rick gosslin article

yeah, but he also has matt ryan in his top 5... blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

has matt ryan been playing some secret games that only nfl scouts are allowed to watch?

no, it's just that nfl scouts have been watching his game, his mechanics, his leadership, and everything else and because of what they see, they grade him high. then there are us amatures who have biases, less keen eyes, much less film to watch, no "in's" open to college practices all around the country, and fewer people who know & see these players daily to talk to that have been putting ryan lower than the other qbs.

no, it's just that nfl scouts have been watching his game, his mechanics, his leadership, and everything else and because of what they see, they grade him high. then there are us amatures who have biases, less keen eyes, much less film to watch, no "in's" open to college practices all around the country, and fewer people who know & see these players daily to talk to that have been putting ryan lower than the other qbs.

i think once his body of work is reviewed, particularly in comparison to the other 2 gys, his rating will settle and he'll grade out to be 3rd best.

any idea how often gosselin updates his draft board?

he doesn't have a draft board per se at this point as i understand it. he talks to nfl personnel guys at different intervals before and during the year. his columns at this point just list the names he is hearing are popular. so, if he talked to people about ryan last month, it would be completely understandable he would be so highly regarded whereas if they did after the last two games, those are nfl personnel guys i wouldn't trust. suck is suck. it's not rocket science.

ryan will be the 1st qb off the board.

he has all the measurables, and is going to looked very good in the scripted show off games at the end of the season.

all the hoopla about poor decisions and leadership will go out the window and he will come out as the #1 qb. because the coach that picks him will be able to "coach him up" on all that "other" stuff.

personally i think that brohm is the safest pick, ryan and woodson have higher ceilings but brohm is safer.

ryan will be the 1st qb off the board.

he has all the measurables, and is going to looked very good in the scripted show off games at the end of the season.

all the hoopla about poor decisions and leadership will go out the window and he will come out as the #1 qb. because the coach that picks him will be able to "coach him up" on all that "other" stuff.

personally i think that brohm is the safest pick, ryan and woodson have higher ceilings but brohm is safer.

mckay has said the single biggest mistake made drafting is drafting a guy because the coaches think they can coach them up.

he doesn't have a draft board per se at this point as i understand it. he talks to nfl personnel guys at different intervals before and during the year. his columns at this point just list the names he is hearing are popular. so, if he talked to people about ryan last month, it would be completely understandable he would be so highly regarded whereas if they did after the last two games, those are nfl personnel guys i wouldn't trust. suck is suck. it's not rocket science.

i think that is gosselin's early draft board, as it's extremely rare that pro personnel folks discuss the draft prospects of underclassmen who have yet to declare for the draft. it's a very dangerous area to tread into, even if done anonymously.