New fitness thread!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

20 min. run yesterday evening. Nice and slow, tomorrow is race day.

<---- Smoke-free for one year today.

ATTENTION: RECALL! RECALL! FDA Recall on Dietary Supplements http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm188929.htm <http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm188929.htm> Boise, ID - November 3, 2009 As p

Posted Images

I"ve been playing in the Texas heat for the last 2 months running in the morning then walking around in a military uniform all day fun fun stuff. For a whole week we had to stay in tents and wear 60 pounds of armor. But what the heck am i sayng the marines and army do that every dam day in Iraq.

• 2 weeks later...

:huh: I lost 27 lbs in a weightloss challange...sponcered by a local gym.....it is one of thr best things Ihave done for myself in a while.

I see that coach Smith is working out too.

now, when I take my jersey off with my chest painted "GO!! FALCONS!!!......well I think there're gonna miss my big fat belly.....lol

section 333 you know who you are...........wooo-hoooooooooooo!!!!!

where's the air brush???? :o

• 1 month later...

i am wayy to lazy to search through all of these pages... so here is my question

can someone give me the facts and best use regarding creatine? I started taking it about a month ago and have noticed a serious difference in my energy how much i can lift at the gym... i have bulked up a bit, and am pretty happy with the results... i want to know however if i am harming myself in the long run... i cant seem to find an unbiased opinion on the internet (go figure :lol: )

i was wondering if anyone else was using it and what their thoughts are.. im not trying to be a body builder or anything.. i work out 4-5 times a week.. more interested in staying healthy that getting really big.

any other supplements you guys can reccommend.. not just for weight lifting or whatever, but just for general good health?

• 4 weeks later...

i am wayy to lazy to search through all of these pages... so here is my question

can someone give me the facts and best use regarding creatine? I started taking it about a month ago and have noticed a serious difference in my energy how much i can lift at the gym... i have bulked up a bit, and am pretty happy with the results... i want to know however if i am harming myself in the long run... i cant seem to find an unbiased opinion on the internet (go figure :lol: )

i was wondering if anyone else was using it and what their thoughts are.. im not trying to be a body builder or anything.. i work out 4-5 times a week.. more interested in staying healthy that getting really big.

any other supplements you guys can reccommend.. not just for weight lifting or whatever, but just for general good health?

I used Creatine for about 2 years. This was about 5 or so years ago. I never had any adverse side effects, and still nothing to this day. It did make me bigger and stronger when I used it. The one thing I didn't like and the reason I stopped using it because the weight I gained all looked like water weight. I didn't like not having any definition in my muscles. Now I drink a lot of pea, rice, and hemp protein shakes. They seem to help with recovery time and energy levels. Now I have the definition and the size.

ATTENTION: RECALL! RECALL!

FDA Recall on Dietary Supplements

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm188929.htm

<http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm188929.htm>

Boise, ID - November 3, 2009 As part of its ongoing cooperation with the Food and Drug Administration ("FDA"), Bodybuilding.com, LLC (the "Company") announced today that it is conducting a voluntary nationwide and international recall of all lots and expiration dates of 65 dietary supplement products (the "Recalled Products") described on the attached list, that were sold through the Company's website, www.bodybuilding.com

<http://www.bodybuilding.com/> .

The FDA has informed the Company that it believes that the Recalled Products contain ingredients that are steroids. Specifically, the FDA has advised the Company of its concern that the Recalled Products may contain the following ingredients that are currently classified, or the FDA believes should be classified, as steroids: "Superdrol," "Madol," "Tren," "Androstenedione," and/or "Turinabol." While the Company has not had an opportunity to independently confirm the FDA's concerns that the Recalled Products in fact contain these ingredients, the Company is undertaking this voluntary recall in an abundance of caution.

Acute liver injury is known to be a possible harmful effect of using steroid-containing products. In addition, steroids may cause other serious long-term adverse health consequences in men, women, and children. These include shrinkage of the testes and male infertility, masculinization of women, breast enlargement in males, short stature in children, a higher predilection to misuse other drugs and alcohol, adverse effects on blood lipid levels, and increased risk of heart attack, stroke, and death.

The Company, to date, has not received any reports of adverse events in connection with the Recalled Products. Because of the possible harmful effects of using products containing steroids, the Company is cooperating with the FDA to conduct a recall of the products the FDA has identified as containing steroids. Prior to agreeing to carry the Recalled Products, the Company received assurances from all of the manufacturers of the Recalled Products that these products were properly classified as dietary supplements in compliance with federal law, meaning that these products did not contain any unlawful ingredient.

