JDaveG

New fitness thread!

1,863 posts in this topic

Wow I can't believe this. I weighed in at 150lbs. last Sunday. This week, I went to my school's football workouts, and today I weighed in at 160lbs. ****ing remarkable. I can't believe this. I ate a ton of food (8 eggs, 2-3 apples, school lunch, whey protein, milk, 8 slices of bread, and a little more per day) and some it is fat, but ****. I think I'm gonna go weigh myself again.

OK, I weighed myself again and was 155.5lbs and took my clothes and shoes off (I had stuff in my pockets, so my pants were heavier). That's still pretty ****ing incredible.

OK, I weighed myself again and was 155.5lbs and took my clothes and shoes off (I had stuff in my pockets, so my pants were heavier). That's still pretty ****ing incredible.

A lot of that is going to be water weight. I honestly fluctuate between 195 and 205 on different days. I am anal retentive about what I eat and it is pretty much a strict 1850 calorie a day diet of the same food for a week or two at a time. Some days I just retain more water, or weigh myself at a different time.

It is difficult to lose more than a pound a week, and (even at your age) difficult to gain even half of that. Cut the salt levels down for a week or two and see where you're at.

On another note, I miss being able to eat that much food without having buttons shoot of my pants a week later. I did swim 1.5 miles this morning though! Constant battle...

I weight 144 lbs without clothes on. I need to gain weight. I'm 5'10". I walk a lot. I walk around 2 miles a day.

Let's just say I was crushed playing tackle football one time, and never have I played tackle again. :D

lol i cant wait to knock some people out in football. gotta gain a few pounds first though.

I'm probably at 25" right now. I got 22" last year but have improved since then. I can't dunk a basketball right now because trying to dunk objects that I can't easily palm (I can palm basketballs, but it's a weak grip) really throws my rhythm off.

How'd you maximize your vert?

use the leg press, but rather than center your feet on the lifting pad, leave your toes off of it.

This forces you to use just the hamstring and thigh mucles. Making those two stronger, if you do that on a high weight, when you're done just move your feet to the bottom of the pad, and do calf raises with flat feet, then with your feet pointing in makin' a sort of a, and then with your feet pointing out making a v. This should help you're vertical, and leg strength the most follow that up with a stretch from the polymetric's grouping. first you just a small object, then you clear something difficult by doing that you stregthen your control over your jump. What I use is 3 of the "steps" you see in the old lady's fitness classes, followed by 5, at this point I'm 5'10, and I can dunk a basketball which is impressive because I'm 224 and built like a DE, because I play DE.

today at weight training i squatted 40 more lbs. than two weeks ago, so im making great progress on squats. with deadlifts, i lifted 20 more lbs. than last week but was unable to complete the set of 5- i ended up 2 reps away. on bench, i increased 10 lbs. but came up 2 reps short on a 10 rep set on my second of three sets (i thought i could do more than i did but ended up pretty much burning out on that set and maxed out on the third set). im gonna try to squat 5 more lbs. this wednesday if we squat but we're probably not going to do the other lifts.

today at weight training i squatted 40 more lbs. than two weeks ago, so im making great progress on squats. with deadlifts, i lifted 20 more lbs. than last week but was unable to complete the set of 5- i ended up 2 reps away. on bench, i increased 10 lbs. but came up 2 reps short on a 10 rep set on my second of three sets (i thought i could do more than i did but ended up pretty much burning out on that set and maxed out on the third set). im gonna try to squat 5 more lbs. this wednesday if we squat but we're probably not going to do the other lifts.

Ahh I love squats, i try to do them twice a week my weight has slowly been increasing but it got knocked down last week when I strained my back doing squats (nothing serious) but I'm trying to take it easy. I used to bench alot but I cant even get under a bar because of my shoulder but I supplement bench press, with incline w/dumbells because it doesnt bother my shoulder.

Ahh I love squats, i try to do them twice a week my weight has slowly been increasing but it got knocked down last week when I strained my back doing squats (nothing serious) but I'm trying to take it easy. I used to bench alot but I cant even get under a bar because of my shoulder but I supplement bench press, with incline w/dumbells because it doesnt bother my shoulder.

i love squats because they help with explosion. explosion= quickness and hops. if we squat tomorrow im gonna try to jump 10 more lbs. that'll give me 50 more lbs. on my squat max in 2 1/2 weeks.

btw, i have a break for 2 1/2 weeks, so would i lose strength over that time if i didn't work out? i want to know if all that progress i made is going to waste or if i can just pick up from where i left off. if the rest hurts me enough, im going to plead one of my parents to take me to LA fitness.

btw, i have a break for 2 1/2 weeks, so would i lose strength over that time if i didn't work out? i want to know if all that progress i made is going to waste or if i can just pick up from where i left off. if the rest hurts me enough, im going to plead one of my parents to take me to LA fitness.

2 1/2 weeks is a long time to not work out, I take a week break every now and then but you can lose alot of ground in 2 1/2 weeks (or at least I do). I think you'll be ok but be prepared to not be able to lift as much the 1st week back but by the 3rd week back you should be back to normal. For me it seems like I can get my legs strong really fast, but they get weak really fast when i dont squat.

