green bay becomes the latest team to plug in an unknown rb and get production

halsey

ryan grant gained 119 yards and scored 1 td in green bay's dominant win today. they join teams like indianpolis and new england in getting production from no name rb's. how do they do it? they have a passing game that spreads defenses out and a line that can open holes. no superstar rb is required when the rest of the pieces are in place.

ryan grant gained 119 yards and scored 1 td in green bay's dominant win today. they join teams like indianpolis and new england in getting production from no name rb's. how do they do it? they have a passing game that spreads defenses out and a line that can open holes. no superstar rb is required when the rest of the pieces are in place.

how do they do it? in green bay's case, they're using denver's cut blocking system for running. in indy and new england's cases, it's called a dominant offensive line to go with that spread offense.

how do they do it? in green bay's case, they're using denver's cut blocking system for running. in indy and new england's cases, it's called a dominant offensive line to go with that spread offense.

guy, youve seriously got to stop posting the obvious. (and please take down the oher part of your sig, that's got to be the fourth person that you've never been so sure of this year)

there ya go.

they have gone to the zbs similar to what we did up until this year. it's a plug n play system for rb's.

far be it from me to bring some facts to this post but isn't green bay last in the league in rushing yards per game? hasn't their running game been the one thing "holding them back" this year? you do realize that our atlanta falcons are averaging more rushing yards per game then the packers right? what green bay did do this past game was run alot of delays, draws, and shuttle passes that took advantage of the vikings over pursuit. hardly anything to do with their "o-line that can open holes".. more to do with good game planning..

far be it from me to bring some facts to this post but isn't green bay last in the league in rushing yards per game? hasn't their running game been the one thing "holding them back" this year? you do realize that our atlanta falcons are averaging more rushing yards per game then the packers right? what green bay did do this past game was run alot of delays, draws, and shuttle passes that took advantage of the vikings over pursuit. hardly anything to do with their "o-line that can open holes".. more to do with good game planning..

yep, green bay's running atack has held them back. they are 8-1 instead of 9-0. in thier one loss they actually ran for 121 yards. if they averaged 121 yards per game they'd be 11th in the nfl in rushing right now. keep bringing "facts". wink.gif

yep, green bay's running atack has held them back. they are 8-1 instead of 9-0. in thier one loss they actually ran for 121 yards. if they averaged 121 yards per game they'd be 11th in the nfl in rushing right now. keep bringing "facts". wink.gif

the facts were meant to show how well you claim the green bay rushing attack is and how they can just plug in anyone and get production... the facts prove that you are wrong

the facts were meant to show how well you claim the green bay rushing attack is

stop. i never said how good the green bay rushing attack is. i simply pointed out that they are the latest team to plug in a no name rb and get production, which supports my argument that the falcons need to worry about building thier o-line and finding a franchise qb before drafting some hyped rb.

stop. i never said how good the green bay rushing attack is. i simply pointed out that they are the latest team to plug in a no name rb and get production, which supports my argument that the falcons need to worry about building thier o-line and finding a franchise qb before drafting some hyped rb.

but you are using 1 game as an example.. if green bay had a great o-line then they wouldn't be last in the league in rushing... my point was that the play calling allowed the vikings to over pursue and the running attack to actually work for them against the vikings... by running draws and delays they were successful not because of their oline

yep, they're 8-1, but i'm using 1 game as an example.

do you even know what your topic is about? "green bay becomes the latest team to plug in an unknown rb and get production"... for 1 game... hardly a headliner... where has their production been every game for the rest of the season? i'm not sayin' im just sayin'...

you guys are trying to make it all about the zone blocking scheme when gree bay is not the only team that's been able to plug in some no name rb. regardless it doesn';t change the point that a passing game that can spread defenses out + good run blocking makes it easy to plug a rb in. it also doesn't change the fact that passing has become more important that running in the modern nfl. all leading back to me point that the falcons have much bigger needs than drafting some glamour rb with a high pick, like so many want.

you guys are trying to make it all about the zone blocking scheme when gree bay is not the only team that's been able to plug in some no name rb. regardless it doesn';t change the point that a passing game that can spread defenses out + good run blocking makes it easy to plug a rb in. it also doesn't change the fact that passing has become more important that running in the modern nfl. all leading back to me point that the falcons have much bigger needs than drafting some glamour rb with a high pick, like so many want.

