mock draft v.5.5

Kayoh

atl picks 7th

houston picks 14th

cleveland picks 19th

dallas picks 28th

atlanta trades 7th overall to dallas for 19th and 28th overall (very legit trade. 7 = 1500, 19 = 850, 28 = 660)

round 1, pick 19: atlanta selects michael oher, lt, ole miss (6'5" 325 lbs)

round 1, pick 28: atlanta selects jonathan stewart, rb, oregon (5'11" 230 lbs)

round 2, pick 7: atlanta selects beau bell, mlb, unlv (6'2" 248 lbs)

round 2, pick 14: atlanta selects chris williams, rt, vanderbilt (6'5" 315 lbs)

round 3, pick 7: atlanta selects josh johnson, qb, san diego (6'3" 198 lbs)

round 3, pick 33: atlanta selects john greco, ot, toledo (6'5" 320 lbs) (convert to rg)

round 4, pick 7: atlanta selects jonathan luigs, c, arkansas (6'4", 305 lbs)

round 5, pick 7: atlanta selects benjarvus green-ellis, rb, ole miss (5'11" 225 lbs)

round 6, pick 7: atlanta selects art camody, k, louisville (5'9" 168 lbs)

round 6, pick 33: atlanta selects jordan dizon, olb, colorado (6'0" 226 lbs)

round 7, pick 7: atlanta selects james mcclinton, dt, kansas (6'0", 289 lbs)

okay, so what i've done here is completely revamp the offense and given the defense some help and depth where it needs it. i drafted a lineman at every position except for lg in the first 4 rounds, along with a qb, rb, and a very gritty mlb. then, i had us draft a second power back who gets along well with our new franchise left tackle(oher), a kicker with a leg(made 51 yarder this year), a ridiculously productive olb, and a solid under tackle. we have a brand new offensive line that will take about 4 games(hopefully all preseason) to gel, and check this out:

current average of our offensive line: 6'3 1/2" 302 lbs

new average of our young offensive line: 6'5" 320 lbs

that looks like something that bobby would love. oh, and both of our new rbs are about the same size as shaun alexander and ladainian tomlinson. i think that this draft would set us up with the perfect pieces to our puzzles on offense, defense, and special teams for years to come.

that would be a sweet draft man, nice job.

but why does dallas trade up to #7? thats just my one question. in my last mock mcfadden lasted to 6, so its possible, but im just asking for clarification there.

im going to wait for the standings to come out officially, then ill make mine. good job though. smile.gif

mcfadden. the bottom 6 teams have much bigger needs than rb, and mcfadden's style of play(relying on speed way too much) makes him a reggie bush-esque prospect, and now that people know that, he won't have near as much hype going into draft day, so he'll fall out of the top 5.

mcfadden. the bottom 6 teams have much bigger needs than rb, and mcfadden's style of play(relying on speed way too much) makes him a reggie bush-esque prospect, and now that people know that, he won't have near as much hype going into draft day, so he'll fall out of the top 5.

bold. vikings didn't need a running back coming into april's draft and, oh, wow, look who popped out.

if given the opportunity...

miami might.

st. louis most likely won't.

jets will.

patriots might.

atlanta will most likely.

makes sense to me. that was the only question i had. wink.gif

and libid, i probably have just as many. its just fun to do man. its wonderful that were winning, but its still fun to do mock drafts, i dont do it for props, i do it because i enjoy it. and im sure wta feels the same way. smile.gif

makes sense to me. that was the only question i had. wink.gif

and libid, i probably have just as many. its just fun to do man. its wonderful that were winning, but its still fun to do mock drafts, i dont do it for props, i do it because i enjoy it. and im sure wta feels the same way. smile.gif

r u gay or do u just act like it

bold. vikings didn't need a running back coming into april's draft and, oh, wow, look who popped out.

mmm i might disagree with that. i thought they would draft ap, and thats who i had them taking in my mock. i was right, and the reason they needed another rb was because chester taylor had tons of carries last year. over 300 i believe. he was going to wear down very quickly unless they got a guy to split the carries with, and they did that with ap. and with those split carries he got 1000 yards in 8 games. laugh.gif

mmm i might disagree with that. i thought they would draft ap, and thats who i had them taking in my mock. i was right, and the reason they needed another rb was because chester taylor had tons of carries last year. over 300 i believe. he was going to wear down very quickly unless they got a guy to split the carries with, and they did that with ap. and with those split carries he got 1000 yards in 8 games. laugh.gif

then in that case, all the teams that don't run a two-back system will most likely draft darren mcfadden if given the opportunity to.

