Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goosedaddy70

Those who want to draft Erik Ainge

20 posts in this topic

He looks BAD.  He locks onto a WR and throws.  3 Ints.  I just don't think this guy is worth a draft pick for us.

JMHO

He just doesn't have it from the neck up. I feel bad for the kid, because that fourth quarter was one huge bungle after the other.

I did want him, but after watching him throw the SEC championship game away, I definitely do not want us to draft him now.  Who wants a guy who throws INTs in the clutch?

I was thinking the same thing,Ryan,Woodson,Brohm seem like a better fit eventhough I'd prefer them not even thinking QB until the Falcons #2 2nd round pick or 3RD round

Yea, I'm a UGA fan and do not like UT at all but at least Ainge was playing in the SEC Championship game.  Only one other SEC QB (LSU) can say that this year!

The book on Ainge has always been, blitz blitz blitz and watch him fold.

Unfortunately, 99% of QB's are like this.  Both of the Falcon's current QB's are. :(

He wouldnt' survive under our line for more than 2-3 games.  Then again, most QB's don't.  He'd be a good #2 on a team with an O line though.

My sentiments exactly. I want the best available LT with our first pick. That said I am going to keep hoping for Colt Brennan to be our next franchise QB. The kid is a baller. Can't wait to see him play in the Rose Bowl or the Sugar Bowl against some stiffer competition.

His rhetoric has become quite old. If he even made true statements about Brohm that would be one thing. His latest post in the Draft Brohm thread is quite humorous.

alright, he didnt look good but **** he was 3rd round pick and after one game hes out of the draft? thats ridiculous.

he might be in the 4th round range now though, because it was an ugly game.

Ainge also never is counted on to call his own plays or make his own reads. They have to all stand up and look to the sidelines for the play change like a high school team.