our draft board in the 1st round

1)darren mcfadden- too good to pass up on. worth waiting on qb and ot in the 2nd round for

2)jake long- franchise tackle. joe thomas like impact potentially

3)michael oher- only other ot worth top 5 pick

4)andre woodson- poor man's peyton

5)brian brohm- poor man's brady

one of these guys should fall to us for sure thanks to chris long and glenn dorsey.

the reason i didn't list those two guys is because ot and qb are far more glaring weaknesses than de/ut.

the reason i put woodson and brohm behind the two ots is because the dropoff at ot in the 2nd is potentially bigger than the drop at qb.

there are more great qbs and there are more teams that could use an ot. furthermore, those two ots could both start from day one.

mine would look like this:

1) jake long- franchise tackle. joe thomas like impact potentially

2) glen dorsey

3) michael oher (if he is available) - only other ot worth top 5 pick

4) trade down or go with another position...

i like your board because it allows us to get dennis dixon/erik ainge in the 2nd.

but i guess im not a fan of taking an ut that high. and not one that hasn't impressed me in a few games like vs uf's true freshman.

1)darren mcfadden- too good to pass up on. worth waiting on qb and ot in the 2nd round for

2)jake long- franchise tackle. joe thomas like impact potentially

3)michael oher- only other ot worth top 5 pick

4)andre woodson- poor man's peyton

5)brian brohm- poor man's brady

one of these guys should fall to us for sure thanks to chris long and glenn dorsey.

the reason i didn't list those two guys is because ot and qb are far more glaring weaknesses than de/ut.

the reason i put woodson and brohm behind the two ots is because the dropoff at ot in the 2nd is potentially bigger than the drop at qb.

there are more great qbs and there are more teams that could use an ot. furthermore, those two ots could both start from day one.

nice board. the only one that i see that may be not worthy a top 10 pick i oher. however, he is big and beastly and a strong combine might rocket him up. i'm like you on the mcfadden pick--awesome ability in an area of need.

i have dorsey #2 because a lot of sites have him labeled as an absolute monster and the best defensive player in the draft.

i think he is vastly overrated.

how many people had even heard of this guy a year ago?

and it's an ut.

there is a reason there is no such thing as a franchise nt. that's a dime a dozen position compared to lt, qb, and rb.

i think he is vastly overrated.

how many people had even heard of this guy a year ago?

and it's an ut.

there is a reason there is no such thing as a franchise nt. that's a dime a dozen position compared to lt, qb, and rb.

he looks like he is nursing injuries. i noticed that the other day in the alabama game. i like his play, but too much too spend for us. besides that's one area we aren't as bad in, once coleman and babs are back. trey lewis has been a nice addition.

he looks like he is nursing injuries. i noticed that the other day in the alabama game. i like his play, but too much too spend for us. besides that's one area we aren't as bad in, once coleman and babs are back. trey lewis has been a nice addition.

exactly.

not a very high need for that position and not a position that demands a pick that high.

he's nursing a sprained right knee. i think it was against auburn where they totally took a cheap shot. one ol engaged him and held him up, the other guy dove right at his knee. if he was injury-prone at all he would have had his knee blown out. i was really surprised when i heard that it was just a sprain, because it was just a dirty dirty play.

thanks. i remember that play. he's a nice player, i just don't know if he's a top 5. i like him, and think he's a very good player. but on the other hand, i wouldn't be too angry if we drafted him either, unless mcfadden was on the board.

man we got a lot of holes this year to fill!

you guys should watch him play. he's double teamed and still getting penetration and making plays. it's scary stuff.

i agree he is double teamed on every play. in the game against 'bama he was doubled, had a bad knee and still made plays. i gotta believe he will be 1 of the top 3 on our big board come draft time.

you guys should watch him play. he's double teamed and still getting penetration and making plays. it's scary stuff.

warren sapp is the only ut that i've seen in my lifetime that would be worth a high 1st round pick and sapp was only the 12th/14th pick overall.

you can count on one hand how many dts have gone in the top 5 of the draft. glenn dorsey is no way in that category. who was glenn dorsey before last season?

not to mention he goes to a school that has produced a whole lot of busts at dt.

even if he is the next warren sapp (which he is not) no one takes an elite dt over an elite qb/rb/lt.

is glenn dorsey better than albert haynesworth, warren sapp, marcus stroud, and john henderson?

because none of those guys went as high as people are projecting dorsey.

there are no elite qb's or lt's in this draft.

lmao @ that.

jake long is not an elite tackle?

they say the guy would have gone above joe thomas and levi brown. that's high praise considering the impact those two are capable of making.

michael oher also looks like a guy who can start from day one. ryan clady is another stud. king dunlap could be the next marcus mcneill

as far as qb, lmao @ no elite prospects. this is one of the strongest draft classes at qb in recent memory.

the hyped up class of cutler/leinart/young pales in comparison to this one.

woodson and brohm are both franchise qbs. or 2nd rounders like dixon and ainge could look like studs in petrino's system.

