i'll give it a shot... my first mock...

i have an idea on what positions i think we'll take when, if you follow me on that. then i've tried to find the best players i thought were ranked appropriately.

1st round... brian brohm. i just think the guy's a very talented quarterback, plus petrino's relationship with him, and his experience with petrino's offense, makes him our #1 pick. look at it this way, he knows more about our offense than any qb currently on our roster.

2nd round... barry richardson, ot, clemson, 6'7", 320lbs. big hoss for the left side next to blaylock.

2nd round... trey bennet, mlb, mcneese state, 6'1", 235lbs. don't know anything about the guy, but on the fantasy football site i found, he was ranked pretty high.

3rd round...dre moore, dt, maryland, 6'4", 311lbs. i've seen this guy in some other mocks on here, so he can't suck too bad!

3rd round... (comp. for kerney) chevis jackson, lsu, cb, 6'0", 191lbs., 4.42 forty. i've seen this guy play, and i like sec corners.

4th round... brad hester, running back from lsu. big, always falls forward, doesn't ever go backward. he's not a north south, just a north runner only. petrino's power back. i'm not an lsu fan at all, but i really like this guy and i think he'll light it up at the combine. can't understand why his head coach doesn't use him more, particularly in the alabama game, 4th and less than a yard....

5th round... art carmody, connor barth, brandon coutu, travis bell... whichever kicker we have rated highest on our board, although i'd like to see coutu come to the falcons. i'm actually more impressed with travis bell's stats.

6th round... kelin johnson, s, georgia, 6'1", 194lbs. homer pick, and i'd like to see us pick up another safety. either that or the best og available, someone like robert felton, arkansas, 6'4", 316lbs.

7th round...greg reid, de from oregon. abraham's backup. not real big, and some will say he's too small to play de in the nfl, he should be moved to olb, rush end in a 3-4. say what you want, the guy consistently gets to the qb. very abraham-like.

well, do i get to still post here?

i have an idea on what positions i think we'll take when, if you follow me on that. then i've tried to find the best players i thought were ranked appropriately.

1st round... brian brohm. i just think the guy's a very talented quarterback, plus petrino's relationship with him, and his experience with petrino's offense, makes him our #1 pick. look at it this way, he knows more about our offense than any qb currently on our roster.

2nd round... barry richardson, ot, clemson, 6'7", 320lbs. big hoss for the left side next to blaylock.

2nd round... trey bennet, mlb, mcneese state, 6'1", 235lbs. don't know anything about the guy, but on the fantasy football site i found, he was ranked pretty high.

3rd round...dre moore, dt, maryland, 6'4", 311lbs. i've seen this guy in some other mocks on here, so he can't suck too bad!

3rd round... (comp. for kerney) chevis jackson, lsu, cb, 6'0", 191lbs., 4.42 forty. i've seen this guy play, and i like sec corners.

4th round... brad hester, running back from lsu. big, always falls forward, doesn't ever go backward. he's not a north south, just a north runner only. petrino's power back. i'm not an lsu fan at all, but i really like this guy and i think he'll light it up at the combine. can't understand why his head coach doesn't use him more, particularly in the alabama game, 4th and less than a yard....

5th round... art carmody, connor barth, brandon coutu, travis bell... whichever kicker we have rated highest on our board, although i'd like to see coutu come to the falcons. i'm actually more impressed with travis bell's stats.

6th round... kelin johnson, s, georgia, 6'1", 194lbs. homer pick, and i'd like to see us pick up another safety. either that or the best og available, someone like robert felton, arkansas, 6'4", 316lbs.

7th round...greg reid, de from oregon. abraham's backup. not real big, and some will say he's too small to play de in the nfl, he should be moved to olb, rush end in a 3-4. say what you want, the guy consistently gets to the qb. very abraham-like.

well, do i get to still post here?

i think brohm will be our first pick, i would rather go defense

not bad overall

the only thing i don't like is that we only add 1 addition to a pathetic offensive line. personally, i'd rather see us draft dorsey or long in the first. imo our main focus in either fa or the draft is finding 2 starting offensive tackles and a starting dt.

going with brohm at #1 with woodson still on the board is doing a disservice to the team.

why?

you draft based on your coach and the system your coach has in place, and brohm, much to your chagrin, fits both of those to a perfect "t". he's the perfect fit for the falcons right here, right now.

"going w/woodson while brohm is still on the board would be a disservice to the team" is what you should of said.