Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KJW 23

falcons draft 2008

11 posts in this topic

falcons draft 2008 1.0

RD-1

Jake Long OT

Height: 6-7

Weight: 313

40-Time: 5.05

RD-2

Roy Schuening OG

Height: 6-4

Weight: 317

40-Time: 5.25

RD-2

Ben Moffitt MLB

Height: 6-2

Weight: 240

40-Time: 4.70

RD-3

Jordy Nelson WR

Height: 6-3

Weight: 217

40-Time: 4.60

Rd-4

Derek Lokey DT

Height: 6-2

Weight: 290

40-Time: 5.15

RD-5

Nick Hayden DT

Height: 6-5

Weight: 301

40-Time: 5.15

RD-6

Adamm Oliver DE

Height: 6-4

Weight: 265

40-Time: 4.85

RD-7

David Vobora OLB

Height: 6-1

Weight: 214

40-Time: 4.55

RD-7

Mike Gibson OT

Height: 6-5

Weight: 302

40-Time: 5.25

notes

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/People/Roster.aspx

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2008P.php

D.J. Shockley

QB #3

Height/Weight: 6-0 / 214 lbs.

College: Georgia

Transaction: Selected as a seventh round (223rd pick overall) draft choice by the Atlanta Falcons in 2006.

Jason Snelling

RB #44

Height/Weight: 5-11 / 232 lbs.

College: Virginia

Transaction: Signed by the Falcons as a 2007 draft pick. Released Aug. 3, 2007. Signed to the practice squad on Aug. 4, 2007.

I like it, though I'd much rather see us going after a power RB in the 7th rather than an OLB.  Brandon McAnderson(Kansas) or Jehuu Caulcrick(Michigan State) come to mind.

so is this assuming we go with Shockley as our future QB?

If we dont draft a QB in the first two rounds, it will only be because we traded for one before the draft. Mark my words, we WILL get a new QB. Petrino makes it seem like he hates the QBs on this roster...especially Joey.

Too bad Shockley went down in the preseason, it woulda been nice to see what he could do. I agree that we will have a new QB next year. As for Jake Long, we are rising right back up the draft board and may end up with the #2 pick. Not sure I want him, but he should be there at #2 or possibly #3. And about the mock, round 2 is too high for Moffit. I absolutely love this guy and want him on our team badly, but I think we can get him in the 3rd or possibly even the 4th.

Derek Anderson definately wont happen. Just dont even think of it as a possibility.

I will say this though...prior to Andersons breakout this year, he and Andrew Walter were pretty much the same prospect (strengths and weaknesses), except Walter was actually more highly regarded coming out of college.

I sincerely hope so. I was at the rams game and the difference btwn Redmon (an insurance agent for gods sake), who knew petrino's system, was huge btwn. Harrington who can't see to grasp the system. Redmon, who is far from studly in regards to arm strength, did a great job even though there was little threat of us consistently running being down 3 tds. The rams played the pass, kept extra dbacks in and he still delivered. His one int. was a blown route by Jenkins (i Ithink).

Drafting Brohm makes so much sense on many levels. The great news, while it was still only the Rams we played, our oline is less of a problem than it was harrington. Petrino's qbs have to make quick reads and get rid of the ball.

This is not to say that we neglect the OL--far from it. Check my mock and FA signings in an earlier post. In fact, I say sign Flozell adams and use the draft for a starting guard and competion at rt. Much rather have a veteran LT than a potential LT.

But to neglect developing (and potentially starting right away) a Franchise worthy qb (brohm is at the least top 10) that knows the coaches system would be asinine.