New fitness thread!

JDaveG

Anyone have experience running an ultra? I'm registered for the Spartan Ultra Beast (http://www.spartan.com/events/?event_id=583/vermont-ultra-beast) later this year. In years past its been about 30 miles and 70-75 obstacles with an average finish time of 12 hour and a DNF rate of about 85%. I started training at the end of February. Putting in about 30 miles a week on top of my normal HIIT training. Looking to increase my mileage to around 50 miles a week by early August. Ran 15 miles doing 20 burpees every mile last Saturday and felt really good. Took me about 2.5 hours. This Saturday, I think I am going to lunge the entire Talmadge bridge and then do a burpee mile. The problem I am having is the lack of hills here in Savannah! Thinking about taking a weekend to drive up to Atlanta and train on Stone Mountain. Anyone have experience training for altitude and/or hills?

• 3 weeks later...

Did crossfit... Jesus tap dancing Christ

3x3x3x3x3 squats

Metcon:

PARTNER WOD

100 Deadlifts 115/75

80 Hang Power Cleans 115/75

60 Front Squats 115/75

40 Jerks 115/75

20 Thrusters 115/75

**EMOM, split 5 burpees between you**

**One barbell, one partner working at a time, barbell movements can be split anyway**

I am in so much pain right now. I feel I haven't recovered and its 2 hours later...

Edited by lostone

Did crossfit... Jesus tap dancing Christ

3x3x3x3x3 squats

Metcon:

PARTNER WOD

100 Deadlifts 115/75

80 Hang Power Cleans 115/75

60 Front Squats 115/75

40 Jerks 115/75

20 Thrusters 115/75

**EMOM, split 5 burpees between you**

**One barbell, one partner working at a time, barbell movements can be split anyway**

I am in so much pain right now. I feel I haven't recovered and its 2 hours later...

Wow thats intense, maybe a little too much. I would have iced those hamstrings immediately.

Crossfit is addicting...

Its powerlifting with a runners atmosphere...

If you have never ran with a group of runners, they are extremely positive. They will encourage you to push. Well... cross fit is like that... and man it is addicting... They wouldnt let me quit even when i wanted to.

Todays workout was painful... as they all are... Got up to 290lb front squat... I typically dont go above 185 lbs at a normal gym... so I felt really good there.

Doing 72 reps of power cleans, pushups and airsquats.... dear lord... dear lord!!! and that didnt include the warmup of pushups air squats, lunges, jumps ... my core is going to feel this tomorrow.

Monday 5/18

Weightlifting

Front Squat: 3-3-2-2-1-1

Metcon:

• 27-21-15-9
  • Power Cleans 135/95
  • Push-ups
  • Air Squats

Crossfit is addicting...

Its powerlifting with a runners atmosphere...

If you have never ran with a group of runners, they are extremely positive. They will encourage you to push. Well... cross fit is like that... and man it is addicting... They wouldnt let me quit even when i wanted to.

Todays workout was painful... as they all are... Got up to 290lb front squat... I typically dont go above 185 lbs at a normal gym... so I felt really good there.

Doing 72 reps of power cleans, pushups and airsquats.... dear lord... dear lord!!! and that didnt include the warmup of pushups air squats, lunges, jumps ... my core is going to feel this tomorrow.

Monday 5/18

Weightlifting

Front Squat: 3-3-2-2-1-1

Metcon:

• 27-21-15-9
  • Power Cleans 135/95
  • Push-ups
  • Air Squats

You know, there are more enjoyable ways to kill yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Pull my hamstring during a WOD sad.png

That sucks bro. I hate it for you. Don't know if you have ever pulled a hammy, but one piece of advice I can give you is don't rush it. Hamstring is one of the easiest muscles to re-injure. Also might want to invest in a foam roller.

Haha I'm just messing with ya man... I'm all for anyone doing anything to better their health but Crossfitters are pretty funny with the cultish nature and whatnot... Not just you and this thread but everywhere...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Put my Spartan Beast class through this monster the other day (did it myself the day before) and out of a class of 13, 2 males and 1 female finished it. I have dubbed it, the "Death March":

Run 1 mile to warm up then do 10 rounds of the following with no breaks:

- 10 x Barbell Box lunge (each leg), men use 135lbs ladies use 90lbs

- 100 yard farmer carries, men use a 45lb weight in each hand ladies use a 25lb weight in each hand

- On odd sets (1,3,5,ect...)Pull-ups to failure, then hang until failure. On even sets (2,4,6,ect...) do chin-ups, then hang until failure.

- 30 x Burpees