is it me or could the falcons now trade the draft pick up into the teens and still get brian brohm now

atljbo

im 90% sure that brian brohm will slide in the draft like brady quinn did...not only is his season is turning out like brady quinns did...but alot of people are saying he is a system qb ....i cant lie,...i dont want brohm if we have a top 10 pick because better qbs will be available but if we can trade up some..in the early teens i would want him......we should have another get draft with 10 picks....3 on the first day...1 round,2 round,2 round,3 round,4 round,(comp for pk)4 round,5 round,6th round,(the rossum trade)6th round,7 round

im 90% sure that brian brohm will slide in the draft like brady quinn did...not only is his season is turning out like brady quinns did...but alot of people are saying he is a system qb ....i cant lie,...i dont want brohm if we have a top 10 pick because better qbs will be avalible but if we can trade up some..in the early teens i would want him......we should have another get draft with 10 picks....3 on the first day...1 round,2 round,2 round,3 round,4 round,(comp for pk)4 round,5 round,6th round,(the rossum trade)6th round,7 round

you're assuming a qb in the first round. i'd prefer a lineman.

im 90% sure that brian brohm will slide in the draft like brady quinn did...not only is his season is turning out like brady quinns did...but alot of people are saying he is a system qb ....i cant lie,...i dont want brohm if we have a top 10 pick because better qbs will be available but if we can trade up some..in the early teens i would want him......we should have another get draft with 10 picks....3 on the first day...1 round,2 round,2 round,3 round,4 round,(comp for pk)4 round,5 round,6th round,(the rossum trade)6th round,7 round

brohm's price has dropped some, but teens? i don't think so.

brohm is a big time qb talent, louisville has no defense and brohm had been reaching to try to make up for the team's bad d.

michaelgee unsure.gif

id prefer mcfadden, then olineman..

mcfadden-having a stud rb will free up dunn and jerious, then norwood can break away while they watch mcfad.

best qb available, do the vikings even have a qb? with ap at rb, the qb could be joey.

1 stud mlb

the rest all o & d linemen

we can trade around for the rest of what we need.

i would like to see dhall get on board with this team and become a strong team player.

michaelgee smile.gif

we won't be in any position to get mcfadden. there's at least 4-5 teams worse than us with harder schedules.

what olinemen would you want in the 1st at 5-10? i can think of one. just one. with the talent at ot that will be there in the 2nd, it wouldn't make any sense to take an ot who's only marginally better than the 2nd round guys over the best qb in the draft.

bingo, this class is loaded at the ot tackle position. i wouldn't mind tony hills in the 2nd, also should michael oher declare i have a gut feeling that he may drop into our laps with our first 2nd rounder.

i wasn't all that big on brohm in the begining but the more and more i think about it, the more likely it seems that we do pick him. it is probably the best move we could make considering where we will be drafting.

anything is possible. brohm is a fine qb, but so are many others in this draft, and odds are that we'll get one of them with one of our first picks along with some ol help.

ol help first or a qb first? we can argue that question forever, but we will always agree to disagree.

how about we get both, otherwise we're continuing to debate the same question: "which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

not likely, considering that (as of now) there are 3 teams that would pick ahead of us that need qb's (dolphins, jets, 49ers). if the falcons slide into the teens, then they could be potentially be competing against the three previous mentioned teams in addition to the bears and chiefs for a 1st round qb.

forget a qb in the 1st round, go for offensive line.

they problem with your logic is that teams need to have a need for a qb (see quinn's slip from last year). they are also quite a few talented qbs coming out next year (may still be talent in the 3rd). there are not, however, many talented linemen (our biggest need). though i love your optimism, i don't think we'll have to trade up to get a low pick (especially in the teens like you suggest)

much like quinn, brohm's stock has dropped. not b/c he is having a bad season. louisville is not winning and others have had a chance to move ahead of him. ryan and woodson will likely go ahead of him. i say move down. i think you could still get him in the teens. minnesota, baltimore, and tampa would be team i see taking qb's. tampa may make the playoffs while minnesota may pick in the top 10 or 12. baltimore is the only other team i could see grabbing a qb before the lions which look like a playoff team.