Customers who have any of the Recalled Products in their possession should stop using them immediately and contact their physician if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking one or more of the ingredients listed above.

Any adverse events that may be related to the use of the Recalled Products should be reported to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online [at www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report.htm

<http://www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report.htm> ], by phone [1-800-FDA-1088], or by returning the postage paid FDA form 3500 [which may be downloaded from www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm

<http://www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm> ] by mail [to MedWatch, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852-9787] or fax [1-800-FDA-0178].

The Company is committed to providing accurate information about its products. The Company is working voluntarily with the FDA in this recall process.

Consumers should return any unused products purchased on the Companys site to the Company. For instructions on how to return Recalled Products please call (*1-866-236-8417*) or e-mail the Company (service@bodybuilding.com<%20service@bodybuilding.com

<mailto:service@bodybuilding.com%3c%20service@bodybuilding.com> >)

RECALLED PRODUCT LIST

Brand Name

4Ever Fit D-Drol

Advanced Muscle Science Dienedrone

Advanced Muscle Science Liquidrone UTT

Anabolic Xtreme Hyperdrol X2

APS (aka Advanced Muscle Science) Mastavol

APS (aka Advanced Muscle Science) Revamp

APS (aka Advanced Muscle Science) Ultra Mass Stack

APS (aka Advanced Muscle Science) Ripped Stack

Better Body Sports Finadex

Black China Labs Straight Drol

Black China Labs Straight Phlexed

Body Conditioning Solutions TestraFLEX

Bjorklund Methyldrostanolone

BOSC Enterprises Epi-Tren

BOSC Enterprises Magna Drol

Chaparral Labs Epivol

Chaparral Labs Pheravol-V

Competitive Edge Labs M-Drol

Competitive Edge Labs P-Plex

Competitive Edge Labs X-tren

Diabolic Labs Epio-Plex

Diabolic Labs Finabolic 50

Diabolic Labs Revenge

Ergopharm 6-OXO

Ergopharm 6-OXO Extreme

EST (aka Engineered Sports Technology) MethAnstance

Extreme Labs Susto-Test Depot

Fizogen ON Cycle II Hardcore

G.E.T/ (Genetic Edge Technologies) SUS-500

G.E.T/ (Genetic Edge Technologies) Tren-250

Hardcore Formulations T-Roid

I Force Nutrition 1,4 AD Bold 200

I Force Dymethazine/Reversitol Combo Pack

I Force Reversitol

I Force Nutrition 17a PheraFLEX

I Force Nutrition Dymethazine

I Force Nutrition Methadrol

IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Bromodrol

IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Grow Tabs TR

IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Mass Tabs

IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Oxodrol Pro

IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Ripped Tabs TR

IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Rapid Release

Ripped Tabs

Kilo Sports Massdrol

Kilo Sports Phera-Mass

Kilo Sports Trenadrol

Monster Caps Monster Caps

Myogenix Spawn

Nutra Coastal D-Stianozol

Nutra Coastal H-Drol

Nutra Coastal MDIT

Nutra Coastal S-Drol

Nutra Coastal Trena

Performance Anabolics Methastadrol

Performance Anabolics Tri-Methyl X

Purus Labs E-pol Inslinsified

Purus Labs Nasty Mass

Rage RV2

Rage RV3

Rage RV4

Rage RV5

Redefine Nutrition Finaflex 550-XD

Redefine Nutrition Finaflex Ripped

Transform Supplements Forged Extreme Mass

Transform Supplements Forged Lean Mass

Who gave this info a -1?

Most likely someone using, advocating (or selling) one of the aforementioned products. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Treadmill. Elipticals are a good non-impact exercise and all, but they don't really simulate anything you'd actually do in real life. The idea, in my opinion, is to use the treadmil when you can't be outside running.

No doubt! It boggles my mind why folks do cardio indoors. I had a pretty tough workout this afternoon; cut tree trunks and branches into 3-5 log lengths then schlepped them to a staging area. Tomorow morning I'll schlep the rest of the way up the hill, cut them into log size lengths, and chop away. And hopefully get in a ride, too.

• 1 month later...

