after the bucs game

after watching the game, you can see what investing in your line will get you, our o-line played terrible and tampa's gave thier qb time for the most part, and opened up lanes to run the ball. in the off season, i dont care how much it costs, we need to seriously improve this line, alan faneca, max starks, whatever it takes, jake long michael oher, i dont care , but man i hated seeing this game. i am a falcons fan living just outside of tampa, with friends and relatives that are all bucs fans, and im tired of dealing with this. it seems year after year the bucs embarress us, why cant we at least stay competitive?

the crappy ol has been an obvious weakness for years. zone blocking or not, mckay should never have allowed alex gibbs to make personel decisions.

i have been strongly considering putting brohm in my newest mock. not any more. i say we acquire andrew walter in free agency and turn the draft into a big man fest.

assuming all the d hall rumors are true, here is a mock of the top of my head:

1a malcolm jenkins (cb)...replaces hall. i would consider kenny phillips if there is a doubt about jimmy williams.

1b ryan clady chris williams or michael oher (lt)....nimble-footed big guys that can handle the lt position. if we wait for the second round, the few teams ahead of us will snatch up all the decent lt prospects. it is now or never.

2a frank okam (dt)......very big man to help clog the middle. (montavious stanley....i'm not feeling it.)

2b duke robinson or jeremy perry (rg)..... i liked quarterman as a sleeper pick, but i don't want to take chances at the position of greatest need. both of these guys are juniors. i hear that they are clearly the best og's in the nation.

3a john flacco (qb)...i am not liking leftwich or harrington. it may sound crazy, but i would be willing to start the season with walters, shockley and flacco. walter gets the starter role and the other two slug it out for the back up role.

3b any of the several 300lb centers. we need to have some push up the middle. mcclure is clearly a great zone blocker, so he should be traded with forney to one of the new zone blocking teams....oakland sounds reasonable.

i've been screaming this for years. it's always been our biggest weakness. all the mcfadden supporters who are saying look at ap this year need to check out chester taylor this week. it proves it's the line/system that make the play makers.

not that their o-line isn't great, but taylor was a good back prior to signing with minny tongue.gif

wait, the bucs game today or the bucs game 2 years ago... or the bucs game 8 years ago...

our offensive line has needed upgrading for as long as ive been a falcon fan, yet it hasnt happened. so duh, we need to upgrade it in this draft.

i've only been begging for ol help on this mb for the last 5 offseasons, but i've been wanting upgrades there longer than that.

joey could get us to at least .500 with a great offensive line. he showed today that he can move the ball against a great defense. we have to go offensive line with the first pick. do i think we will? no, but that's why we are the atlanta falcons. they will draft a qb or a rb or some other position without realizing that even a bad running back can run through 10 foot gaps and even a bad quarterback can eventually make one completion with all day to look.

did you guys see the buff/ne game? i was amazed at how much time brady gets in the pocket. we have all seen it for years, but after the bucs game, the contrast really struck me.

the announcers even went as far to mention that brady has a sixth sense that helps him "feel" the pressure that is coming. i laughed. during that play, defenders were closing on brady but it looked like the average falcon offensive play to me....a harrington-like check down three yards down field.

if we do nothing else this offseason, we must invest in the ol.

did you guys see the buff/ne game? i was amazed at how much time brady gets in the pocket. we have all seen it for years, but after the bucs game, the contrast really struck me.

the announcers even went as far to mention that brady has a sixth sense that helps him "feel" the pressure that is coming. i laughed. during that play, defenders were closing on brady but it looked like the average falcon offensive play to me....a harrington-like check down three yards down field.

if we do nothing else this offseason, we must invest in the ol.

i am not disagreeing with you, but when you have the wrs,tes and rbs the pats have not many teams are going to blitz you.

i think you could take pats ol, and give it to the falcons, and they would not look close to what they do now. yes, they are a heck of alot better than what we got, but they just would not look as good as they do with the pats.

let's not lull ourselves into believing that we can win without any quarterbacks. it's obvious neither harrington nor leftwich are any kind of answers. we need a faster, more durable running back, as well, and some receivers that can catch, plus a tight end. sad.gif

agreed. this team needs starting qb(personally i hope they keep joey as a backup and dump leftwhich) and alot of help on the ol(at least one ot, one og, and a c).

agreed. this team needs starting qb(personally i hope they keep joey as a backup and dump leftwhich) and alot of help on the ol(at least one ot, one og, and a c).

lefty is waisted money , i knew it when we got him , bad bad decition, keep harrington as starter untill brohm is ready to go , then keep joey as the 2nd man and i think shockley will be a great liftime 3rd string qb for us . jmo