i agree with mcfadden and o-lineman...but i think we can get a good o-lineman in the 2nd round...and i want mcfadden.....but our qb right now is terrible....joey is not goint to cut it...so unless we try to get jp j.p losman as a freeagent(i would like that)...and i like mcfadden...but ill rather get a michael turner with a 5 year contract for like 35 mill...then a mcfadden for a 5 year 44 mil contract(gaines adams the 4th overall pick contact was 6 years 46 mil) ...its alot we can do this off season to make this team better

the dolphins drafted beck in the 2nd round last year and haven't seen him play yet

the jets have kellen clemens they took last year that they're high on and has taken over for pennington

the 49ers have alex smith, and while he hasn't looked great, he was a 1st round pick in '05 and it would be crazy to give up on him so soon

let's not forget that the patriots own that pick, and i don't think they have any problems with a qb right now. laugh.gif

brohm's price has dropped some, but teens? i don't think so.

brohm is a big time qb talent, louisville has no defense and brohm had been reaching to try to make up for the team's bad d.

michaelgee unsure.gif

kentucky's and tennessee's defense gives up more points per game than louisville. can woodson and ainge use the same excuse when they don't perform?

if any team takes ryan before woodson and brohm are off the board (and possibly dennis dixon) then we should all point and laugh at them for their foolishness.

why would it be foolish to take a guy, in woodson, who's had just as a successful, if not more successful career than brohm (against better competition), and a guy who's having a better season against better competition in dixon.

mind you, both these guys have more physical talent and upside than brohm and neither has missed a game due to injury.

i think that there will be no qb taken in the top 5 and probably only 1 qb taken in the top 10. there are only a few teams that need a qb. also this is a deep draft for qbs, and yet none of the prospects has done much to separate himself from the pack to make scouts think that any of them are a "can't miss" pick that is worthy of risking a top 10 pick.

if i'm a gm and i need a qb, i'm thinking that i could use my top 10 pick on a qb like ryan, brohm or woodson, but if i don't draft a qb with my top 10 pick, one of those 3 guys will probably be there at the bottom of the first for me to trade back up and grab him, or maybe just wait until the 2nd round and draft booty, henne or brennan. if i have a ton of other needs, i might even wait until round 3 and draft dixon.

which teams could possibly be thinking about a qb in round 1?

ravens

bears

falcons

any others? some might think jets but i think clemens will get the shot at starter next year. panthers might but i think they'll give delhomme another year. bears might even decide to go for a veteran in fa instead of waiting for a qb to develop, since they are only 1 year removed from playing in the sb. miami drafted john beck in rd 2 last year and the bills have started trent edwards with some success who was a 3rd round pick last year. jaguars, i don't follow them so i don't have any clue how they feel about garrard as the starter. he hasn't been very durable but he's played well when he's started. chiefs have brodie croyle; i think he gets at least one more year before they go back to the draft for another qb. i can't think of any other team that could possibly be wanting to spend a high round pick on a qb.

i think carolina will definitely be looking for a qb if there's a good value. delhomme's injury-prone and not much more than a game manager when he's in there.

kc would be wise to look again for a qb. croyle is not the answer, imo.

i think a healthy delhomme is more than a game manager, and i think steve smith would agree. the connection those two have developed over the years is pretty **** good.

croyle might not be the answer in kc but i just can't see them drafting another qb high in the draft this year. a young qb gets a couple of years before he's written off unless he has a horrible attitude like ryan leaf. i think he gets next year to prove himself but then if he still can't perform then they'll draft a qb in 2009.

who's a better qb then brohm in the draft?

i think that there will be no qb taken in the top 5 and probably only 1 qb taken in the top 10. there are only a few teams that need a qb. also this is a deep draft for qbs, and yet none of the prospects has done much to separate himself from the pack to make scouts think that any of them are a "can't miss" pick that is worthy of risking a top 10 pick.

if i'm a gm and i need a qb, i'm thinking that i could use my top 10 pick on a qb like ryan, brohm or woodson, but if i don't draft a qb with my top 10 pick, one of those 3 guys will probably be there at the bottom of the first for me to trade back up and grab him, or maybe just wait until the 2nd round and draft booty, henne or brennan. if i have a ton of other needs, i might even wait until round 3 and draft dixon.

which teams could possibly be thinking about a qb in round 1?

