consider this...

darkness&#33

now, i know this may not be as relevant to them, but on my high school team, we have a guy that is 6-2 270 pounds at left tackle. he does not even start. however, i believe it was because he came in almost midway through the season. the guy in front of him is only about 5-5 160. the larger guy is an absolute beast, and yet the smaller guy got moved up to varsity as a freshman based on his technical ability. the larger linemen, i believe, will be a better linemen by next year, as he is understanding the plays and remembering how to run them.

now, i see lineman a (the larger one) as michael oher, a raw, but manchild lineman.

and lineman b (the smaller one) as sam baker, a more experienced technitician.

today i will find out how he does against superior competition, as he will be playing on the varsity for the first time, and against a d-3 school (were d-5).

btw, our school had one of the greatest turnarounds ever, going from 0-10 last year to going 4-1 in leaue games and a spot in the playoffs. this is also a great example of coaching,as our head coach was on our only national championship team (1966). he has the players on a tight leash, and brought back a tradition known as "ranch dressing" (our school is called the ranch), where his players dress up like professionals. his discipline has obviously been what has brought our team back to the playoffs after a 3 year drought, and i hope we can turn around like this very soon.

sam baker will be a good lt, but he is fairly limited in his potential to be dominant... whereas oher is not only very solid at blocking and protecting, but he is just massive and can impose his will on whoever is in front of him. if we have a choice between the two, i would say oher by a few miles.

regardless, i think we can all agree that we need to get 1 (maybe 2?) dominating ots in this draft and we can probably land one in round 2. this draft is packed with ol talent so if we're ever going to fix our line, this is the year. i'd be happy with baker, oher, long, loadholt, or clady.

regardless, i think we can all agree that we need to get 1 (maybe 2?) dominating ots in this draft and we can probably land one in round 2. this draft is packed with ol talent so if we're ever going to fix our line, this is the year. i'd be happy with baker, oher, long, loadholt, or clady.

3 of those guys may not even come out and the other 2 are out of our range. unsure.gif

ok, add in otah and hills

otah is growing on my list... hills is a big guy as well, but i think many scouts have him projected better to rt.

we need to pick up a lt and rg at the very least this offseason... either through the draft or free agency. i really hope we can get starks.

sam baker will be a good lt, but he is fairly limited in his potential to be dominant... whereas oher is not only very solid at blocking and protecting, but he is just massive and can impose his will on whoever is in front of him. if we have a choice between the two, i would say oher by a few miles.

id have to agree. and sam baker does not exactly fit our system, which is unfortunate to a degree. because he is a good technician and could make a good lt in this league, especially for a team that runs the zbs or doesnt employ a scheme that calls for big, road grading offensive lineman like ours does.

that combined with my opinion on oher = draft him for sure. tongue.gif