JDaveG

New fitness thread!

1,864 posts in this topic

Haha is the shoulder thing a crack at me? :lol: I know I'm always on here crying about my shoulder and back :(

Poor me.

Yeah, and the knee crack is at me... B)

Yeah, and the knee crack is at me... B)

:lol: Alright just clarifying.

But hey I still do upper body anyways!

Hey guys, I used to wrestle in High School and after I graduated, I can't seem to gain my muscle weight back from when I was in the 145 weight class. I eat like a horse (healthy too), and my metabolism must be insanely high, because I don't gain a single pound. Any workouts or anything that would help me gain my muscle back. I do curls and bench press often, 4 times a week atleast, and I still don't see any difference. My muscle memory could be getting used to my workouts, so I need something new. All I have is plates, bars, and a bench press.

I surf

Right on, same here I have a 6'5 fish board havent road it in months though. I used to surf every day in Japan.

Get that sand outta your nana.

loL@ this born again virgin throwing stones at me

Right on, same here I have a 6'5 fish board havent road it in months though. I used to surf every day in Japan.

my aunt lived about 45 mins from Tokyo for 2 years & said the surfing out there is ridiculous..

smh, she lives in Panama now

Breaking News

The Anaheim Angels have placed Shiek Sweat on the 60 day disabled list for a broken toe.

dead@ Sheik Sweat

Breaking News

The Anaheim Angels have placed Shiek Sweat on the 60 day disabled list for a broken toe.

heart_attack_250x251.jpg

i mean a pill you can eat... :)

I like Rapid-Cuts, I had my biggest weight loss phase's on that, but you gotta remeber I didn't just sit with those, I worked out, but Rapid Cutz is a good one if you want one it will raise you body temprature causing you to sweat just remeber use deoderant.

I run, but I hate it more than anything... I would rather just eat some blue and purple pills to get what I want. :)

Stacker 2 maybe...

I did some plyometrics yesterday and my left leg is way sorer than my right leg...

I did:

Depth jumps (to box jump) - 25 at 24", 25 at 28", and two sets of 25 at 32". I got a couple of chopat straps which helped my knees absorb contact.

Stair jumps (only calves) - 20 sets of 10

Shuttles - 5-10-10-10-10-5 to running up stairs. Ten sets.

Shuffles - 5-10-10-5. Ten sets. This was kind of useless.

2-a-day's = awesome workout for sure, those were some brutal 2-a-days these coaches weren't nice at all, me and 4 guys were left standing at the end of practice running, everyone else "pulled, strained something"/started throwing up from the heat/hard work", apparently training in the off-season wasn't necesary but the only 5 that were realy on it were still standing.

2-a-day's = awesome workout for sure, those were some brutal 2-a-days these coaches weren't nice at all, me and 4 guys were left standing at the end of practice running, everyone else "pulled, strained something"/started throwing up from the heat/hard work", apparently training in the off-season wasn't necesary but the only 5 that were realy on it were still standing.

great to hear you're doing well

great to hear you're doing well

Did well, passed out on the feild in the not so ritsy part of town yesterday after camp (5pm) woke up at 8 like, **** running and sun-stroke can realy take it outta you.

Don't worry, even if you're in the bad part of town in Vancouver, it's like the nice part of town in the states, it wasn't that bad, probaly not cool to be sleeping 100 yards away from where the herione addicts go to shoot up, but still a decent little nap b4 I went into the clubhouse to grab my **** and go home.

I'm so dehydrated now though, my skins flaking, my mouth is dry, I feel like death!

had weight training for the first time in a month today... felt like **** (i hate not long enough before my workout because i woke up late) but performed well. i did not lose an ounce of strength during the break. heck i may have gotten stronger because all i did was a bunch of explosive pushups (plyometric pushups) at ten a set and did that until i was tired. my balance was kind of off on bench. i did 155 as my max, it was a HUGE surprise to me.

really, really did not feel like doing squats today because (a) i was extremely sore everywhere in my legs before the workout and (B) because i ate too late before my workout and was about to puke after every lift. i still did ok because i maxed out at 225.

Are there any personal trainers on here?

The wife has decided she would like to pursue a career in personal training... What advice can you give her? She was going to order a training program online from the AFPA, but then she heard from a personal trainer at a local gym that he could qualify her in a weekend... Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

My old running shoes are completely worn out so I'm going to spending a bit of cash on a new pair, I was thinking getting a pair of under armour. But before I lay down nearly £80 on them I was wondering if anyone here has ever used them, otherwise i'll stick with my normal brand.

My old running shoes are completely worn out so I'm going to spending a bit of cash on a new pair, I was thinking getting a pair of under armour. But before I lay down nearly £80 on them I was wondering if anyone here has ever used them, otherwise i'll stick with my normal brand.

Not sure about the running shoes, but I had a pair of Under Armor cleats that were pretty comfortable.

I had the UA agilty's, they're painful at first but once they're worn in they're light and comfy, but honestly they're just training shoes they don't do anything, pretty much anything light is gonna be solid and they aren't anything special, but if you're gonna spend the money they aren't that bad.

Benched 225 a week ago...B)

Wow that's pretty good. I got my body weight (165) yesterday. Looking to get my max to 185 before we stop weight training.

Not sure about the running shoes, but I had a pair of Under Armor cleats that were pretty comfortable.
I had the UA agilty's, they're painful at first but once they're worn in they're light and comfy, but honestly they're just training shoes they don't do anything, pretty much anything light is gonna be solid and they aren't anything special, but if you're gonna spend the money they aren't that bad.

Thanks for the info, I think 'm probably gonna spend the money see if I like and if not someone on ebay can have em.