eric ainge

trudweathers

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mckay may not be the gm for the falcons after the 2007 season.

ainge worked with and learned from david cutcliffe in 06 and 07 at tennessee - so he should be well prepared to play qb at the nfl level based on that experience. both peyton and eli worked with cutcliffe at the college level and it prepared them for the nfl.

i wouldn't be against this pick because he can be had in later rounds. we can address our ol need in the first round with jake long or go for the homerun with run dmc. i don't like picking up a qb in the first round unless his name begins with matt and ends with ryan.

i can accept that with an open heart. i'm not on the matt ryan express just yet though.

what has ryan shown that ainge hasn't?

ainge

year cmp att yds cmp% ypa lng td int sack rat

2007 252 391 2511 64.5 6.42 53 20 5 2 132.72

ryan

2007 307 512 3584 60.0 7.00 71 25 14 17 129.41

so ryan has about 1000 more yards on about 120 more attempts. ainge has a higher comp %, less ints, has only been sacked twice the whole season. they look very similar to me. this is just their senior season, but the rest of their college career looks just as similar. i just don't see why people are drooling over ryan and just shun ainge.

i wouldn't do that....

brennan: 46 td passes, 6 int's, 69.9 comp %

dixon: 29 td passes, 4 int's, 67.7 comp %...and then you add his rushing td's which gives him 38 total td's

booty: 20 td passes, 8 int's 63.3 comp %

you can't compare players by stats when you are talking about drafting them, if you did...brennan would be the first qb taken, not a second round draft pick. i could have listed more players that we at or around the same numbers as ainge that you prolly never even heard of, but i was just sticking with the 2nd round qb's.

so tell me, what should i use to compare two players? their hair style? what?

compare them by what kind of offences they run, if they are pro-style or not. compare them by their abilities, or how you think they will progress as a professional football player. also size comes into the final decision, otherwise troy smith would have been a 1st round pick. if drafting qb's was as easy as just looking at the stats 10 year olds could build a solid nfl team.

erik ainge is 6'6'', runs the same offense as peyton manning did, ect ect. he has all of the tools. had the same qb coach as manning and manning....i don't see how you can say ryan is so great, but ainge isn't.

i'm not going to argue ainge isn't better than ryan, i just thought you could argue your point better than just presenting the stats. biggrin.gif

louisville does not play big league football. bc does not play big league football. hawaii does not play big league football. usc does not play big league football. none of those guys count to me.

ky plays in the sec

tn plays in the sec

eric ainge == andre woodson

ainge will probably not be a top ten draft

at this moment i am a big fan of woodson cause tn needs to lose.

brian brohm, matt ryan, andre woodson, colt brennan, john david booty > eric ainge

no thank you.

erik ainge is 6'6'', runs the same offense as peyton manning did, ect ect. he has all of the tools. had the same qb coach as manning and manning....i don't see how you can say ryan is so great, but ainge isn't.

erik ainge will be a sleeper in this draft. we will probably overlook him because we are douches. load up a line and put ainge back there. he is a football player

what has ryan shown that ainge hasn't?

ainge

2007 252 391 2511 64.5 6.42 53 20 5 2 132.72

ryan

2007 307 512 3584 60.0 7.00 71 25 14 17 129.41

so ryan has about 1000 more yards on about 120 more attempts. ainge has a higher comp %, less ints, has only been sacked twice the whole season. they look very similar to me. this is just their senior season, but the rest of their college career looks just as similar. i just don't see why people are drooling over ryan and just shun ainge.

you are right but where did i say i was against taking ainge? i just feel that he is not going to be a 1st rounder. matt ryan has been performing this year like a heisman candidate while ainge has not. i like both...wouldn't be mad with either. just rather have matt as my qb.

usc and az and or do not play the same caliber of football as the sec

tongue.gif

they play ###### football in ###### leagues with ###### fans

i've said in other threads that i would not want tim tebow either. i don't want a running qb. i don't care if he's asian.

usc = #3 d in the nation

az st = #12 d in the nation

just say you dont like him because he can run & he's black.. its ok, its very transparent.