JDaveG

New fitness thread!

1,863 posts in this topic

snake (2/11/2008)Great Saturday workout. As workouts can get tedious and boring if lifes not pumped into them I went in a new direction Sat.

Looking good little man.

TinyDumbsBAR1202_468x679.jpg

GEORGIAfan (2/11/2008)
My friend wants to start working out with me, and he wants to add a supplement to his diet. Ive read about the product, and it seems to go to be true, and when i looked at reviews some said it was good, while others said it won't do crap.

here is a link to the site.

Link

it seems to good to be true. Lose weight AND gain muscle fast. i think its to good to be true, and its not proven by the FDA, but its not like the FDA doesnt help big business.

You can always PM if you have any questions GaFan.

All of the 'weight loss' products that they list on that page are legit, safe things.

Synephrine, something a lot of people havent hear of it, is completely safe unless you have allergies to caffeine or become hyperactive with stimulants.

As for the 'building' products, Tribulis is used out the A in so called 'testosterone boosters'. I am not so convinced about it's efficacy, but some people claim it works.

All this being said, it wouldnt hurt to try, but dont get wrapped up in the mumbo jumbo that this stuff will make you a warrior in the gym.

It might provide a nice boost every once in a while, but dont think to rely on it...ya know what I mean?

The product claims not to have any andro precursors or anything, so the side effects should be limited.

ki45toryu (2/12/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/11/2008)
My friend wants to start working out with me, and he wants to add a supplement to his diet. Ive read about the product, and it seems to go to be true, and when i looked at reviews some said it was good, while others said it won't do crap.

here is a link to the site.

Link

it seems to good to be true. Lose weight AND gain muscle fast. i think its to good to be true, and its not proven by the FDA, but its not like the FDA doesnt help big business.

You can always PM if you have any questions GaFan.

All of the 'weight loss' products that they list on that page are legit, safe things.

Synephrine, something a lot of people havent hear of it, is completely safe unless you have allergies to caffeine or become hyperactive with stimulants.

As for the 'building' products, Tribulis is used out the A in so called 'testosterone boosters'. I am not so convinced about it's efficacy, but some people claim it works.

All this being said, it wouldnt hurt to try, but dont get wrapped up in the mumbo jumbo that this stuff will make you a warrior in the gym.

It might provide a nice boost every once in a while, but dont think to rely on it...ya know what I mean?

The product claims not to have any andro precursors or anything, so the side effects should be limited.

no dude its actually my friend. Ive been working out at bally, and I have lost some weight, and so he wanted to join me, but he had a different workout plan, and it seemed better than what i was doing, and he had a diet plan to go with it. yesterday he told me about this product, and i was hesitant, because it seemed to go to be true.

Also, Thanks for the Advice guys, because i wanted to hear it from people on the message board, because i trust yalls opinion more than some random website. I will tell my friend tomorrow about the alternatives, and some other ideas yall gave me.

I have zero motivation this week. Zero. Since it's difficult to find time to read, I'm bribing myself with a book during cardio. It worked last night and I'm doing it again tonight, Th and F, if necessary. Cardio and abs are better than nothing. At least tomorrow I have the psycho Iron Man instructor to keep me motivated.

snake (2/18/2008)
Saturday I went Mnt Biking for 15 miles, then got on my roda bike for another 20. Then finished the day off with a Medium sized Texas Margarita and some Texas Fajitas, of which I couldn't eat but half. Yesterday I went out on my road bike with a small back back with a jacket, flip flops a sweater, cap and nylon stuff sack pants. Sure enough I got rained on, hailed on and just abt swept away by the ferocious winds. Good thing my brothers house was within striking distance, and he wasn't out of alchohol while the race was on. 2 good days of training.

Were you on the Silver Comet Trail on Saturday?

etifan (2/19/2008)
I have zero motivation this week. Zero. Since it's difficult to find time to read, I'm bribing myself with a book during cardio. It worked last night and I'm doing it again tonight, Th and F, if necessary. Cardio and abs are better than nothing. At least tomorrow I have the psycho Iron Man instructor to keep me motivated.

I have the friggin motivation this week...but I am in the middle of finals. My cardio right now isnt even walking to class, its the 9 feet from my bed to my desk....and all of the isotonic contracting my neck and back are doing leaning over a book for 10 hours.

snake (2/20/2008)
I love Ramen noodles. Great camping food. So your instructor is a psycho Iron man? That sounds great. How are the workouts going? I've been slack in the gym for months now and I have lost weight because of the loss in mass. I am entered in a Mnt bike biathalon in March so I'm really trying to concentrate on running and riding. I've noted some swelling behind my repaired knee cap in my left knee. I tore the ACL playing football and really have never had any problems, until now. I just hope its not the onset of arthritis. Its been a pain. Tell me whats the latest from the psycho training routine.

