JDaveG

New fitness thread!

1,863 posts in this topic

Wow that's pretty good. I got my body weight (165) yesterday. Looking to get my max to 185 before we stop weight training.

Yeah, especially considering that I'm only 5'7" 132. -_-

Maybe but I'm no Sam Baker -_-

Sam%20Baker%20Draft.jpg

You fool this is anything but football, now you've ruined it, the ********! we told them...(man quitly sobs)...The FOOLS!!

I hate taking suppliments but I took Creatine recently after a workout and felt like a beast.

Went running and jumping afterwards and still wasn't tired.

I hate taking suppliments but I took Creatine recently after a workout and felt like a beast.

Went running and jumping afterwards and still wasn't tired.

Yeah Creatine is pretty solid stuff, only thing is you probaly took a pre-workout creatine, thus explaining all the extra energy the one you take after workouts should give you a slight kick but it shouldn't be alot of energy.

Yeah Creatine is pretty solid stuff, only thing is you probaly took a pre-workout creatine, thus explaining all the extra energy the one you take after workouts should give you a slight kick but it shouldn't be alot of energy.

Lol really? Oh well. I got protein too so I'll just take some off that afterwards and just take the creatine before.

Lol really? Oh well. I got protein too so I'll just take some off that afterwards and just take the creatine before.

Most creatines are a start workout thing, Creatine is broken down sugar, basicly if you eat something sugary your body creates two things from it, 1 is fat, the other is energy (creatine), the creatine is what makes your mucles move. Thus you take it before hand and your mucles will have more energy, endurance and fat hanging around, the energy and endurance are odviously needed as you lift weights, the fat that is hanging around is accualy what you're about to convert into mucle mass. Most people take another creatine (size on/evolution/xpand) afterwards, this allows for the body's water retention to stay in the mucles making them appear bigger and also gives you a steady kick of energy that will last you through the day, then they take protien just so the body has everything it needs to fully recover the mucles and gain mass. If you have a good 1/2/3 in these spots, my favorite 3 we're Armagedon, Evolotion, and 2:1:1 recover you should never feel "sore" after a workout, regardless of how hard you do it, normaly what happens is you tear the mucle fibers and in recovering them you feel sore but when they've recovered you're stronger/bigger, what the 3 do, is 1 give you extra stregth through blood flow, and all the essensial building blocks for mucle fibers before and after, so although you tore the mucle fibers because your body has what it needs to help them recover already, they recover alot faster.

Those 3, Armagedon before, Evolution durine, and 2:1:1 recover are the 3 that saw me post a gain of 18 lbs in a single month (that was also down 3% in body fat as well, but I warn you I took those cause they work, Armagedon tastes like a mixture of cough syrup and chalk, evolution tastes like licking the dust off of your television, and 2:1:1 recover tastes like chalk with a chocholate thinge.

As a tip when taking a GOOD pre-workout, you should see these things happen to your body, 1 your pupils will dialate, if the NOS is doing it's job you should see your pupils grow to about 3/4 of your entire colored eye, basicly if you smoke pot it should look the same without the red eye. 2 you should have an over abundace of energy (pumped), 3 you should be stronger than you remeber when I first started I think it ended up being 25 lbs on my bench press imediatly, and it was 90lbs added to my squat weight. play it by ear, start with your orignal weight, when you get to the rep count you "used" to use you'll still be able to keep going it's akin to running a car on empty and seeing how far it goes, then running it at full and seeing how far it goes, all your doing is putting fuel into your mucles the car is still the same.

Most creatines are a start workout thing, Creatine is broken down sugar, basicly if you eat something sugary your body creates two things from it, 1 is fat, the other is energy (creatine), the creatine is what makes your mucles move. Thus you take it before hand and your mucles will have more energy, endurance and fat hanging around, the energy and endurance are odviously needed as you lift weights, the fat that is hanging around is accualy what you're about to convert into mucle mass. Most people take another creatine (size on/evolution/xpand) afterwards, this allows for the body's water retention to stay in the mucles making them appear bigger and also gives you a steady kick of energy that will last you through the day, then they take protien just so the body has everything it needs to fully recover the mucles and gain mass. If you have a good 1/2/3 in these spots, my favorite 3 we're Armagedon, Evolotion, and 2:1:1 recover you should never feel "sore" after a workout, regardless of how hard you do it, normaly what happens is you tear the mucle fibers and in recovering them you feel sore but when they've recovered you're stronger/bigger, what the 3 do, is 1 give you extra stregth through blood flow, and all the essensial building blocks for mucle fibers before and after, so although you tore the mucle fibers because your body has what it needs to help them recover already, they recover alot faster.

Those 3, Armagedon before, Evolution durine, and 2:1:1 recover are the 3 that saw me post a gain of 18 lbs in a single month (that was also down 3% in body fat as well, but I warn you I took those cause they work, Armagedon tastes like a mixture of cough syrup and chalk, evolution tastes like licking the dust off of your television, and 2:1:1 recover tastes like chalk with a chocholate thinge.