r u gay or do u just act like it

that was mature of you.

honestly, i think you are one of the bigger jerks on this board. forgive me for showing some compassion to one of the people you decided to start harassing. rolleyes.gif

then in that case, all the teams that don't run a two-back system will most likely draft darren mcfadden if given the opportunity to.

thats certainly possible, but the rams have jackson/brian leonard, the dolphins have ronnie/chatman, the jets could use mcfadden, the pats wont take him with maroney/faulk, the raiders have jordan/fargas/rhodes, the bengals have rudi/kenny something...

i mean its possible he could get drafted much higher than 7, but its not impossible that he falls that far either.

that was mature of you.

honestly, i think you are one of the bigger jerks on this board. forgive me for showing some compassion to one of the people you decided to start harassing. rolleyes.gif

thats certainly possible, but the rams have jackson/brian leonard, the dolphins have ronnie/chatman, the jets could use mcfadden, the pats wont take him with maroney/faulk, the raiders have jordan/fargas/rhodes, the bengals have rudi/kenny something...

i mean its possible he could get drafted much higher than 7, but its not impossible that he falls that far either.

laugh.gif i appreciate the kind words, and i really would like to thank you for actually putting me in your sig. is it possible for me to stay on that sig permanently? harassing? since when are you the superman and hero of these topics? i can not take you seriously if you still have mikevick in your username. sorry, but try asking the mods for a name change.

anyways, to the point at hand, new england will not settle with faulk and maroney. faulk can't run for jack ######, and maroney's always injured. besides that they have another rb, forgot his name, morris i think. but him nor faulk are the long term answers to a team struggling in keeping up with a consistent running game. but ofcourse, with new england, who needs a rush when you've got an indomitable pass?

atl picks 7th

houston picks 14th

cleveland picks 19th

dallas picks 28th

atlanta trades 7th overall to dallas for 19th and 28th overall (very legit trade. 7 = 1500, 19 = 850, 28 = 660)

round 3, pick 33: atlanta selects john greco, ot, toledo (6'5" 320 lbs) (convert to rg)

round 5, pick 7: atlanta selects benjarvus green-ellis, rb, ole miss (5'11" 225 lbs)

okay, so what i've done here is completely revamp the offense and given the defense some help and depth where it needs it. i drafted a lineman at every position except for lg in the first 4 rounds, along with a qb, rb, and a very gritty mlb. then, i had us draft a second power back who gets along well with our new franchise left tackle(oher), a kicker with a leg(made 51 yarder this year), a ridiculously productive olb, and a solid under tackle. we have a brand new offensive line that will take about 4 games(hopefully all preseason) to gel, and check this out:

that looks like something that bobby would love. oh, and both of our new rbs are about the same size as shaun alexander and ladainian tomlinson. i think that this draft would set us up with the perfect pieces to our puzzles on offense, defense, and special teams for years to come.

i don't see a 5'10, 230 pound runningback who is strong as an ox and runs a 4.3/4.4 go that low. more like top 10.

beau bell? what? over jonathan goff, vince hall, j leman, and juniors james laurinitis and rey m if they come out? maybe, because i don't know much about him but it's just not a name i have heard much.

i doubt josh johnson gos day 1 in a draft featuring brian brohm, andre woodson, matt ryan, erik ainge, chad henne, colt brennan, and even sam keller.

ditto with grecko.

i don't think luigs warrents that selection.

ellis i like a lot.

comody has a weak leg, so i don't like him too much.

dizon i like.

i think we would go bigger at dt.

overall, i think you took your 2nd-4th round picks too high, although the individual players aren't too bad if taken later in the draft. i don't think stewart will be there that late either.

atl picks 7th

houston picks 14th

cleveland picks 19th

dallas picks 28th

i highly doubt stewart will last til the end of r1, even though the rankings say he will...

the dt you have is much too small. i think we will be in the market for a big nt, not an ut. we have coleman, babs

and lewis already, unless the coaches want to keep playing lewis at the nt position...

i dont know much about bell, he could be a nice pick up though. johnson is about 2 rounds to early for my liking too...