Snake, sorry to hear about your knee. My husband had surgery on his back in school, from a basketball injury. His is like yours - rarely hurts. When it does, he soaks it in good old Epsom salt.

Yeah, the endurance spinning instructor is an Iron Man. He's crazy, hardcore, abusive...and I LOVE it. I can barely walk this morning. I can't even explain the weird addiction I have to his class. If he isn't teaching, it throws off my week. I was invited to a ride on Sunday, but it's supposed to snow. I can't stand cold, so I'll try one when it warms up a little. I'm not entirely psyched about a 40-something guy kicking my butt, though (40-ish is NOT old, but I'm only 33). I've been doing a pretty decent job of keeping up with him in class lately, so I'm cautiously optimistic that by Spring, I'll be okay.

This was my last report, from 2/11. I wasn't sure if you saw it - it was buried quickly. Probably good since the numbers are embarassing:

My favorite local trail goes past several wineries. I learned the hard way to walk my bike down the very steep hill post-drink. Fortunately, most of the trail is flat.

With the 5k setting, I've been focused more on getting through it without gasping for air, which I realized last week I accomplished. Granted my time was 27:00, so I definitely have more work to do. I've always struggled with endurance and breathing, so getting through it M, Tu, Th and F in under 28 minutes without any dizziness felt great. I've never smoked or been overweight and the endurance thing has always puzzled me.

Anyway, my weight was 114 last week, and my clothes fit better, although I need to do actual measurements again. One of my girlfriends kept complimenting my arms and abs at our Super Tuesday party...but she's the encouraging type, so I'm not taking it as too big of a boost, lol. But I definitely feel better. I'd like to increase my dumbbell presses to 30 lbs and eventually to 40 (I've been at 25 for two weeks), just to increase upper-body strength. I haven't been at 30 since I messed up my shoulder about 18 months ago. The PT had me start back with 10lb weights, which was humiliating even for a girl, ha.

For legs, I don't really focus on increasing weight with squats (110 lbs) - I just do three sets of 12-15, plus a fourth set until I'm fatigued. I've only been doing leg presses once a week lately - 3x15 @ 200 lbs. Those are so much easier on the knees, but I don't get the instant visible results that squats provide. I'm not currently working on patience.

Last final tomorrow afternoon...I am going to the gym right after, and I have 12 days off...all spent outdoors, the pool(its Arizona), and the gym.

Its going to be glorious.

If you dont hear from me by Tuesday, please look in obituaries.

I have been coerced into joining an over 35 soccer team. And they have 2 goalies already. Jogged a mile last weekend, but Im pretty sure Im gonna die. Practice starts Sunday.

AMF's.:pinch:

I am on my way people..

I am at 200lbs

size 33 waist to boot..I am feeling great!!!!!:cool:

I must admitt I have been working my ##### off though..The weight is not comig off as easily now and the results are slower..But what the ****....:w00t:

snake (2/21/2008)
etifan (2/21/2008)

Trail running is alot harder then running on the road. You constantly have to pick your feet up and think abt your next foot placement. So, your 27 minute 5k is still a good pace. Your leg workout are going to help your running as long as you continue doing highre reps and to point of exhaustion routines. Your breaks inbetween should be written down and then shortened, then you'll be anaroebicly training your muscles. I have a timer on my watch I hit aftr each set, Now set at 30 seconds. So, I'm moving quickly and not talking alot. I could probably help my dating game if I lengthened these as there are a few fit good looking gals in my gym, but I'm a hard head. Try changing your feet placements on your leg routines, inward outward, close together, farther apart. Each motion will be different therefore really getting unused muscles and into the action. Keep up the good work. Your next running excercise can be soem speed work, on a track, working on your foot speed.

Good stuff - thanks! I am terrible about recording my workouts. But I can definitely work on moving my leg position on the presses/squats. Don't worry about your resting - you can always catch those gals in the steam room/whirlpool. ;)

Hey, how's your knee?

ki45toryu (2/21/2008)
Last final tomorrow afternoon...I am going to the gym right after, and I have 12 days off...all spent outdoors, the pool(its Arizona), and the gym. Its going to be glorious.

As much as I'm tempted to hate you for the Arizona trip, you've worked hard so enjoy it!!