2 1/2 weeks is a long time to not work out, I take a week break every now and then but you can lose alot of ground in 2 1/2 weeks (or at least I do). I think you'll be ok but be prepared to not be able to lift as much the 1st week back but by the 3rd week back you should be back to normal. For me it seems like I can get my legs strong really fast, but they get weak really fast when i dont squat.

ok i guess ill just rest, or if im bored ill go to la fitness. i squatted 225 5 times last workout and look to get my max to 400 when we stop weight training.

ok i guess ill just rest, or if im bored ill go to la fitness. i squatted 225 5 times last workout and look to get my max to 400 when we stop weight training.

Yea 400 is a good goal, just keep lifting hard and use good form...I'm actually suprised though most younger guys never squat, they just do upper body, so props to you bro.

Yea 400 is a good goal, just keep lifting hard and use good form...I'm actually suprised though most younger guys never squat, they just do upper body, so props to you bro.

i lifted today. i tried to do 235 5 times, but could only do it once and failed on the second rep.kind of a disappointment considering how much stronger i was getting.

i lifted today. i tried to do 235 5 times, but could only do it once and failed on the second rep.kind of a disappointment considering how much stronger i was getting.

Maybe just a bad day, it happens. I'll be going 2morrow to do chest and biceps...and maybe run 2 miles

Normaly I take a week, and come back alot stronger, every now and then you should take some time off, so that your mucles can heal, you normaly come back stronger, but 2 and 1/2 weeks is a while, you should come back at about the same, because your mucles healed up and got bigger but then the lack of work made them smaller, try to avoid drinking, alcohol has a negative effect on your ablity to gain mucle mass.

As for Kettle Bells, they're pretty ****in' sweet, very good for core and oblque (sp) excersise we used them as part of an agilty set with the ladder.

Normaly I take a week, and come back alot stronger, every now and then you should take some time off, so that your mucles can heal, you normaly come back stronger, but 2 and 1/2 weeks is a while, you should come back at about the same, because your mucles healed up and got bigger but then the lack of work made them smaller, try to avoid drinking, alcohol has a negative effect on your ablity to gain mucle mass.

As for Kettle Bells, they're pretty ****in' sweet, very good for core and oblque (sp) excersise we used them as part of an agilty set with the ladder.

I do legs all the time, I think I hit lower body harder than upperbody.

I legpress 9 plates a side, 810lbs, and squat 305, 15 times, if you don't do legs hard you're gonna get run over on the D-Line though, my bench sucks though.

I do legs all the time, I think I hit lower body harder than upperbody.

I legpress 9 plates a side, 810lbs, and squat 305, 15 times, if you don't do legs hard you're gonna get run over on the D-Line though, my bench sucks though.

i was thinking i'd play defensive end this year, but i've decided to just play wide receiver. i'm just not thick enough right now. i think i may play wide receiver and defensive end next year if i get big enough, which would be about 190 lbs. right now i'm at 158 lbs. and my goal is to get up to at least 170 lbs by the time i'm finished weight training this season.

I'm at 225 right now, and if I'm gonna play offense I play tailback, I'm naturaly thick, in terms of lowerbody, build like Maruice Jone Drew, I plan on bulking another 15 lbs on that for the start of the season to start at 240, cause once football season starts, with work in the morning 8-4, and football at night 6-9, I don't realy have all that much time to be in the weight-room, I tend to lose some mucle mass, I find an hour hear and there, and once a week I get a full one in but it's just not enough. I have good upperbody strength, it's just not superb, basicly right now I'm more of a Michael Turner type build, which is good for me at RB, but as an end it does give me some problems, I think I can put enough bulk on this off-season to get 225, 25 times right now I'm at 15, at which point I'm gonna try out as a RB with the Washington Huskies, I'm running a 4.7 from a power-back that's good speed, only problem is being from Canada I don't have the same type of coaching and am a bit raw as a runner, as an end I'm as solid as they come, but size is one of those things coaches seldom overlook.

End isen't about size though, if you have speed and thoughness you can play end regardless of anything else, it's all technicals, strength and speed are good, and coaches love it, but at the end of the day if you sell out and do your job you'll be a very good DE regardless of a dazzling 40, or ridiculos bench-press. I remeber I was dominating OT's that we're over 300 lbs, when I could bench 1 plate mabey 4 or 5 times, and ran a 5.1 in 40 yards. I was just fast enough to control the outside, and smart enough to know when to go inside to make the play, if it came down to physicals back then I would get killed, but brains and grit made me a solid starter. Without speed you're not gonna score many, sacks or put alot of pressure on the QB, you'll get 1 or 2 but they'll be when he gets flushed right into you, but you play WR so speed's not an issue, at the very least try as a pass-rusher. Now that I have speed, and streghth compared to most players in my league sacks are easy my rookie year I put up 19, and stuffing the run is my center-peice I finished the season with 51 tackles 32 for a loss. But I went in with 3 reps of 225, and a 4.9, which is why I think I'm gonna have a moster season from the edge, people know about me, but Prince (the other DE) is the guy who commands a double team not a whole lotta canadians run a 4.4, and bench 225 31 times, along with being 6'4 269, When he graduates we expect him to be Canada's first blue chipper, and he's being sold to UM presumably, he'll be a rookie on the team this season, but scored 6 sacks in his only game last year, I'm still tryin' for a 4.5 this offseason, but that's alot to ask.