falcons will be active in free agent market

atljbo

atlanta falcons gm rich mckay told the atlanta journal-constitution the team will be active in free agency during the offseason.

to be a major player, the falcons must release some veterans like wayne gandy, warrick dunn, joe horn and eventually michael vick. they must also recoup all of the salary/bonus money from vick that's currently in arbitration.

the journal-constitution listed its top free agents: 1. randy moss, new england patriots; 2. asante samuel, new england patriots; 3. albert haynesworth, tennessee titans; 4. alan faneca, pittsburgh steelers; 5. bob sanders, indianapolis colts.

the only person i can really see us goinjg after is bob sanders.....and thats not gonna hapen

atlanta falcons gm rich mckay told the atlanta journal-constitution the team will be active in free agency during the offseason.

to be a major player, the falcons must release some veterans like wayne gandy, warrick dunn, joe horn and eventually michael vick. they must also recoup all of the salary/bonus money from vick that's currently in arbitration.

the journal-constitution listed its top free agents: 1. randy moss, new england patriots; 2. asante samuel, new england patriots; 3. albert haynesworth, tennessee titans; 4. alan faneca, pittsburgh steelers; 5. bob sanders, indianapolis colts.

the only person i can really see us goinjg after is bob sanders.....and thats not gonna hapen

who do you guess will definetly be cut or traded in the off season????(from the falcons)

bob sanders is the best overal target on that list. i am sure ind would love to lock him up, but if they have to pick him or dallas clark, coach peyton might overrule coach dungy.

sanders is my #1 fa want. he could elevate this defense to a new level. look at ind with and without him. 2 totally different teams.

moss - would laugh at us calling him after what blank said about him. he would also revert back to the oak moss once he wasnt winning.

faneca - i would love him here as well, but still like sanders better because he is younger. faneca just doesnt make sense. he would be getting too old by the time this team became a contender (2-4 years)

samuel - only if we trade deangelo hall. i mean if they end up with similar contracts, and we get first round (or more) for hall, it would be a good move to build on.

haynesworth - i am just weary of this guy. he has coasted along until this season. either he finally broke out, or he is overachieving for the dollar. not a dice i would wanna roll with 40m+ tied to it.

and that's where we're going to have a problem considering how everyone's coming out of the woodwork to sue him now.

i doubt mike has taken care of his money. the worst part is that the irs hasn't gotten involved yet... and you know they're going to.

he might not have the money to pay the falcons back.

would love to get all those guys but ideally-and-semi-realistically i'd like to see faneca, michael turner and jonathan vilma on this team. draft a qb and some tackles (both o and d) and we're set. (oh and keep hall and make crumpler get back in shape and retire dunn and start norwood and maybe trade brooking if we can get value)

would love to get all those guys but ideally-and-semi-realistically i'd like to see faneca, michael turner and jonathan vilma on this team. draft a qb and some tackles (both o and d) and we're set. (oh and keep hall and make crumpler get back in shape and retire dunn and start norwood and maybe trade brooking if we can get value)

i like vilma as well, but wonder about his knees. it was said his injury was cause by a genetic problem with his knees. i dont know if the surgery he had will erase the possibility of it re-occuring or not. dont need another hartwell situation with knees.

if he gets a clean bill, i would love to get him for one of our 2nds.

is there really any legitimate speculation that we will get any/all of the money back?

i haven't heard shyte, but it would seem vick wouldn't have 20 mil to give back.

i don't think blank will get any of the money, and even if he does get it eventually, he won't get it anytime soon. i've seen several stories about vick defaulting on loans to banks like wachovia and rbc. if he doesn't have the money to pay back loans to these banks, i don't see how he will have the liquidity to pay $20 million to the falcons. he will at least be able to draw it out in a lengthy legal process which would ruin a lot of the benefit the falcons would get by reducing the salary cap in 2008 and having money to spend on free agents.

noooooooooo way we get alan faneca...noo way you pay a 30 year old dude big money unless your a guaranteed playoff team......so naw......i think we will build our line thru the draft like mckay said last year....what i think he means by getting in the free agent market is going after players like rb michael turner,lb karlos dansby, dt randy starks(depth)

i say get the guard lilja from the colts and sense we are getting rid of coleman we got toget hanysworth and we need someone tomake a statement inthe middle of our defense at safety or middle linebacker. i say get bob sanders and we need somebody to catch the deep ball lets hope thepatriots stick to form and cut moss after the season.

i say get the guard lilja from the colts and sense we are getting rid of coleman we got toget hanysworth and we need someone tomake a statement inthe middle of our defense at safety or middle linebacker. i say get bob sanders and we need somebody to catch the deep ball lets hope thepatriots stick to form and cut moss after the season.

lilja is a 290 lbs guard. not the right fit for our scheme.

this free agent talk will lead to nowhere. no impact free agent doesn't want to play for the falcons.

who do you guess will definetly be cut or traded in the off season????(from the falcons)

traded?

coleman or babineaux ( i like them both, but i think something will happen there especially if the falcons have any shot to draft lsu dt dorsey )

the typical hasty/dumb trades here:

crumpler

dhall

I see the Falcons starting D.J Shockley next year and getting O-lineman Gosder Cherilus, Jake Long or RB Jonathan Stewart in the draft. As for free agency, Boley and D-Mo are free agents after this year so first signing them back would make sense, then don't go for Moss. Get David Akers, sign another QB and resign D-Hall.