JDaveG

New fitness thread!

1,864 posts in this topic

I was so bad last week, I'm using this thread to keep me accountable. We had ice storms and instead of replacing gym time with extra push-ups and crunches at home, I slacked. Tonight, I need to run six miles, do arms (I need to COMMIT to a new arm routine), crunches, and squats...god, I hate squats.

Well, I ran 4-1/2 miles, did 100 crunches, did my squats and forgot arms. So I did 2 sets of 25 dips at home. Not what I wanted, but definitely better than last week.

etifan (12/18/2007)
Well, I ran 4-1/2 miles, did 100 crunches, did my squats and forgot arms. So I did 2 sets of 25 dips at home. Not what I wanted, but definitely better than last week.

Forgetting arms is a great mentality. Seriously...is it rare to find gym rats who forget about arms because they were doing squats and running.

Doing legs is one of those things that most people dont look forward to, but you feel like a million bucks that you did...sans the overwhelming soreness for 3 days afterwards.

Thanks guys. Ran five miles last night, 100 crunches, and did my chest/biceps.

Agree about the squats. Unlike arms, crunches and squats show immediate results. Today, my legs burn and I have 90 minutes of endurance spinning (too cold/dark to ride outside after work) tonight. The sadistic instructor always throws in squats and anyone who b*tches or doesn't have perfect form, gets extra. Can't wait!

FINALLY back in the gym yesterday for 1.5 hours jiu jitsu. Brutal class. The instructor has us rolling 7 minutes per round, and I'm used to 5. I rolled 3 at 7 min. with the last being 10, for a total of 21 minutes of rolling with 30 sec. breaks in between. It was absolutely awful. My legs are shot from doing single-leg drills, to boot.

I'll be back Thursday, I hope, and then Saturday.

I love the feeling after you get done lifting. It makes you feel so tight, and ripped. Then about 24 hours later, I'm hurting!

Skipping the gym today because of a bad sinus infection. Lately, it's always something. They're closed Mon. and Tues., so I'll run one of those days if I feel like it, and get back in the gym Thurs. and Sat.

snake (12/22/2007)
I'm looking for some martial training over the holidays. Where you gonna be?

If I train at all, it will be at Alpha in Hiram. I may have to take a pass with this cold as bad as it is.

snake (12/22/2007)
Since X-mas is coming soon and I will eat and party the whole night thru, I figured I needed alittle double time today. Did 20 miles on my bike, in the rainy 46 degree weather. I sure would like some more global warming, and then I ran 5 miles with Frenchy and my doberman, who kept yanking every which way but loose, which was a great movie by the way. Then I went to some rental houses of mine, broke in the basement window and made a valient effort to fix the hot water heater thats leaking and DID fix the furnace that was not working. A couple of beers later I am done. Good day. Nows time for some wasabi and sushi.

You have a Dobie? I have always wanted one. I'll probably get one when the kids are older. Great dogs, and not deserving of the reputation they still seem to have.

snake (12/23/2007)
Yea, I've got a 3 1/2 old female. I grew up with them and they are incredibly smart and loyal. My female is extremely good with my kids and all who come around. She doesn't even bark when the x wife comes over. Hmm, maybe that should be fixed. Jdave, I would highly recommend a doberman, but also highly recommend getting a puppy from a reputable breeder. Incedible dogs. I bought mine as to have a companion on my camping trips. I like solo getaways and a black bear kept pestering me on a trip up in the N. Ga mnts, so I figured the dog, not any dog would be my answer to the bears. Well, and my .40 cal Sig.

allpictures050.jpg

She's a beaut, snake! I'm pretty sure we'll be looking at one once the kids are a bit older. Our current dog is more than enough of a handful for now, but I really have always wanted a Dobe.

ki45toryu (12/23/2007)
Awesome...3 workouts in 3 days. That hasnt happened since...uh, August.

That IS great!!! Don't you love it when you get your life back...even if it's only for a few weeks?

etifan (12/24/2007)
ki45toryu (12/23/2007)
Awesome...3 workouts in 3 days. That hasnt happened since...uh, August.

That IS great!!! Don't you love it when you get your life back...even if it's only for a few weeks?

Tell me about it. Problem is we have 2 exams the first day back, so it isnt a complete break for us ya know? We are in the middle of a quarter.

