he was no longer under contract from here until the end of the suspension.  that gives us alot of cap space to play with next year, plus we also lose the hartwell cap hit, as well as some others i can't think of right now.