is there a reason to think the zone blocking isn't the main reason? it worked perfectly in denver, it worked for us when we had decent offensive linemen that fit the scheme, it seemed to be working before with green and at one point gado in 2005, it is a huge reason. and anyone that thinks passing is more important than running needs to pay more attention to how teams win games. the only good team that has given up running is the pats, and they have randy moss. for everyone that does not have randy moss, the running game is vital. as we all want a passing game and a running game, it is best to get a real running back when available and also find a quarterback. as there are no quarterbacks on mcfadden's level, the choice is obvious if mcfadden is available.

is there a reason to think the zone blocking isn't the main reason? it worked perfectly in denver, it worked for us when we had decent offensive linemen that fit the scheme, it seemed to be working before with green and at one point gado in 2005, it is a huge reason. and anyone that thinks passing is more important than running needs to pay more attention to how teams win games. the only good team that has given up running is the pats, and they have randy moss. for everyone that does not have randy moss, the running game is vital. as we all want a passing game and a running game, it is best to get a real running back when available and also find a quarterback. as there are no quarterbacks on mcfadden's level, the choice is obvious if mcfadden is available.

feel free to watch yesterday's green bay vs minnesota game. that game featured a team with a great passing offense vs a team with a great running offense. green bay's offense was far superior. the top 5 offenses in the nfl: new england, indy, green bay, dallas, pittsburgh. 4 of the 5 are better passing offenses than they are running offenses. pittsburgh is the only one of the 5 that is better at running, still has a pretty good passing game.

yep, and you're just the latest guy trying hard to come up with some way to twist what i'm saying because he doesn't like my point: good offenses are built around good qb's and lines, not hyped rb's.

gb hasnt had many good running games this year though. overall they are one of the worst in the entire nfl.

i bet you gb makes a move for a "hyped" rb this offseason.

feel free to watch yesterday's green bay vs minnesota game. that game featured a team with a great passing offense vs a team with a great running offense. green bay's offense was far superior. the top 5 offenses in the nfl: new england, indy, green bay, dallas, pittsburgh. 4 of the 5 are better passing offenses than they are running offenses. pittsburgh is the only one of the 5 that is better at running, still has a pretty good passing game.

4 of those teams have good running backs as well, which you fail to mention (maroney, addai, barber, parker). i'd take any of those guys in a heart beat.

gb hasnt had many good running games this year though. overall they are one of the worst in the entire nfl.

i bet you gb makes a move for a "hyped" rb this offseason.

ok, so they haven't had many good running games as they've gone 8-1. if they go for a big name rb, at least they're doing it with most of the other pieces in place. they've got a franchise qb, a good overall passing game, a good line and a good defense. they aren't adding a big name back to a team with more important holes.

4 of those teams have good running backs as well, which you fail to mention (maroney, addai, barber, parker). i'd take any of those guys in a heart beat.

none of those guys were taken with a top 10 draft pick by a team with as many holes as the falcons do. also, those guys might not look so good on a different team. if they were dfacing stacked boxes like the falcons face, because they can't spread the field or block particularly well, they probably wouldn't be as productive. just look at how indy and ne had productive running games when maroney and addai were hurt.

none of those guys were taken with a top 10 draft pick by a team with as many holes as the falcons do. also, those guys might not look so good on a different team. if they were dfacing stacked boxes like the falcons face, because they can't spread the field or block particularly well, they probably wouldn't be as productive. just look at how indy and ne had productive running games when maroney and addai were hurt.

the only guy that might suffer is parker, because he gets great protection in pit. the other 3 are bona fide studs. i notice you say we have a lot of holes on this team. do you honestly ######ing expect them to be filled in 1 year? peterson and mcfadden are the best two backs to come out in probably 5-6 years (maybe even more), and if you have the chance to get one, take him. this team won't be fixed in a day, and with the addition of a potentially great back in mcfadden, you become great in one area. teams have holes, but the difference between top tier organizations, and us, is that they make 3-4 areas on their team great, while the others not so much. if you want an example, look at the patriots and colts. indy has bad dts, and the pats' linebackers are getting pretty long in the tooth (and they didn't fix their wr corp till this year).