JDaveG

New fitness thread!

1,863 posts in this topic

I am still at it, although will probably just have to work out in the basement tonight because of the snow.

Need to go light anyway, because my shoulder has been hurting.

Just to gauge for now. I just want enough to cover around the bench.

Tractor supply has some 3/4 thick mats that are 4x6 for $40. I got 3 of these, and it covers the area well. It also has a diamond tread. I would recommend the 12x12, but you might need to work out first to be able to move it..lol

http://www.tractorsupply.com/equine/horse-stalls-accessories/rubber-matting/royal-mat-rubber-horse-stall-mat-4-ft-x-6-ft--2219003

<---- Smoke-free for one year today.

I hope to re-join the smoke-free group in the very near future. Relapsed after quitting for 4 years... :angry:

I hope to re-join the smoke-free group in the very near future. Relapsed after quitting for 4 years... :angry:

thats a ***** dude

it's amazing how long the psychological aspect stays with you. I haven't smoked since 2004 and it has only been recently that I never think about it when I get stressed

I've been at the point for a while now where the smell and everything about it absolutely disgusts me... Can't believe I did that for 13 years... People always told me what a nasty habit it was and I never really paid any attention to them, but it truly is disgusting...

No offense, Cap... :D

I'm fat agin.

Stupid holidays really messed me up. I gotta get back on that ball again. I just hate cardio more than anything, but I don't see a way around it.

My treadmill sucks. I should prob just run the old fashion way I suppose.

Just hurt my back today doing deadlifts....oh joy <_<

Edited by tipp78

It's been a while since I posted here but . . . I WON A STINKIN' RACE!!!

Congratulations!

I didn't win, but I ran a race. That's a good start. I have a half-marathon under my belt since the last time I posted here.

Congratulations!

I didn't win, but I ran a race. That's a good start. I have a half-marathon under my belt since the last time I posted here.

That's excellent. Did you do the race fka as the Ing. marathon?

Hurt your back how?

Ha I'm waiting for a lecture on proper form... :unsure:

We'll I was beginning my deadlifts, did like 2 warm up sets everything was smooth, form good was good. I upped the weight did another 2 sets no problems. So I jumped up maybe like 20 pounds did like 3 reps, and I think at this point I was getting fatigued and it started to not "feel right". I was coming back down and I had a pinch in my back, it was nothing major but I was done after that went home and iced it down. Been taking easy on the back and the pain is going away. Only problem is we have a base wide excercise coming up in 6 days and I will need my back....woe is me :(

Ha I'm waiting for a lecture on proper form... :unsure:

We'll I was beginning my deadlifts, did like 2 warm up sets everything was smooth, form good was good. I upped the weight did another 2 sets no problems. So I jumped up maybe like 20 pounds did like 3 reps, and I think at this point I was getting fatigued and it started to not "feel right". I was coming back down and I had a pinch in my back, it was nothing major but I was done after that went home and iced it down. Been taking easy on the back and the pain is going away. Only problem is we have a base wide excercise coming up in 6 days and I will need my back....woe is me :(

I only ask, because some people don't differentiate between actual pain, and soreness. A pinch sounds just like a nerve thing, and will probably go away by then. Along with ice, take some muscle relaxers if you have them. Sometimes that is the only way to get it to heal since you are always using your back except when you are laying down.

You should look into foam rolling, that might help too.

I only ask, because some people don't differentiate between actual pain, and soreness. A pinch sounds just like a nerve thing, and will probably go away by then. Along with ice, take some muscle relaxers if you have them. Sometimes that is the only way to get it to heal since you are always using your back except when you are laying down.

You should look into foam rolling, that might help too.

Yea it was def. a sharp pain in my lower back I've had it happen before but it was during fire training, I think thats what started the problems. I'm looking at foam rolling right now thanks for the advice.

2 mile treadmill run today. Peachtree training begins!

Nice

I really hate the treadmill, I need to invest in an elliptical. Give me a much better workout. Nevertheless, I have been walking at lunch at work every day and it seems to be helping.

Worked from 6pm-6am Monday-Friday for our exercise. One of the days we spent a total of 7 hrs (out of 12) in MOPP 4 (full chem gear).

We got called out at 0400 for a "simulated" fire. Rode out with chem gear under our fire gear had to run out 300 feet of hose, then go inside of a huge building that was smoked out, pulled out 2 victims.

Then reset the truck

....I've lost 5 pounds this week.

Edited by tipp78