JDaveG

New fitness thread!

1,863 posts in this topic

Weighed in at 197lbs a few days ago.

awesome job, basically 20 pounds in 2 months...thats great....you are exercising and eating right to get to that weight right?

awesome job, basically 20 pounds in 2 months...thats great....you are exercising and eating right to get to that weight right?

13 pounds, wish it was 20. I'm excercising, not eating "right" per se. I'm eating what I want, but in limited portions, and I've cut out almost all drinks w/ sugar (before it had been just soda, now it's gatorade/energy drinks etc. as well). It's been pretty noticable, particuarly in the abdominal area, which is very cool.

Hey ki46dinah....

I want to add about 15lbs of muscle mass once I get down to like 185/190lbs, and was wondering if you could give tips. Thanks again...

football is going okay. i don't know anything about what we're doing playbook-wise right now. if i could get that down, i think i would have potential to be a starter. we do one-on-one's in practice (push the guy as far back as possible) and i dominate the group of db's i go against when i have energy (yesterday i was tired and could not get much of a push). only one really gives me competition and i'm starting to see the benefits of being tall. if i was the same height as the others i would probably have less of a push.

im kind of ready to move to the next line because he put me in the powderpuff group (we have four groups). normally we're supposed to do only three matchups but my line only has one other person while the db's have a plethora of people. we were supposed to do one each today but since my line only has two people, i had to do three and dominated all of them. it was quite cool to actually block someone five yards back and when i stop, they keep going backwards (because i havent ever been able to do that). one-on-one's are pretty much the only thing i can look forward to right now.

there is one kid that really pisses me off. he gets as low as possible before the coach says to go (even though the coach told us to get in an athletic position). so he kind of gets a slight initial punch because he has better leverage. i always win though.

i don't understand our offense at all though. i think im going to go to the coach's classroom early so i can draw up a playbook (they dont give us one). i may just switch to defense. i mean, all they have is cover 2 and 3, plus i like the idea of jacking up receivers and maybe making some interceptions. another reason to go to defense would be that i cant catch at all. not knowing the playbook and not having good hands is not a good combination for split end.

football is going okay. i don't know anything about what we're doing playbook-wise right now. if i could get that down, i think i would have potential to be a starter. we do one-on-one's in practice (push the guy as far back as possible) and i dominate the group of db's i go against when i have energy (yesterday i was tired and could not get much of a push). only one really gives me competition and i'm starting to see the benefits of being tall. if i was the same height as the others i would probably have less of a push.

im kind of ready to move to the next line because he put me in the powderpuff group (we have four groups). normally we're supposed to do only three matchups but my line only has one other person while the db's have a plethora of people. we were supposed to do one each today but since my line only has two people, i had to do three and dominated all of them. it was quite cool to actually block someone five yards back and when i stop, they keep going backwards (because i havent ever been able to do that). one-on-one's are pretty much the only thing i can look forward to right now.

there is one kid that really pisses me off. he gets as low as possible before the coach says to go (even though the coach told us to get in an athletic position). so he kind of gets a slight initial punch because he has better leverage. i always win though.

i don't understand our offense at all though. i think im going to go to the coach's classroom early so i can draw up a playbook (they dont give us one). i may just switch to defense. i mean, all they have is cover 2 and 3, plus i like the idea of jacking up receivers and maybe making some interceptions. another reason to go to defense would be that i cant catch at all. not knowing the playbook and not having good hands is not a good combination for split end.

I would just try and sit down with some of the players on offense and have them explain it to you. Your qb should have a better understanding of the offense than anyone else if you could have him teach you, you'd be golden.

I would just try and sit down with some of the players on offense and have them explain it to you. Your qb should have a better understanding of the offense than anyone else if you could have him teach you, you'd be golden.

well, he gave us playbooks yesterday :lol: so i shouldnt be worried.

i came up with a great idea today. yesterday, i was wondering what i could do to jump on to a higher platform than what i have for box jumps... then BAM today i wondered if my ******* former stepdad had left any of his remodeling materials behind, then i go to the garage and notice he had left a plethora of sturdy wood that i could use. now, i've just got to use simple engineering to build this thing. i'm thinking i'll be making it about three feet tall.

