2008 draft junior scoreboard ,gbn , 11-09-07

Draftnut57

2008 draft junior scoreboard

(ed note: the following list includes underclassmen thought to be thinking about entering the 2008 draft draft. underclassmen have until january 15th to file paperwork with the nfl in order to qualify for entry in this year's draft.)

november 9, 2007

pos

player

school

projected

rnd

status

rb

darren mcfadden arkansas top 10

leaning

rb rashard mendenhall illinois top 10

rb steve slaton west virginia mid-to-late 1st

rb

felix jones

arkansas

late 1st

rb

ray rice

rutgers

late 1st

rb

ian johnson boise state rd 1-2

rb

jonathan stewart

oregon state

2nd

rb

kevin smith

central florida

2-3

rb

jamaal charles

texas

2-3

wr

desean jackson california mid-to-late first

wr malcolm kelly oklahoma

mid-to-late first

wr

james hardy indiana mid-to-late first

wr

earl bennett vanderbilt

late first-early second

wr

mario manningham

michigan

late first-early second

wr

greg carr florida state

late 1st-early second

wr jaison williams

oregon

2-3

wr

davonne bess

hawaii

3-4

te martellus bennett texas a&m 2-3

te chase coffman missouri 2-3

te

travis beckum

wisconsin

2-3

te

shawn nelson southern mississippi 3-4

ot ryan clady boise state top 15-20

ot

michael oher

mississippi

mid-to-late 1st

ot phil loadholt oklahoma mid-to-late first

ot

alex boone

ohio state late first

og duke robinson oklahoma late first

de derrick harvey florida top 15

de calais campbell miami top 15-20

de vernon gholston ohio state mid-to-late 1st

de

tyson jackson lsu late first

de

george selvie

south florida

late first

lb james laurinaitis ohio state

late first-early second

lb rey maualuga southern california 2-3 staying

lb

sean lee penn state late first staying

lb brian cushing southern california 2nd staying

lb erin henderson maryland 2-3

cb malcolm jenkins ohio state top 10-15

cb justin king penn state late first-early 2nd

cb aqib talib kansas

2-3

cb brandon flowers virginia tech 2-3

fs

kenny phillips miami top 10-15

fs

reggie smith

oklahoma

late first-early second

fs courtney greene rutgers 2nd

ss reshard langford vanderbilt 2nd

p chris miller

ball state 3-4

pk ryan succop south carolina 3-4

i agree about oher bartkowski, and dont get me wrong, i would love nothing more than to get jonathan stewart in the 2nd round. i just dont think he will be there. he might be a late 1st-early 2nd round right now, but if he plays well in a bowl game and has a good combine (like everyone thinks he will) then i have no doubt he will be top 15-20.

jmo.

i agree about oher bartkowski, and dont get me wrong, i would love nothing more than to get jonathan stewart in the 2nd round. i just dont think he will be there. he might be a late 1st-early 2nd round right now, but if he plays well in a bowl game and has a good combine (like everyone thinks he will) then i have no doubt he will be top 15-20.

jmo.

well , look at where hunt went last year , was it 3rd i think , and stewart is the same type back but better i know but with all the rbs they have ahead of him i think we might can get him with our first 2nd rounder , i felt the same way with blalock last year , if i'd a been a bettin man , i would have put every thing i had on it that he would not of fell to us ! same for houston and the whole draft staff thought the same thing i did , because thy tried to trade up 3 or 4 picks to make sure they got houston but nobody would trade and we still got them both , and i do think that last years 2nd round will go down as the best round we ever had in a draft with those two picks , boy i loved that round .

steward is the only player as of today that i know for sure i want in this coming draft . he was made for what we need as a power runner.

well , look at where hunt went last year , was it 3rd i think , and stewart is the same type back but better i know but with all the rbs they have ahead of him i think we might can get him with our first 2nd rounder , i felt the same way with blalock last year , if i'd a been a bettin man , i would have put every thing i had on it that he would not of fell to us ! same for houston and the whole draft staff thought the same thing i did , because thy tried to trade up 3 or 4 picks to make sure they got houston but nobody would trade and we still got them both , and i do think that last years 2nd round will go down as the best round we ever had in a draft with those two picks , boy i loved that round .

steward is the only player as of today that i know for sure i want in this coming draft . he was made for what we need as a power runner.

actually, if you remember, we did trade up for houston. we gave up one of our 4th round draft picks to do it. i also remember them saying that they wanted to trade up for blalock, but no one would and we got lucky that he fell to us. if jamaal comes around, our 1st day will be the best in falcon history. at the very least, we have 4 starters on the first day of one draft. throw in nicholas and lewis (for now) from the second day, and we have 6 starters with potential from one draft. that's great.

thats a good point, and i for sure want him to fall that far. just hard to say he will when he has played so well.

you wouldnt hear a speck of complaining if we got him with our first 2nd round pick though draftnut, you might hear cheering and see me pulling my hair out (in excitement?) though. laugh.giflaugh.gif

no darren mcfadden?

well, if it were an all jr draft, we wouldnt be picking #1. i just dont know if we have a shot at him. not to mention my main reason not taking him was that all the jrs are rated as first round grades. i was going to put him @ 1 and boone @ 2, but changed it.

i think you need to look rb cory boyd from sc. this guy you can get in the 3rd, and is made for this offense!!

actually, if you remember, we did trade up for houston. we gave up one of our 4th round draft picks to do it. i also remember them saying that they wanted to trade up for blalock, but no one would and we got lucky that he fell to us. if jamaal comes around, our 1st day will be the best in falcon history. at the very least, we have 4 starters on the first day of one draft. throw in nicholas and lewis (for now) from the second day, and we have 6 starters with potential from one draft. that's great.

i kinda wished we picked up antwan barnes (fiu) instead of stephen nicholas and i want the safety buffalo drafted in the 6th instead of daren stone too...