the biggest gripe i have with this mock is; there is not enough defense in it... we wont fix the ol in one draft, and i

feel like this draft is semi designed to do just that. i think we are only a few key players away from a top flight defense,

and we should be addressing it, as well as the ol... to be totally honest, i dont think qb is that bigger need in this draft.

i know the general consensus on this board is that qb is a need, but im just not sold on the idea...

i've seen stewart as low as the second round already. bell is the 4th ranked ilb behind only laurinitis, connor, and wheeler. i had us picking up an under tackle because lewis can hold down the nt position, as we've all seen. rod isn't going to last forever, and babs isn't exactly brett favre when it comes to lack of injuries. we just need some quality depth at ut. oh, and johnson is ranked #63 on the site that i used for rankings.

welcome to atlanta, this is a serious question, and i don't know if any scouts have ever thought of this. i'm sure you already know of michael oher's story and how he turned from a, sorry to say the truth, a nitwit of a person into a decent person who can at least learn from visuals. don't you think that will slow him down in the nfl? in ole miss, it feels like home for him. his sister is a cheerleader, his high school coach is one of the assistant coaches, he has a house built by the tuohys down the road. in the nfl, it's x's and o's, and your sister isn't in the sidelines leading the cheers for you, and you're on your own in there. this just crossed my mind as i just finished reading lewis's book on oher, and i don't think he can just pass on just brute strength and raw talent in the nfl.

what're your thoughts? i mean, to be honest with you, i really do believe oher will not declare after his junior year. sure, there's a shot at it, but when i look at oher and the situation he's in right now, it seems like he's in a comfortable stage in life at college, and from what he's been through, i can see how he can stay in college as long as he wants.

however, how long do you think his transition will be? the transition oher made from high school to college was amazing considering he had only played 15 games in high school and had already been playing right guard for ole miss as a freshman, and by the last game of his freshman year, he was already playing left tackle. however, like i said, in the nfl, one can't make it through with just raw talent alone. every one has talent. and i'm sure you know that considering what you've been saying about darren mcfadden and how he can't just rely on his speed alone in the nfl. anwyays, i think oher will have a slow transition in the nfl. that's just my opinion, and i really hate to be the odd one here... i'm sure he will be a great left tackle down the line though. i'll give him a year, and knowing how fast he can get a grasp of an offensive line's system, he might be a pro bowler the year he starts all 16 games.

if mcfadden falls to 7 (he wont) atl would not trade the pick. i bet anything on it.

and you cant compare him to peterson as far as slipping on drfat day. peterson only fell because of injury concerns. had he not had those concerns, he would have went top 3.

welcome to atlanta, this is a serious question, and i don't know if any scouts have ever thought of this. i'm sure you already know of michael oher's story and how he turned from a, sorry to say the truth, a nitwit of a person into a decent person who can at least learn from visuals. don't you think that will slow him down in the nfl? in ole miss, it feels like home for him. his sister is a cheerleader, his high school coach is one of the assistant coaches, he has a house built by the tuohys down the road. in the nfl, it's x's and o's, and your sister isn't in the sidelines leading the cheers for you, and you're on your own in there. this just crossed my mind as i just finished reading lewis's book on oher, and i don't think he can just pass on just brute strength and raw talent in the nfl.

what're your thoughts? i mean, to be honest with you, i really do believe oher will not declare after his junior year. sure, there's a shot at it, but when i look at oher and the situation he's in right now, it seems like he's in a comfortable stage in life at college, and from what he's been through, i can see how he can stay in college as long as he wants.

however, how long do you think his transition will be? the transition oher made from high school to college was amazing considering he had only played 15 games in high school and had already been playing right guard for ole miss as a freshman, and by the last game of his freshman year, he was already playing left tackle. however, like i said, in the nfl, one can't make it through with just raw talent alone. every one has talent. and i'm sure you know that considering what you've been saying about darren mcfadden and how he can't just rely on his speed alone in the nfl. anwyays, i think oher will have a slow transition in the nfl. that's just my opinion, and i really hate to be the odd one here... i'm sure he will be a great left tackle down the line though. i'll give him a year, and knowing how fast he can get a grasp of an offensive line's system, he might be a pro bowler the year he starts all 16 games.

