pocket passer or scrambler

falcos

dennis dixon and pat white are two different qbs. pat white may or may not be able to pass, he just doesn't do it very much... and with his athleticism, speed, and height i can definitely see him converting to a different position. dixon, on the other hand, passes a lot more frequently than white... but he has the speed and athleticism to run all over the place as well.

personally, i think we need to build this team on a mobile pocket passer. that's not to say i want someone who can or will run it constantly; but someone who can stand in the pocket, escape pressure, and deliver the ball or make something out of nothing with his feet (including buying time to set up plays downfield).

this being said, i want brohm or dixon. i'd be happy with woodson, but i want brohm or dixon. smile.gif

i really wonder what kind of impact dixon would have in that regard. people bought tickets to see vick... and while dixon can do similar things (less of a runner, more of a passer though), he isn't likely to take the field for another year at least if we draft him.

but he would bring back a lot of fans because of his play making skills

i really wonder what kind of impact dixon would have in that regard. people bought tickets to see vick... and while dixon can do similar things (less of a runner, more of a passer though), he isn't likely to take the field for another year at least if we draft him.

i think this will be the case if we draft any qb...

i dont think it will benefit anyone, to rush a qb in behind the ol we have...

yeah, i think the qb we draft will sit anyways... but brohm is by no means a 'meal ticket' type of player until he starts raking up wins. there was hype for vick before he even set foot in atlanta... that's what i'm talking about. dixon has somewhat similar abilities, though he is more of a passer than vick ever was.

i'm just curious what the reaction would be in the fanbase to draft another high mobility guy like that...

sad to say this is not the truth

andre woodson or dennis dixon would be accepted way quicker than brian brohm or matt ryan

a qb like dixon will always be a bigger draw than a brohm, ryan slowpoke type of pocket qb

the cool thing about dixon though is he can be electrifying but its just a disguise because he really is a boring pocket qb at heart.

yeah, i think the qb we draft will sit anyways... but brohm is by no means a 'meal ticket' type of player until he starts raking up wins. there was hype for vick before he even set foot in atlanta... that's what i'm talking about. dixon has somewhat similar abilities, though he is more of a passer than vick ever was.

i'm just curious what the reaction would be in the fanbase to draft another high mobility guy like that...

#1 we wont draft him just because some people might compare him to vick

i truly think the front office wants to go as far away from a mobile, black qb as possible right now

the hype if we drafted dixon would be major

and im telling you some people would say dixon could be what vick couldnt in the passing game.

which qb should we take? dennis dixon//patrick white style qb that can get away from pressure? brain brohm//andre woodson style qb that can drop back and make the acurate throw? which one would you choose?

dixon is a pocket qb, truly nothing like vick. he just has the ability to run & make plays with his legs if he has to.

#1 we wont draft him just because some people might compare him to vick

i truly think the front office wants to go as far away from a mobile, black qb as possible right now

the hype if we drafted dixon would be major

and im telling you some people would say dixon could be what vick couldnt in the passing game.

i don't mean to even suggest that they would think of drafting dixon because he is somewhat comparable to vick. i'm just talking about the fanbase... mckay and petrino will take the guy they think gives this team the best outlook on the future, but i think the fans would initially be much more excited about dixon than brohm... i think brohm would be a better long-term pick, but dixon would probably get some tickets sold before he even makes his first start of the regular season.

with his athletic ability that might be a plus actually. everyone was waiting for vick to develop as a passer to be the single greatest threat in nfl history, but it never happened. getting a passer at qb that can make a lot of plays with his feet might be just what the fans want at this point.

like you, i want brohm #1 right now, i like woodson too, but i like brohm a bit more after researching them more and more. but ive liked dixon for a while also.

with his athletic ability that might be a plus actually. everyone was waiting for vick to develop as a passer to be the single greatest threat in nfl history, but it never happened. getting a passer at qb that can make a lot of plays with his feet might be just what the fans want at this point.

like you, i want brohm #1 right now, i like woodson too, but i like brohm a bit more after researching them more and more. but ive liked dixon for a while also.

well for a while i really haven't been sure which qbs i was set on... but i've come to the conclusion that brohm and dixon are the only guys we should give priority to. i could live with woodson, but in my opinion brohm or dixon would be money in our offense.

if we can't get one of those two guys then i don't even want a qb in this draft, to be honest.

well for a while i really haven't been sure which qbs i was set on... but i've come to the conclusion that brohm and dixon are the only guys we should give priority to. i could live with woodson, but in my opinion brohm or dixon would be money in our offense.

if we can't get one of those two guys then i don't even want a qb in this draft, to be honest.

gotta agree except im partial to woodson in place of brohm

gotta agree except im partial to woodson in place of brohm

sorry, i meant one of those three... but i think brohm and dixon are a better look just on their proficiency in the type of offense the falcons are trying to run. if either of them are products of their system, then this is the perfect team for them.

which qb should we take? dennis dixon//patrick white style qb that can get away from pressure? brain brohm//andre woodson style qb that can drop back and make the acurate throw? which one would you choose?

whoever is the bpa

if it's dennis dixon or if it's erik ainge.

petrino has a system where both could succeed.

i know yall gone pro'ly be like "whatever" but josh johnson has mobility second to only dixon himself and just as much accuracy as brohm..........plus u'll probably be able to get 'em in the 3rd....that's quite a deal there

we really aren't the ones you need to convince. i don't think the falcons fo would be motivated one bit to gamble on a i-aa qb at this point.... even if his last name was manning and his dad's name was archie.