ravens

bears

falcons

any others? some might think jets but i think clemens will get the shot at starter next year. panthers might but i think they'll give delhomme another year. bears might even decide to go for a veteran in fa instead of waiting for a qb to develop, since they are only 1 year removed from playing in the sb. miami drafted john beck in rd 2 last year and the bills have started trent edwards with some success who was a 3rd round pick last year. jaguars, i don't follow them so i don't have any clue how they feel about garrard as the starter. he hasn't been very durable but he's played well when he's started. chiefs have brodie croyle; i think he gets at least one more year before they go back to the draft for another qb. i can't think of any other team that could possibly be wanting to spend a high round pick on a qb.

bears will get mcnabb.

ravens will get anderson./

who's a better qb then brohm in the draft?

bears will get mcnabb.

ravens will get anderson./

if the ravens get derek anderson as a rfa i will lmfao. they draft him in the 6th round and cut him in the same year, and then 3 years later they spend a 1st rd pick and a 3rd rd pick to get him back?!? what a disaster that would be

their college careers are not identical. brohm is more consistent week-in and week-out.

i said they have been virtually identical, meaning when it's all said and done, the numbers will be about the same.

to brohm's percieved edge in week to week consistency, i think most would agree than it's much easier to play at high level, consistently, when playing low level d-1 talent.

woodson has a career 62% completion percentage in the sec, that number is over 67% vs. non-conference opponents.

he's got about a 12-1 career td to int ratio vs. non-sec opponents.

there's evidence to suggest woodson is every bit as consistent as brohm against the same lower level of competition. because louisville is rarely challenged, we don't get to see how well he would fare against upper level talent.

nope. brohm will.

plus the sidearm release turns me off.

woodson doesn't throw sidearm, his release is from behind the ear and over the top.

woodson's arm motion when recoiling/cocking back, this is part of the "poor mechanics" that scouts refer to when speaking about woodson's delivery. if woodson's been this successful with "poor mechanics", how much better would he be when they get refined?

in another thread showed how woodson's recoil was similar to that of mike vick.

i said they have been virtually identical, meaning when it's all said and done, the numbers will be about the same.

to brohm's percieved edge in week to week consistency, i think most would agree than it's much easier to play at high level, consistently, when playing low level d-1 talent.

woodson has a career 62% completion percentage in the sec, that number is over 67% vs. non-conference opponents.

he's got about a 12-1 career td to int ratio vs. non-sec opponents.

there's evidence to suggest woodson is every bit as consistent as brohm against the same lower level of competition. because louisville is rarely challenged, we don't get to see how well he would fare against upper level talent.

constantly harping on competition is a weak way to evaluate a qb. rex grossman played in the sec. brett favre played 'low level' d-1 competition. tony romo played at eastern illinois. joey harrington played vs big time competition. obviously that's not a dependable way to evaluate what kind of nfl qb a guy can become.

it's possible.

i still don't like woodson's mechanics or his mobility, but there's no denying he's a good college qb. i think he does some things that will hurt him in the nfl, like his lack of mobility, staring down his receivers, and sometimes erratic accuracy. i think he'll take longer to get on the field and play well than brohm will.

most college qb's have their mechanics tweaked when coming out simply because ncaa rules don't allow for that much coaching to take place, in college, the focus tends to be on game situations. i will agree that woodson's footwork will need to be worked on as he overstrides causing his misfires to be high when he's off target.

as for his release, it probably won't be changed much. vick's release wasn't changed much, vince young hasn't had his changed much. ****, for the slow windup leftwich has, it hasn't effected his play at all. the last guy i can think of the dramatically changed his release was probably kerry collins who had a windup at penn state.

really, woodson is no less mobile than brohm, but he is a heckuva lot more sturdy.

how erratic can he be when he's at about 63% for his career?

when you look at the less than stellar games woodson has had, it comes against teams that are at a level brohm doesn't compete on. we have proof that woodson can excel vs. the low d-1 opposition brohm has also excelled against, but we don't have the evidence to suggest brohm can play at woodson's level.

who is really the surer bet?

the good thing is when its our pick petrino will know exactly what he is getting in brohm. if the falcs pass on him (for another qb) he obviously wasn't that great. i think it comes down to ryan or brohm (i think the falcons go more "pocket passer" on this, so no woodson) and everything being the same, they grab brohm. mcfadden and long should be off the board anyway.