i think that he's grown up since then. i wouldn't go as far as a nitwit of a person to describe oher, but he had a very unfortunate childhood until big tony came into play, and then the tuohys. and just to clarify, i think that his raw talent will absolutely help him in the nfl. his physical abilities match that of, as bartkowski and i have been saying, orlando pace. to be quite honest with you, if it means getting michael to play to his full potential, i think that arthur blank should buy the tuohys a house near georgia out of his own pocket. ****, if it means getting michael to play to his full potential, go ahead and get collins onto the cheerleading squad. he is just that good. have you seen an ole miss game this year? on running plays, his man is never even in the scenario, and in passing plays, he generally lets his man push him a little bit and then stops them in their tracks about 4 feet before they reach the qb. that line has given up quite a few sacks, but none were by michael's defender. none.

i dont see him falling past nyj myself. if he falls that far.

michael turner, jamal lewis, fred taylor, vernand morency, chris brown, and julius jones are all free agents at the end of this season. new york would be ******** not to take at least one of them.

michael turner, jamal lewis, fred taylor, vernand morency, chris brown, and julius jones are all free agents at the end of this season. new york would be ******** not to take at least one of them.

and none of them are close to as good as dmc.

turner is a unknown still, and sd wont let him go for free. they will tag him.

lewis is a has been, and thats from a browns fan.

taylor is hurt too much, and getting older.

jones, morency and brown are average at best.

laugh.gif i appreciate the kind words, and i really would like to thank you for actually putting me in your sig. is it possible for me to stay on that sig permanently? harassing? since when are you the superman and hero of these topics? i can not take you seriously if you still have mikevick in your username. sorry, but try asking the mods for a name change.

anyways, to the point at hand, new england will not settle with faulk and maroney. faulk can't run for jack ######, and maroney's always injured. besides that they have another rb, forgot his name, morris i think. but him nor faulk are the long term answers to a team struggling in keeping up with a consistent running game. but ofcourse, with new england, who needs a rush when you've got an indomitable pass?

possible but not likely.

didnt know i was the superman of these topics, but id rather talk about the draft and hold an intellectual conversation than stoop to the 8th grade level of "r u gay or do u just act like it".

i dont care if you dont like my username, i dont even like it. but ive had it since i joined and i havent decided on a name change. i didnt realize it was such a personal issue for you, but i wont lose any sleep if you "cant take me seriously", because honestly, i dont care what you think. and its become obvious you dont care too much about what other people think either, and you would rather tell them what to think and argue with them until they tire of talking to you

faulk is an excellent pass blocker for a rb, has lots of experience and maroney is in what, his 2nd year? the patriots management is not a group that abandons players easily, and they wont do the same with maroney. ****, they have hardly needed a running game this year anyways. sammy morris is the rbs name, from miami. i think they would be much more likely to get lauranaitis (reach or not) and try to add some more speed and youth to the defense, especially at ilb (bruschi is getting old). thats jmo. if they got mcfadden the only chance the rest of the league would have is if goodell made them play their backup qb for the 2nd half, and benched brady. even then, it would be hard to stop maroney and mcfadden. how lucky are they to get another pick this high? i hope san fran wins out... ill be rooting for them tonight against the seahawks for **** sure.

i thought the jets would take mcfadden for sure, but they could really use a de like chris long, and i think they might pick him and not worry about de for years, hes the best de prospect in the draft by far imo, and the jets need one badly.

and none of them are close to as good as dmc.

turner is a unknown still, and sd wont let him go for free. they will tag him.

lewis is a has been, and thats from a browns fan.

taylor is hurt too much, and getting older.

jones, morency and brown are average at best.

i wouldnt mind adding chris brown actually. hes a hard runner, thats what we need, at least if it was for a reasonable price.

but youre right, they arent on the same level as dmc, but im not sure hes what we need either.

i think that he's grown up since then. i wouldn't go as far as a nitwit of a person to describe oher, but he had a very unfortunate childhood until big tony came into play, and then the tuohys. and just to clarify, i think that his raw talent will absolutely help him in the nfl. his physical abilities match that of, as bartkowski and i have been saying, orlando pace. to be quite honest with you, if it means getting michael to play to his full potential, i think that arthur blank should buy the tuohys a house near georgia out of his own pocket. ****, if it means getting michael to play to his full potential, go ahead and get collins onto the cheerleading squad. he is just that good. have you seen an ole miss game this year? on running plays, his man is never even in the scenario, and in passing plays, he generally lets his man push him a little bit and then stops them in their tracks about 4 feet before they reach the qb. that line has given up quite a few sacks, but none were by michael's defender. none.

i wouldn't mind collins being a cheerleader on our squad. tongue.gifbiggrin.gif