Hey ki46dinah....

I want to add about 15lbs of muscle mass once I get down to like 185/190lbs, and was wondering if you could give tips. Thanks again...

Here's my issiue BWD, it's gonna be harder to put mass on while you're small then when you're big, essensialy when you're lifting weights you are using your stored fat to burn and turn into mucle. So your Idea that you're going to try to put on 15 lbs of mass after you have lost the weight is flawed, start lifting heavy weights low reps and superseting, I like to do upperbody as 1 day, and lowerbody as another day. Start lifting while you still have the fat on your frame, and you'll start to see better improvments in your weight loss and you'll be helping yourself build the mass you want, this is a lesson I learned the hard way, and one of the reasons I have been so succsessful at putting on mass is I started lifting seriously at 270 lbs. My suggestions for a full upperbody workout, start

15 minutes of Cardio High intesity

Bench (Max weight 3 reps)

Lats (chose a machine, chose a free weight, work you lat any which way you want, just heavy weights no more than 6 reps, if you don't damd near fail on the last rep you're doing it wrong)

(4 supersets between those 2, so bench 30 seconds rest, lats, 30, bench 30, lats, 1:30, bench, 30 lats, 30, bench, 30 lats)

Bi's and tris

Any 2 follow the pattern up above and make the block 2,

block 3, with be sholders and traps any two work outs again superset them and keep a fast pace high intesity 30 seconds is about long enough to go get water and move to your next set the only real break you should take is the minute and 30 second one.

block 4 will be Cardio for 5 minutes

block 5 will be your ab's and poly's, pick 2 ab workouts 1 side bend, and 1 sit up I love the fireman sit up (a normal sit up but let your legs fall to the sides so you're legs are in meditation position (knees are on the ground almost, then sit up it forces you to use your lower abs to sit the whole way up), this is where if you're going to throw up it'll happen here, start with your side bend do 20 reps with a 45 lbs weight, run 3 laps of an average distance, get back and do your sit ups, run, sidebend, run, sit up, run, side bend run, sit up run, side bend run, now rest for 1.5 minutes get water.

(you could also sub straight running for a ladder, a running jumping excersise, anything polymetrics will work as the "rest" between your ab sets.)

block 6 8 minutes of high intesity cardio

Now it's gonna be a tough workout, you'll go home or to work sore, tough it out for 2 weeks and you'll start to notice you're putting on mass and losing weight at a rapid rate, now if you think it's tough, remeber I was doing this with a PT (so I couldn't cheat at all) when I was 270 lbs, now I'm 204, with 184.5 lbs of fat free mass. it's a good workout you just have to tough it out, and there will be moments where you're like what the **** am I doing I'm so exasted, just don't let yourself quit.

Here's my issiue BWD, it's gonna be harder to put mass on while you're small then when you're big, essensialy when you're lifting weights you are using your stored fat to burn and turn into mucle. So your Idea that you're going to try to put on 15 lbs of mass after you have lost the weight is flawed, start lifting heavy weights low reps and superseting, I like to do upperbody as 1 day, and lowerbody as another day. Start lifting while you still have the fat on your frame, and you'll start to see better improvments in your weight loss and you'll be helping yourself build the mass you want, this is a lesson I learned the hard way, and one of the reasons I have been so succsessful at putting on mass is I started lifting seriously at 270 lbs. My suggestions for a full upperbody workout, start

15 minutes of Cardio High intesity

Bench (Max weight 3 reps)

Lats (chose a machine, chose a free weight, work you lat any which way you want, just heavy weights no more than 6 reps, if you don't damd near fail on the last rep you're doing it wrong)

(4 supersets between those 2, so bench 30 seconds rest, lats, 30, bench 30, lats, 1:30, bench, 30 lats, 30, bench, 30 lats)

Bi's and tris

Any 2 follow the pattern up above and make the block 2,

block 3, with be sholders and traps any two work outs again superset them and keep a fast pace high intesity 30 seconds is about long enough to go get water and move to your next set the only real break you should take is the minute and 30 second one.

block 4 will be Cardio for 5 minutes

block 5 will be your ab's and poly's, pick 2 ab workouts 1 side bend, and 1 sit up I love the fireman sit up (a normal sit up but let your legs fall to the sides so you're legs are in meditation position (knees are on the ground almost, then sit up it forces you to use your lower abs to sit the whole way up), this is where if you're going to throw up it'll happen here, start with your side bend do 20 reps with a 45 lbs weight, run 3 laps of an average distance, get back and do your sit ups, run, sidebend, run, sit up, run, side bend run, sit up run, side bend run, now rest for 1.5 minutes get water.

