New fitness thread!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

20 min. run yesterday evening. Nice and slow, tomorrow is race day.

<---- Smoke-free for one year today.

ATTENTION: RECALL! RECALL! FDA Recall on Dietary Supplements http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm188929.htm <http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm188929.htm> Boise, ID - November 3, 2009 As p

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

My hips are slightly hurting from being out of place so long. What is a good exercise/machine at the gym?

Also I have scoliosis in my upper back between my spine. what is a good exercise/machine workout for that at the gym? this morning I woke up not being able to sleep on my back because of the pain in my spine. (I was in a car accident in september, and it made my back hurt worse. and it also brought back my chostochondritis. my number one thing I want to fix is my spine because it hurts the most. and the chiropractor is not really helping with that part of my body). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2017 at 0:20 AM, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

My hips are slightly hurting from being out of place so long. What is a good exercise/machine at the gym?

Also I have scoliosis in my upper back between my spine. what is a good exercise/machine workout for that at the gym? this morning I woke up not being able to sleep on my back because of the pain in my spine. (I was in a car accident in september, and it made my back hurt worse. and it also brought back my chostochondritis. my number one thing I want to fix is my spine because it hurts the most. and the chiropractor is not really helping with that part of my body). 

I'd talk to a physical therapist. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2/28/2017 at 9:20 PM, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

I see a chiropractor once a week, joined Weight Watchers and am looking at isometric workouts for the 40 somethings. Take a bunch of supplements too! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/14/2017 at 9:34 AM, The Legendary SB said:

Start off just walking.  Do what I do every morning.  Wake up, grab some black coffee and some headphones, turn on a podcast, and start walking (before eating).  Do this every morning 30-60 minutes.  You can also try keeping the carbs low and/or try intermittent fasting.  Ie... only eat between 12-8pm (or some other 8 hour window) and fast the rest.

Think I'm gonna try this. I'm really bad about eating dinner too late

• 4 weeks later...

At my gym, I've been practicing my tennis and getting better workouts than when lifting the weights! In terms of burning calories and sweating, etc.

I am looking for someone to play tennis with. I am more intermediate level. Way over 40 y.o.

If you live in or near Douglasville and want to play send me an inbox message. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As New Years Resolutions go this one seems to be going well. We’re being consistent with the exception of last week (1 run due to snow and ice issues). 

She’s coming along nicely. We’re still in the run/walk phase but we’ve progressed to 5 min running to 2 min walking and I think we’ll stay there for 2 weeks and then go to 7/3 before trying 10 min at a time, then 15. 

I expect by the end of next month we’ll be doing 3 miles for normal training days and start working up long runs on Saturdays.