I've done okay...ran most days, and got at least yoga/push-ups/crunches in every day except one. Husband's brother came to me with marital meltdown issues, and husband had a bit of a quarter-life crisis in the same day. My workout was opening and consuming a bottle of wine. I used a large glass, so it counts as lifting.

etifan (12/26/2007)
I've done okay...ran most days, and got at least yoga/push-ups/crunches in every day except one. Husband's brother came to me with marital meltdown issues, and husband had a bit of a quarter-life crisis in the same day. My workout was opening and consuming a bottle of wine. I used a large glass, so it counts as lifting.

And wine has anti-oxidants; you were busy warding off cancer all day....awesome.

I've been in fantasy camp for the last month. Thanksgiving, then a 3+ week vacation, then Christmas. I tried on real clothes this morning, and they are TIGHT. I've hardly exercised over the past month. Two feet of snow on the ground in Boston didn't help. We're in Atlanta for a little while now, and tonight I hit the treadmill! I told my trainer I was taking a break from her for a while. I want to focus on running.

Next vacation is in 8 weeks, so hopefully things will fit by then!

I'm sure there was a time over Christmas that I wasn't eating, but I sure can't seem to recall it.

Saturday (12/27/2007)
I've been in fantasy camp for the last month. Thanksgiving, then a 3+ week vacation, then Christmas. I tried on real clothes this morning, and they are TIGHT. I've hardly exercised over the past month. Two feet of snow on the ground in Boston didn't help. We're in Atlanta for a little while now, and tonight I hit the treadmill! I told my trainer I was taking a break from her for a while. I want to focus on running.

I'm sure there was a time over Christmas that I wasn't eating, but I sure can't seem to recall it.

Life is no fun without some holiday induced waistband parity.

Saturday (12/27/2007)

Saturday, is that you in your avatar? Let me guess, you were surrounded by relatives chanting "eat, eat, you're too skinny, you'll blow away"? ;)

Running is one of my favorite things to do when my clothes get a little tight. It feels great, plus my mind wanders to what a pain it would be to replace everything in my closet!

ki45toryu (12/27/2007)

And wine has anti-oxidants; you were busy warding off cancer all day....awesome.

I'm going to print this post and carry it around with me. Doctor says "drink!"

Saturday, is that you in your avatar? Let me guess, you were surrounded by relatives chanting "eat, eat, you're too skinny, you'll blow away"? ;)

Running is one of my favorite things to do when my clothes get a little tight. It feels great, plus my mind wanders to what a pain it would be to replace everything in my closet!

Yes, that is me on vacation this past fall. I'm not saying I need to lose a ton of weight, but no matter how much you weigh, it's no fun for clothes to be tight! I am the worst eater in the world (love junk food and hate veggies), so I have to make sure I exercise.

I ran 3 miles tonight. It felt good to put the iPod on and go. I'm going to be sore as anything tomorrow, though.

Saturday (12/27/2007)
Yes, that is me on vacation this past fall.

Oh, good grief, just admit that you're some fat hairy dude ripping pictures of chicks off of their Myspace pages and posting them here! Don't string these folks along like this!

:P;)

JDaveG (12/27/2007)

Oh, good grief, just admit that you're some fat hairy dude ripping pictures of chicks off of their Myspace pages and posting them here! Don't string these folks along like this!

:P;)

Shhhh...I just about had everyone roped in! :D

Saturday (12/27/2007)

Yes, that is me on vacation this past fall. I'm not saying I need to lose a ton of weight, but no matter how much you weigh, it's no fun for clothes to be tight! I am the worst eater in the world (love junk food and hate veggies), so I have to make sure I exercise.

I ran 3 miles tonight. It felt good to put the iPod on and go. I'm going to be sore as anything tomorrow, though.

Believe me, I understand! I wasn't trying to rip on you. I'm small, too, and get really tired of people asking why I exercise. I refuse to give up pasta (I *did* switch to wheat)...or cheesecake. :D

etifan (12/28/2007)

Believe me, I understand! I wasn't trying to rip on you. I'm small, too, and get really tired of people asking why I exercise. I refuse to give up pasta (I *did* switch to wheat)...or cheesecake. :D

Last night's dinner was a bacon cheeseburger, french fries and cookie cake. I did have a Diet Coke, so that cancels out the rest of the calories, right? My eating habits are a joke with my family - I actually got a french fry Christmas tree ornament this year.