Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NewFalcon

rookie instead of newbie

16 posts in this topic

one suggestion that i'd ask the administrators to consider:

i hate the label "newbie" that is applied to new members and i bet that i'm not alone.

although a newbie can be defined as a newcomer to an online service, a common negative use of the term is applied to someone who is not experienced or educated in a particular area, and who has difficulty with the most routine beginner tasks. although there may be some new members who are really newbies in the most negative sense, my gut tells me that most of us have some education and experience, and we're simply rookies on the falcons forum "team".

i suggest that the administrators consider "rookie" instead. i would be a relatively simple change to make. biggrin.gif

i hate the label "newbie" that is applied to new members and i bet that i'm not alone.

although a newbie can be defined as a newcomer to an online service, a common negative use of the term is applied to someone who is not experienced or educated in a particular area, and who has difficulty with the most routine beginner tasks. although there may be some new members who are really newbies in the most negative sense, my gut tells me that most of us have some education and experience, and we're simply rookies on the falcons forum "team".

i suggest that the administrators consider "rookie" instead. i would be a relatively simple change to make. biggrin.gif

it'd be easier if you just got 25 posts...

its not that hard

i would agree but it's only 25 posts

and there is alot of times when the newbie tag applies to it's full fury

but if you do intelligent post no one will call u a newbie and be nice

or you oculd not worry about the labels and not act like a newbie

i agree.

this dude is taking forums too seriously if he worries about usertitles... dry.gif

blah blah blah

Don't mind me

I'm just a Falcons fan since 1966 and Falcons board visitor since the invention of the internet trying to shed his "Newbie. tag. 

blah blah blah...post post post

Carry on

Birdmahn (12/3/2007)
blah blah blah

Don't mind me

I'm just a Falcons fan since 1966 and Falcons board visitor since the invention of the internet trying to shedhis "Newbie. tag.

blah blah blah...post post post

Carry on

:laugh:

I think "rookie" is a great suggestion just for keeping with all the football terms on here.

Besides, then it will make being called a newbie even more poignant!

:P

1 i think its 50posts, because i just graduated from newbie recently, and ill say its not a big deal. 50posts takes time when your new, but once you get into the flow you might post like 30 a day. i know ive posted 30 a day sometimes 50 a day if i had a DJ thread to post in.

i suggest that the administrators consider "rookie" instead. i would be a relatively simple change to make.

ROOKIES !