yet another mock draft....

Goat

i'm bored so here's another one. let me know what y'all think!

cuts

kynan forney

brian finneran

keith brooking

chris redman

joey harrington

warrick dunn

todd mcclure

retirements

joe horn

morten andersen

wayne gandy

contract extensions / resign

deangelo hall

michael boley

chauncey davis

chris crocker

free agents

alan faneca

bernard berrian

na'il diggs

2008 nfl draft

ok so here it is! i have us trading crumpler to the seahawks for their 3rd rounder. i also have us receiving a 3rd round comp pick for kerney and we trade with dallas for both of their 1st rounders. so that leaves is with picks in the following rounds: 1,1,2,2,3,3,3,4,5,6,7

round 1: james laurinaitis, mlb, ohio st., 6'3 247lbs 4.47 40yd. this is the true stud we've been lacking in the middle of our linebacking group for a while. remember how a lot of us were screaming for patrick willis last year? well i really do belive this kid is going to be better, he along with a couple of other key pieces and we will have a top 10 defense in no time.

round 1: michael oher, lt, ole' miss, 6'5 325lbs 5.21 40yd. that franchise lt we desperatly need, well this is him. he gots all of the tools and more that are needed to play lt in this league. he is a monster with a mean streak, perfect for petrino's scheme.

round 2: frank okam, nt, texas, 6'5 320lbs 5.09 40yd. with the departure of grady jackson we need depth at nt and with this guy i don't think we pass on him. he has an amazing blend of size and speed that will make him very valuable to us. imagine him and lewis in there at the same time? that's 640+lbs of mean right in the middle.

round 2: chris ellis, de, virginia tech, 6'5 258lbs 4.67 40yd. we need insurance for abraham who thankfully has not been injured this season (knock on wood). also abraham isn't getting any younger so it doesn't hurt to start grooming his successor.

round 3: josh barrett, ss, arizona st., 6'2 225lbs 4.50 40yd. while milloy may still have some left in the tank i can't imagine it is very much. barrett will learn under him for a year or so until lawyer decided to hang them up.

barrett will help improve a secondary that will be full of playmakers.

round 3: colt brennan, qb, hawaii, 6'3 205lbs 4.72 40yd. i keep hearing about how this kid puts up big numbers because of the conference he plays in, but i still think he can be a very good qb in the league. guess what, no matter what conference you play in accuracy doesn't change and this kid has lots of it. he throws some of the nicest deep balls with dead on accuracy, he will sit and learn for a year maybe less depending on how fast he can pick up the system.

round 3: matt forte, rb, tulane, 6'2 222lbs 4.45 40yd. imo he will be the steal of the draft. many people may pass on him because of the competition he faces, but the way i see it is he plays with a very questionable supporting cast. there is no passing game to stop teams from putting eight or nine in the box to stop forte, but he still puts up numbers good enough to lead the nation in rushing yards. he would also be a perfect compliment to norwood and seems like a good fit for mr. petrino.

round 4: jeff otah, rt, pitssburgh, 6'6 340lbs 5.24 40yd. he has the body of a rt, could be a solid starter for us. will ride the pine behind weiner until the coaches feel he is good enough to step in and become our starter.

round 5: art carmody, k, louisville, 5'9 168lbs 4.96 40yd. some may feel that this is a little early for a kicker but it is something that we have to address. our kicking has been nothing short of crap the past couple of years. he is a guy petrino knows and imo the best kicker comming out this year.

round 6: doug legursky, c, marshall, 6'3 312lbs 5.22 40yd. pretty big guy when your talking about centers. very strong and quick. will be brought in to battle datish for the starting center job.

round 7: darnell terrell, cb, missouri, 6'2 200lbs 4.39 40yd. a big corner who is still a bit raw but has lots of upside. could be a project player that may develop into a solid contributor for us in the future.