SUBJ: MUSCLEMASTER.COM PRODUCTS / NATIONWIDE RECALL OF CERTAIN BODY BUILDING PRODUCTS / FDA MEDWATCH

01. EXCERPT FROM FDA MEDWATCH.

MUSCLEMASTER.COM, INC. ("MUSCLEMASTER.COM") ANNOUNCED THAT IT IS CONDUCTING A VOLUNTARY NATIONWIDE RECALL OF ALL LOTS AND EXPIRATION DATES OF THE SEVENTEEN BELOW LISTED DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS SOLD BETWEEN JUNE 1, 2009 AND NOVEMBER 17,

2009 (HEREINAFTER "RECALLED PRODUCTS").

FDA INFORMED MUSCLEMASTER.COM THAT IT BELIEVES THAT THE RECALLED PRODUCTS CONTAIN INGREDIENTS THAT ARE STEROIDS. SPECIFICALLY, FDA ADVISED MUSCLEMASTER.COM OF ITS CONCERN THAT THE RECALLED PRODUCTS MAY CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS THAT ARE CURRENTLY CLASSIFIED, OR THE FDA BELIEVES SHOULD BE CLASSIFIED, AS

STEROIDS: "SUPERDROL," "MADOL," "TREN," "ANDROSTENEDIONE," AND/OR "TURINABOL."

WHILE MUSCLEMASTER.COM CANNOT INDEPENDENTLY CONFIRM THE FDA'S CONCERNS, THAT ANY ONE OR MORE OF THE RECALLED PRODUCTS IN FACT CONTAIN THESE INGREDIENTS, MUSCLEMASTER.COM IS UNDERTAKING THIS VOLUNTARY RECALL OUT OF AN ABUNDANCE OF CAUTION AND IN DEFERENCE TO FDA'S STATED CONCERNS.

ACUTE LIVER INJURY IS KNOWN TO BE A POSSIBLE HARMFUL EFFECT OF USING STEROID-CONTAINING PRODUCTS. IN ADDITION, STEROIDS MAY CAUSE OTHER SERIOUS LONG-TERM ADVERSE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES IN MEN, WOMEN, AND CHILDREN. THESE INCLUDE SHRINKAGE OF THE TESTES AND MALE INFERTILITY, MASCULINIZATION OF WOMEN, BREAST ENLARGEMENT IN MALES, SHORT STATURE IN CHILDREN, A HIGHER PREDILECTION TO MISUSE OTHER DRUGS AND ALCOHOL, ADVERSE EFFECTS ON BLOOD LIPID LEVELS, AND INCREASED RISK OF HEART ATTACK, STROKE, AND DEATH.

MUSCLEMASTER.COM IS RECALLING THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS:

ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE DIENEDRONE, 60 CAPS ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE LIQUIDRONE, 60 ML ANABOLIC FORMULATION M1, 4AD, 60 CAPS ANABOLIC FORMULATIONS 1, 4 AD, 60 CAPS ANABOLIC XTREME HYPERDROL X2 ANABOLIC XTREME 3-AD, 90 CAPS BCS LABS TESTRA-FLEX, 90 CAPS COMPETITIVE EDGE LABS M-DROL, 90 CAPS COMPETITIVE EDGE LABS P-PLEX, 90 CAPS COMPETITIVE EDGE LABS X-TREN, 90 CAPS 4EVER FIT D-DROL, 60 CAPS GASPARI NOVEDEX XT 60 CAPS GASPARI HALODROL LIQUIGELS, 60 GELS IFORCE

1,4 AD BOLD 200, 60 CAPS IFORCE METHADROL, 90 CAPS IFORCE DYMETHAZINE, 60 CAPS MONSTER CAPS, 60 CAPS.

MUSCLEMASTER.COM HAS NOT RECEIVED ANY COMPLAINTS OF ILLNESS OR INJURY REGARDING THESE PRODUCTS. FDA IS CONCERNED THE PRODUCTS MAY PRESENT A SAFETY RISK TO CONSUMERS WHO INGEST THEM. MUSCLEMASTER.COM IS AN INTERNET RETAILER AND DID NOT MANUFACTURE OR FORMULATE THESE PRODUCTS. MUSCLEMASTER.COM'S DECISION TO IMPLEMENT THIS RECALL IS NOT, AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS, AN ADMISSION THAT THEIR DECISION TO SELL THESE PRODUCTS WAS IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW. IN ADDITION IT IS NOT, AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS, AN ADMISSION THAT THESE PRODUCTS ARE NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW. THIS RECALL IS SOLELY A REFLECTION OF MUSCLEMASTER.COM'S DEFERENCE TO THE FDA'S STATED CONCERNS WITH THESE PRODUCTS.

CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE THESE PRODUCTS IN THEIR POSSESSION SHOULD STOP USING THEM IMMEDIATELY AND CONTACT THEIR PHYSICIAN IF THEY HAVE EXPERIENCED ANY PROBLEMS THAT MAY BE RELATED TO USING ONE OR MORE OF THE PRODUCTS.

CONSUMERS SHOULD RETURN ANY UNUSED PRODUCTS PURCHASED ON THE COMPANY'S SITE TO THE COMPANY. FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO RETURN RECALLED PRODUCTS PLEASE CALL (1-800-240-4767) OR E-MAIL (RETURNS@MUSCLEMASTER.COM) THE COMPANY.

ANY ADVERSE EVENTS THAT MAY BE RELATED TO THE USE OF THE RECALLED PRODUCTS SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE FDA'S MEDWATCH ADVERSE EVENT REPORTING PROGRAM ONLINE [AT WWW.FDA.GOV/MEDWATCH/REPORT.HTM <HTTPS://WWW.ACCESSDATA.FDA.GOV/SCRIPTS/MEDWATCH/MEDWATCH-ONLINE.HTM>],

BY PHONE [1-800-FDA-1088], OR BY RETURNING THE POSTAGE PAID FDA FORM 3500 [WHICH MAY BE DOWNLOADED FROM WWW.FDA.GOV/MEDWATCH/GETFORMS.HTM <HTTP://WWW.FDA.GOV/SAFETY/MEDWATCH/HOWTOREPORT/DOWNLOADFORMS/DEFAULT.HTM>]

BY MAIL [TO MEDWATCH, 5600 FISHERS LANE, ROCKVILLE, MD 20852-9787] OR FAX [1-800-FDA-0178].

I've been running for three years on my high school cross country and track teams. I earned All-State honors last fall for finishing tenth in the State Meet for 1A division in a 5k time of 17:18 :)

My team also won states. Great day :D

Congrats man, I did track my seinor yr but just shot-put and discus (I was to lazy to run). My job now (firefighting) has proved to be quite the workout just about everyday. 2 months from now we have to wear chem suits AND our fire gear in one of the most humid hot places in the world...guess that will be quite the test.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I admire your choice to be a firefighter, and I would bet it is quite the workout.

Wow, that is quite a challenge. Just remember that firefighting, like running, is 90% mentality.

Totally agree bro, we have some guys at the station that are just skin and bones but they are mentally tough and can do just as much as the rest of us. Its all about heart.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have suggestions for energy drinks before workouts? I have football workouts after school and I'm **** exhausted by then. I don't want to use any, but I pretty much feel like I have to at this point because I'm not making any improvements and the lack of energy motivates me to skip workouts or do a half-*** job at them.

I see alot of people take like monsters and redbulls before workouts and I try it on occasion, its usually hit and miss for me, sometimes I leave the gym early feeling sick from that stuff. I think you'd be better off just purchasing a preworkout supplement like NO explode frome BSN or super pump 250 these will really get your energy up and are much better for weightlifting. But as i say with all preworkout supplements tread softly only take the recommended amount, and even then take less when you start, to see how your body reacts.

I see alot of people take like monsters and redbulls before workouts and I try it on occasion, its usually hit and miss for me, sometimes I leave the gym early feeling sick from that stuff. I think you'd be better off just purchasing a preworkout supplement like NO explode frome BSN or super pump 250 these will really get your energy up and are much better for weightlifting. But as i say with all preworkout supplements tread softly only take the recommended amount, and even then take less when you start, to see how your body reacts.

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of 5-hour energy because monsters and red bulls would probably make me throw up. I think I'll just try 5 hour energy and see how it works and if that doesn't work then I guess I'll use what you said.

• 2 weeks later...

What's your diet like?

I've tried different things, basically everything at the lunch line that there is to offer. I'm always drinking water and I always eat breakfast. I don't want to have to prepare food everyday, but that gave me a thought: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I haven't even tried that out this year and that's a good food I'm sure.

But it doesn't matter. I'm not going to play football again because it's so mentally exhausting. I love watching it but I can't make it through 2 hours of practice everyday. I'll probably start lifting again later, though.