New fitness thread!

On 5/6/2016 at 6:38 PM, lostone said:

If you can't squat below parallel, it might be time to just end it all...

jk, though, the day I can't squat will be one of the saddest days.

I didn't say I couldn't squat below parallel, just that it hurts when I do

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

20 min. run yesterday evening. Nice and slow, tomorrow is race day.

<---- Smoke-free for one year today.

ATTENTION: RECALL! RECALL! FDA Recall on Dietary Supplements http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm188929.htm <http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm188929.htm> Boise, ID - November 3, 2009 As p

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I started jogging again, and after a little over a week I developed pretty horrible pain in both knees.  Took a little over a week off, took advil/aleve, tried again yesterday, could barely even jog because of the pain.  I was fitted for running shoes at a local running store.  Not sure what the issue is, other than me being out of shape.  I know my quads and lap bands are definitely not as strong as they need to be, but I wanted to get in the routine of running again to strengthen them. 

On June 2, 2016 at 11:33 AM, mdrake34 said:

I started jogging again, and after a little over a week I developed pretty horrible pain in both knees.  Took a little over a week off, took advil/aleve, tried again yesterday, could barely even jog because of the pain.  I was fitted for running shoes at a local running store.  Not sure what the issue is, other than me being out of shape.  I know my quads and lap bands are definitely not as strong as they need to be, but I wanted to get in the routine of running again to strengthen them. 

Have you tried IcyHot gel on your knees? It helps me knock out about half the pain. I've seen the commercials with Shaq where he talks about their knee braces that have a sonic pulse that soothes them. I thought about getting Tommy Copper braces too. Not sure if they really work though.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did this today.  Took 49:06 the squat cleans were awful.  Everyone was flying through until the squat cleans.

AdamBrown (Time)
Two Rounds For Time of:
295 pound Deadlift, 24 reps
24 Box jumps, 24" box
24 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball
195 pound Bench press, 24 reps
24 Box jumps, 24" box
24 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball
145 pound squat Clean, 24 reps
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2016 at 5:01 PM, Joremarid said:

Any of you boys tried paleo? Looking to lose the stuff that won't go away with exercise.

I did it for a while last year and it worked.  It sucks at first, you go through the no-carb blues for a couple of days.  The key is to allow yourself one cheat day a week. 

I've been saying I'm going to go back on it forever, but I always halfass it. 

3 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

I did it for a while last year and it worked.  It sucks at first, you go through the no-carb blues for a couple of days.  The key is to allow yourself one cheat day a week. 

I've been saying I'm going to go back on it forever, but I always halfass it. 

**** that just start walking then when your *** isn't cookie dough anymore run.

• 3 weeks later...
On July 16, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Joremarid said:

Any of you boys tried paleo? Looking to lose the stuff that won't go away with exercise.

I did a keto diet two years ago for about six months.  Lost from 205 down to 188 and got stronger whilst doing it.  It takes discipline, but if you are a food is fuel person, then it really isn't hard.  However,  intense exercise gets tough when you start really pushing the margins. So, I wouldn't suggest paleo for the long term.  You just can't get enough fuel to support things like heavy lifting and HIIT. 

Edited by Flip Flop
1 hour ago, Flip Flop said:

I did a keto diet two years ago for about six months.  Lost from 205 down to 188 and got stronger whilst doing it.  It takes discipline, but if you are a food is fuel person, then it really isn't hard.  However,  intense exercise gets tough when you start really pushing the margins. So, I wouldn't suggest paleo for the long term.  You just can't get enough fuel to support things like heavy lifting and HIIT. 

Crossfitters disagree