depth chart

*rookies

defense

lde: jamaal anderson, chauncey davis

nt: frank okam, trey lewis

ut: rod coleman, jonathan babineaux

rde: john abraham, chris ellis

slb: michael boley, marcus wilkins

mlb: james laurinaitus, tony taylor

wlb: stephen nicholas, na'il diggs

lcb: deangelo hall, david irons

rcb: chris houston, lewis sanders, darnell terrell

ss: lawyer milloy, josh barrett

fs: jimmy williams, chris crocker

offense

wr-x: roddy white, bernard berrian

lt: michael oher, quinn ojinnaka

lg: justin blalock, tyson clabo

c: doug datish, doug legursky

rg: alan faneca, tyson clabo

rt: todd weiner, jeff otah

te: martrez milner, dwayne blakley

wr-z: laurent robinson, michael jenkins, adam jennings

qb: byron leftwich, colt brennan, dj shockley

rb: matt forte, jerious norwood, jason snelling

fb: ovie mughelli, corey mcintyre

special teams

k: art carmody

p: michael koenen

h: dj shockley

kr: jerious norwood, adam jennings

pr: adam jennings

ls: mike schneck

there we go all done now! smile.gif thanks to everyone for reading and let me know what you think. you won't hurt my feelings i promise. wink.gif so let me have it!

lde: jamaal anderson, chauncey davis

nt: frank okam, trey lewis

ut: rod coleman, jonathan babineaux

rde: john abraham, chris ellis

slb: michael boley, marcus wilkins

mlb: james laurinaitus, tony taylor

wlb: stephen nicholas, na'il diggs

lcb: deangelo hall, david irons

rcb: chris houston, lewis sanders, darnell terrell

ss: lawyer milloy, josh barrett

fs: jimmy williams, chris crocker

offense

wr-x: roddy white, bernard berrian

lt: michael oher, quinn ojinnaka

lg: justin blalock, tyson clabo

c: doug datish, doug legursky

rg: alan faneca, tyson clabo

rt: todd weiner, jeff otah

te: martrez milner, dwayne blakley

wr-z: laurent robinson, michael jenkins, adam jennings

qb: byron leftwich, colt brennan, dj shockley

rb: matt forte, jerious norwood, jason snelling

fb: ovie mughelli, corey mcintyre

that would be one heck on an offensive line and defense. biggrin.gif

i like everything but your first couple of picks in the draft..middle linebacker is not what we need the most at that first pick..if we dont snag the best offensive lineman in the draft, we need a potential great impact player like a mcfadden or maybe glenn dorsey at that first pick.

neither one of those guys will be there if the falcons trade their 1st for the cowboys 2 1st rounders. they will pick 1a(from dallas via cleve.)#12-20....cleveland is playing decent football, and 1b(from dallas)#28-30.

round 3: matt forte, rb, tulane, 6'2 222lbs 4.45 40yd. imo he will be the steal of the draft. many people may pass on him because of the competition he faces, but the way i see it is he plays with a very questionable supporting cast. there is no passing game to stop teams from putting eight or nine in the box to stop forte, but he still puts up numbers good enough to lead the nation in rushing yards. he would also be a perfect compliment to norwood and seems like a good fit for mr. petrino.

i've been preaching this kids praises for a while now and i think he's gonna be a future star in the nfl. yeah, the level of competition tulane plays is not all that, but he has far more positives than negatives. i would be ecstatic to get this kid!

round 3: josh barrett, ss, arizona st., 6'2 225lbs 4.50 40yd. while milloy may still have some left in the tank i can't imagine it is very much. barrett will learn under him for a year or so until lawyer decided to hang them up.

i have never seen this kid play, but i have seen this kid play a lot!! he has a lot of punch -- a lot like a scott case type of player!!

craig steltz - lsu

s

6'2", 210

steltzhy1.jpg

i've been preaching this kids praises for a while now and i think he's gonna be a future star in the nfl. yeah, the level of competition tulane plays is not all that, but he has far more positives than negatives. i would be ecstatic to get this kid!

oops! forgot to post a pic of him -- here it is!!

fortevp8.jpg

i have never seen this kid play, but i have seen this kid play a lot!! he has a lot of punch -- a lot like a scott case type of player!!

craig steltz - lsu

s

6'2", 210

steltzhy1.jpg

i've seen him too and yes he hits like a mac truck but i just have the feeling that he may squeeze into the late 2nd thats why i have barrett sitting there in the 3rd. just my thought though

well that had madden written all over it. you can't just list players under "retirements". usually players are cut first before they retire, it's rare that a player retires while he's still under contract and making money.

blink.gif gandy is probably done after this injury, and mort is a fa after this year..why does it matter where he lists the guys who are retiring anyways?