(you could also sub straight running for a ladder, a running jumping excersise, anything polymetrics will work as the "rest" between your ab sets.)

block 6 8 minutes of high intesity cardio

Now it's gonna be a tough workout, you'll go home or to work sore, tough it out for 2 weeks and you'll start to notice you're putting on mass and losing weight at a rapid rate, now if you think it's tough, remeber I was doing this with a PT (so I couldn't cheat at all) when I was 270 lbs, now I'm 204, with 184.5 lbs of fat free mass. it's a good workout you just have to tough it out, and there will be moments where you're like what the **** am I doing I'm so exasted, just don't let yourself quit.

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure I'll be able to get through it (without quitting that is). :)

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure I'll be able to get through it (without quitting that is). :)

Push yourself through and you'll notice, the payback is dimes talking to you, dimes hangin' on your arm all day, it's a great thing.

I just started a new job, we had a holiday monday so yesterday, and the hot chick in the office first thing started chatting me up, started touching my hands up the arms accross the chest, I was just like I don't even gotta work for this, deal, chick is drop dead gorgous too, spanish, nice rack (D's), J-lo ***, and I think her waist is smaller than my thigh.

Not only that you'll start to notice you're becoming a good athelete if you do it hard enough 2 weeks and you'll start to notice the lower body workout's when you run or jump, you can do any 8 excersises for legs as long as the first one is squats, and the last is leg press, superset that with a calf raise. It took me 3 months and I'm doing over 1 tonne on the leg press/calf raise (that's 2,000 lbs), but trust me I know what I'm doin' later that day when I'm doing legs just remeber when you do legs go as hard as possible and don't do ANYTHING involving running or alot of walking for the next 2 days.

Trust me, the people who are always in your gym will start to notice you too.

Ate a dozen Krispy Kreme Jelly donuts and washed it down with a 12 pack of Jolt cola. walked 10 foot to the couch and napped.

you are employing 'thermogenic' weight loss then....the body increases it's metabolism when digesting food

i'm sure the weight is just flyin off ya....then again, that might be the diabetes kickin in

Ate a dozen Krispy Kreme Jelly donuts and washed it down with a 12 pack of Jolt cola. walked 10 foot to the couch and napped.

That's my kind of workout.

broke my big toe on my left foot yesterday in an unfortunate foot meet surfboard accident.. I usually workout with a trainer like 3-4 times a wk but I gotta slow down on that for the next couple wks.. Does anyone have any other cardio activities I can do while I cant really walk.. I thought about the bike but I dont know how that will work out..

I think I can still lift etc, just not any squats or dumb bell stuff standing up for a minute..

broke my big toe on my left foot yesterday in an unfortunate foot meet surfboard accident.. I usually workout with a trainer like 3-4 times a wk but I gotta slow down on that for the next couple wks.. Does anyone have any other cardio activities I can do while I cant really walk.. I thought about the bike but I dont know how that will work out..

I think I can still lift etc, just not any squats or dumb bell stuff standing up for a minute..

Swimming?

Ouch, so do you surf or did a surfboard just happen to attack you?

i mean a pill you can eat... :)

:blink: comon just go outside for a run.

:blink: comon just go outside for a run.

Psssh that isnt the American way! We just take a pill to solve our weight problems!

Psssh that isnt the American way! We just take a pill to solve our weight problems!

Or we blame not doing upper body exercises because of "shoulder problems." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Some idiots blame their problem on "patellar tendinitis." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Or we blame not doing upper body exercises because of "shoulder problems." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Some idiots blame their problem on "patellar tendinitis." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Haha is the shoulder thing a crack at me? :lol: I know I'm always on here crying about my shoulder and back :(

Poor me.