As a tip when taking a GOOD pre-workout, you should see these things happen to your body, 1 your pupils will dialate, if the NOS is doing it's job you should see your pupils grow to about 3/4 of your entire colored eye, basicly if you smoke pot it should look the same without the red eye. 2 you should have an over abundace of energy (pumped), 3 you should be stronger than you remeber when I first started I think it ended up being 25 lbs on my bench press imediatly, and it was 90lbs added to my squat weight. play it by ear, start with your orignal weight, when you get to the rep count you "used" to use you'll still be able to keep going it's akin to running a car on empty and seeing how far it goes, then running it at full and seeing how far it goes, all your doing is putting fuel into your mucles the car is still the same.

Wow. That's great advice. Thanks.

Most creatines are a start workout thing, Creatine is broken down sugar, basicly if you eat something sugary your body creates two things from it, 1 is fat, the other is energy (creatine), the creatine is what makes your mucles move. Thus you take it before hand and your mucles will have more energy, endurance and fat hanging around, the energy and endurance are odviously needed as you lift weights, the fat that is hanging around is accualy what you're about to convert into mucle mass.

Creatine is a downline enzyme product of amino acids, not sugar. Creatine itself is not energy either, but a transport system(creatine phosphate) within muscle cells for high energy bound chemical structures(ATP).

Your body makes a lot of the stuff, and takes in about just as much from meats, especially dark meats.

The exogenous powder creatine you take as a supplement has a lower absorption quality than creatine in meat, but may absorb faster..thus why some people get 'energy' from it.

Creatine is a downline enzyme product of amino acids, not sugar. Creatine itself is not energy either, but a transport system(creatine phosphate) within muscle cells for high energy bound chemical structures(ATP).

Your body makes a lot of the stuff, and takes in about just as much from meats, especially dark meats.

The exogenous powder creatine you take as a supplement has a lower absorption quality than creatine in meat, but may absorb faster..thus why some people get 'energy' from it.

I knew it was something like that, I just don't have the language to articulate it in that way I tried, but after reading it confused myself and went with just calling it sugar cause that's quite the bit of explination for a simple, it's used in the mucles so you gain size and strength faster.

I knew it was something like that, I just don't have the language to articulate it in that way I tried, but after reading it confused myself and went with just calling it sugar cause that's quite the bit of explination for a simple, it's used in the mucles so you gain size and strength faster.

right, the water part you were explaining was good though, its actually the hypothesized main reason exogenous creatine works so well for weight lifting/exercise

I'm thinking about taking up running. Any advice?

dont skimp on the pair of shoes you get....good running shoes make or break you

dont skimp on the pair of shoes you get....good running shoes make or break you

Okay. Should I get Nike or New Balance? Do you have a preference?

Okay. Should I get Nike or New Balance? Do you have a preference?

I'm an Addidas guy personally, but thats just me. I hear good things from some buddies who were college track runners and they like New Balance and Asics.

Some people will find a shoe that works with their foot, and get a couple pairs of the shoe so that they have good, reliable shoes for years.

I can always tell if I buy a pair of crappy(for my feet) shoes...I start to get shin splints, i fatigue a little quicker, or my times are off their baseline.

I'm an Addidas guy personally, but thats just me. I hear good things from some buddies who were college track runners and they like New Balance and Asics.

Some people will find a shoe that works with their foot, and get a couple pairs of the shoe so that they have good, reliable shoes for years.

I can always tell if I buy a pair of crappy(for my feet) shoes...I start to get shin splints, i fatigue a little quicker, or my times are off their baseline.

Asics>>>Saucony>>>>Nike>>>>Brooks>>>>Adidas>>>>NB

Also, make sure you get shoes based on your arch. That's how you end up getting shin splints and other injuries.

Asics>>>Saucony>>>>Nike>>>>Brooks>>>>Adidas>>>>NB

Also, make sure you get shoes based on your arch. That's how you end up getting shin splints and other injuries.

How do you get the arch measured?

How do you get the arch measured?

You wet your foot (feet) and then imprint them on the ground.

Depending on how flat footed you are, is the type of shoes you should get. Flat footed people need stabilizer shoes, whereas people with medium-low arches need support, and people with normal arches can wear pretty any other shoe the company makes.

Lets start with B.C. having a record heat wave, case in point monday we set a record for the hottest day in history, tuesday we broke it, today it was broken again. And today our coach being in a bad mood cause one of the vets and the QB mouthin' him off, decided to run us untill someone threw up. I was 4th on the list of people to puke, I know this won't mean anything to you guys or people in Miami and ******* Cali but 39 degree's C is pretty ****in' hot for us. I'm so nausious

Lets start with B.C. having a record heat wave, case in point monday we set a record for the hottest day in history, tuesday we broke it, today it was broken again. And today our coach being in a bad mood cause one of the vets and the QB mouthin' him off, decided to run us untill someone threw up. I was 4th on the list of people to puke, I know this won't mean anything to you guys or people in Miami and ******* Cali but 39 degree's C is pretty ****in' hot for us. I'm so nausious

Man the **** up, that's only 102 F. :lol:

Just kidding, that's pretty hot, and I know it only feels hotter with the helmet/pads.

Man the **** up, that's only 102 F. :lol:

Just kidding, that's pretty hot, and I know it only feels hotter with the helmet/pads.

You guys are used to 120 and all that, this is ******* Canada, I've never been in above 100 in my life, and then the pads and helmet just hold in heat, and his goal was to make us puke so if you're 1/2 assing it he'd run us all night, but if you run hard you get sick and you're gone in 30-45 minutes, it was pretty brutal.