Ok well I've been slacking when it comes to posting on this but I haven't been slacking on my diet or exercise. I started out at the end of December at 6'2" 288lbs of giant fat ##### I'm proud to say that I'm still 6'2" but only weight 252lbs -36lbs in 2 months, my goal was 225lbs but I decided to push for 200lbs and build back up to 225lb-250 of brick out house.

I decided that a total life change was in order, complete over hall of how, what and when I eat. I'm on a very strict diet of green leafy veggies and protein 6-8 meals a day. I train heavy 4-5 days a week at 5am, walk 30min at lunch and come home M-W-F and do another session of abs and some back rehab. Once the FN weather switches to decent temps I'll be WALKING golf courses, I won't carry my bag due to back issues but walking is better than riding, I'll also be on the mountain bike or track everyday.

I'm pretty certain that I've actually gained muscle, which is very hard to do on a calorie deficet but with the size gains in my arms (17" up to 18") and almost an 1" on my thighs I know it isn't fat.

OH I almost forgot, IMO www.t-nation.com forums are the best site on the net for tips and help with your work out.

My new motto: Eat right and lift heavy sh!t! Good luck to you all.

etifan (2/28/2008)
ki45toryu (2/21/2008)
Last final tomorrow afternoon...I am going to the gym right after, and I have 12 days off...all spent outdoors, the pool(its Arizona), and the gym. Its going to be glorious.

As much as I'm tempted to hate you for the Arizona trip, you've worked hard so enjoy it!!

Actually, I live out here...the weather is like a cruel temptress...its amazing outside and I see maybe 30 minutes a day of it. We start back tomorrow...oh well, having nice weather and enjoying it for a handful of days a year is better than having a handful of days of weather you cant enjoy.

I went for a VERY limited run yesterday. Ran probably 5 minutes total and walked probably 15 minutes. I'm trying to work in slowly. I'll probably go to the gym tomorrow for a jiu jitsu class. I'll update if I make it and let y'all know how I did.

workout for this evening..

Deadlifts-5 sets

stiff leg deadlifts-5 sets

barbell goodmornings-3 sets

crunches-5sets

And wash it all down with 3 miles of cardio..I never look forward to lower back workouts.

It is easily the hardest to get motivated for for me..

savwboy savwboy (3/4/2008)

Deadlifts-5 sets

crunches-5sets

And wash it all down with 3 miles of cardio..I never look forward to lower back workouts.

I love them personally, until I go to run the next day. The day after on any leg/deadlift day sucks for cardio/sprints.

ki45toryu (3/5/2008)

Deadlifts-5 sets

crunches-5sets

I love them personally, until I go to run the next day. The day after on any leg/deadlift day sucks for cardio/sprints.

I struggle for atleast a couple days after legs..I always feel extremely tired the day after legs for some reason..Well I know why,its just it seems to beat me down more than most folks..I skip cardio the day after legs..:D

savwboy savwboy (3/5/2008)
ki45toryu (3/5/2008)

I struggle for atleast a couple days after legs..I always feel extremely tired the day after legs for some reason..Well I know why,its just it seems to beat me down more than most folks..I skip cardio the day after legs..:D

Legs are obviously the largest muscle group...and repairing them takes even more energy requirements than other muscle groups.

As opposed to just working out....shoulders...which have relatively few muscle fibres to repair.

alfred e. neuman (3/5/2008)
The aftermath of one of my recent traing sessions:

2310414643_4e8b49d58b.jpg

Looks like you have some back development going on there..I have a problem in that area.

If I could get the rest of my body growing like my arms and legs I would be on a roll..

Looks like you have some back development going on there..I have a problem in that area.

If I could get the rest of my body growing like my arms and legs I would be on a roll..

Pull-ups by the hundreds.

Last Sunday, I had to do a workout that called for 150 pull-ups. This past Saturday, it was 100 straight pull-ups as fast as possible.

alfred e. neuman (3/5/2008)

Pull-ups by the hundreds.

Last Sunday, I had to do a workout that called for 150 pull-ups. This past Saturday, it was 100 straight pull-ups as fast as possible.

I am to heavy for 100 straight pullups..Which could be problem now that I think about it..

I have a hard time getting up on pull-ups..

I am to heavy for 100 straight pullups..Which could be problem now that I think about it..

I have a hard time getting up on pull-ups..

Learn to do gymnastics kipping pull-ups first. They'll let you get your numbers up without having to do dead hangs.

Kipping pull-ups