falcons 2008 draft picks , bump with all new info so we can keep up with the exact picks and the # we have .

Draftnut57

correct me if i'm wrong or if any new info comes your way , i'm very excited and it is alot of all you guys wanting to get into the draft way way to early , it don't take much to get me started as you already know by now. but i'm gong to write up what i think we have right now and comp picks we may get for players we lost . with all these picks i don't know why we couldn't get a top qb , top ot and a top rb , such as brohm , stewart , and oher rolleyes.gif . let me know if i missed on some picks .

1. should be from 6 to 12 , our regular pick

1. this pick only comes if we trade d hall for one pick , i would take nothing less than a low 1st and he will bring it , might end up 2 picks thou if it happens at all.

2. should be from 38 to 44 , our regular pick

2. from houston for shaub , should end up a 40 to 46

3. should be from 70 to 82 , our regular pick

4. should be from 103 to 115 , our regular pick

4. comp pick for kerney, should end up around 128 to 135

5. should be from 140 to 152 , our regular pick

6. should be from 180 to 192 , our regular pick

6. trade with pitt for rossum , this pick should range around 208 unless we get a 7th rd pick instead , it was a conditional trade .

7. should be from 220 to 232 , our regular pick

7. comp pick for griffith if we get one at all will be in the 250s

7. i really doubt us getting a comp pick for lelie but lets hope for it so as to have the most picks in the 2008 draft !!! wink.gif

i don't know how the compensation system works, but the acquisition of mughelli may impact the compensation for kerney. for that reason, we may only get a 4th for kerney.

i don't think that trading hall would be a wise move. however, i recognize that the trade may already be an unavoidable fate.

i don't know how the compensation system works, but the acquisition of mughelli may impact the compensation for kerney. for that reason, we may only get a 4th for kerney.

i don't think that trading hall would be a wise move. however, i recognize that the trade may already be an unavoidable fate.

yes , i agree , i would love for it to work out but hall may not fit with his attitude , he is one of the best in the game no doubt . sad that when we hit on a great player there is always a catch.

draftnut57, i really doubt that we get compensation for griffith or lelie and

agree with your 4th round assessment for kerney.

the rossum pick is conditional, but a sixth round pick would be awesome. i'm

only counting on a seventh. either way, we secure a player's rights before he

becomes an udfa.

we now need to begin to determine how we get more picks for 2009.

go falcons!!!

correct me if i'm wrong or if any new info comes your way , i'm very excited and it is alot of all you guys wanting to get into the draft way way to early , it don't take much to get me started as you already know by now. but i'm gong to write up what i think we have right now and comp picks we may get for players we lost . with all these picks i don't know why we couldn't get a top qb , top ot and a top rb , such as brohm , stewart , and oher rolleyes.gif . let me know if i missed on some picks .

1. should be from 6 to 12 , our regular pick *our pick could be anywhere from 3 to 12 imo*

1. this pick only comes if we trade d hall for one pick , i would take nothing less than a low 1st and he will bring it , might end up 2 picks thou if it happens at all. *i hope we can keep him*

2. should be from 38 to 44 , our regular pick *dont forget ne lose their other 1st, so 34 to 44*

2. from houston for shaub , should end up a 40 to 46

3. should be from 70 to 82 , our regular pick

4. should be from 103 to 115 , our regular pick

4. comp pick for kerney, should end up around 128 to 135 *agreed*

5. should be from 140 to 152 , our regular pick

6. should be from 180 to 192 , our regular pick

6. trade with pitt for rossum , this pick should range around 208 unless we get a 7th rd pick instead , it was a conditional trade .

7. should be from 220 to 232 , our regular pick

7. comp pick for griffith if we get one at all will be in the 250s *i think mughelli's contract wipes both gri≤ comp picks*

7. i really doubt us getting a comp pick for lelie but lets hope for it so as to have the most picks in the 2008 draft !!! wink.gif

btw draftnut, your early mock (sig) looks pretty good. the problem with playing inexperienced cb's is that you really need a good fs. do you think that jimmy williams will become a good fs?

i think jw can be a good fs if he really wants to , i think it is all up to him , he has the tools. being a vt player he also has to show he can keep his nose clean.

i agree with all the replies so far , i know it will be up in the air untill the draft , and i'm like a lot of you , i think we do eveything we can to keep hall and make it work , plus like i put in the post i have doubts about getting the 2 7th rounders for griffith and lelie , plus the rossum pick probably has a better chance of being a 7th that n a 6th . i just put up all possiblities so we can dicect it. you guys are doing a good job at it. thanks

well the hall trade may end up true , it was reported on espn that wash may give us a first this year and future picks. i didn't hear it my self but it is one tatfs and pure football boards. now if we do get those two 1st round picks we could get brohm and ot micheal oher if he comes out , i'd say he will knowing he could be a first rd pick , ot should i say i hope he comes out.

i think the mughelli acquisition and losing griffith with pretty much negate each other out meaning it will not impact the kerney comp pick but we won't get anything for losing griffith.