**** we haven't even discussed prospects like todd boeckman and rudy carpenter. this draft has a whole lot of good football players at positions that we need.

lmao @ that.

jake long is not an elite tackle?

they say the guy would have gone above joe thomas and levi brown. that's high praise considering the impact those two are capable of making.

michael oher also looks like a guy who can start from day one. ryan clady is another stud. king dunlap could be the next marcus mcneill

as far as qb, lmao @ no elite prospects. this is one of the strongest draft classes at qb in recent memory.

the hyped up class of cutler/leinart/young pales in comparison to this one.

woodson and brohm are both franchise qbs. or 2nd rounders like dixon and ainge could look like studs in petrino's system.

**** we haven't even discussed prospects like todd boeckman and rudy carpenter. this draft has a whole lot of good football players at positions that we need.

jake long is definately an elite tackle. but he is not an elite left tackle, which is what you would spend that high of a pick on. his skill set would project much better to rt.

its one of the deepest, but not necessarilly the strongest. its pretty good though, woodson and brohm are both good, but not qbs that would go in the top 5. dixon and ainge would be pretty solid pickups in the 2nd also. but since when does that constitute elite?

dorsey is an elite dt, and could play nt or ut in our system. why would you pass him up?

jake long is definately an elite tackle. but he is not an elite left tackle, which is what you would spend that high of a pick on. his skill set would project much better to rt.

its one of the deepest, but not necessarilly the strongest. its pretty good though, woodson and brohm are both good, but not qbs that would go in the top 5. dixon and ainge would be pretty solid pickups in the 2nd also. but since when does that constitute elite?

dorsey is an elite dt, and could play nt or ut in our system. why would you pass him up?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif this guy says the dorsey is hyped up by the media.. laugh.giflaugh.gif what does he consider ryan and long?

woodson and brohm are not good. they are elite qb prospects.

ainge and dixon would look elite in our qb friendly system.

i would pass on dorsey because you dont take a mf'in ut with a top 5 pick.

not even warren sapp got picked that high and he was a helluva lot more dominant

not even warren sapp got picked that high and he was a helluva lot more dominant

well you don't take a rt with a top 5 pick, if that's your logic. dorsey would make this line -dominant-. no if's, and's, or but's about it.

well you don't take a rt with a top 5 pick, if that's your logic. dorsey would make this line -dominant-. no if's, and's, or but's about it.

dorsey couldn't even beat uf's true freshman.

no one who can't take on a true freshman is worthy of a top 5 pick.

his most dominant game this year was vs mississipi state. no thanks.

if you don't think an offensive tackle is worth more than an ut and that we don't need more help at ot than ut then you should stick to baseball

the only truly elite prospect in this draft is mcfadden. dorsey is borderline elite. there is no qb worthy of a top 5 pick in this draft at all. its an extremely deep class, which is good for us, its just not great. jake long is not as good as joe thomas. he hasn't showed he can be a great blindside tackle, he struggles to much with speed rushers, which he will see a ton of in the nfl. maybe he can get better, but as of right now he is not elite.

dorsey couldn't even beat uf's true freshman.

no one who can't take on a true freshman is worthy of a top 5 pick.

his most dominant game this year was vs mississipi state. no thanks.

if you don't think an offensive tackle is worth more than an ut and that we don't need more help at ot than ut then you should stick to baseball

dorsey

blink.gifblink.gif from every recap i've seen, dorsey was a big part in that win. also, how was his most dominant game against msu? he had 8 tackles in the south carolina game..all solo..

i think they are top 10 prospects, but i dont think they are elite like long is elite at ot or like dorsey is elite at dt.

i like ainge and dixon, but they would need developing before theyd be ready to "look elite" in our system.

did you not read? he can play nt or ut, especially for us. he has the strength to play nose and the speed off the snap to play ut. he is extremely good against the run and is just as good rushing the passer. why the he** would you not want him?

dorsey dominates the line of scrimmage in a way few defensive players have ever done in the sec. saban actually went red rum after the game last week when a reporter kept pointing out how dominant dorsey was. we found our young nose of the future in trey lewis. slotting him with dorsey could very well be the key to a championship caliber defense. there isn't anything to dislike about dorsey as a prospect.

as for the theory that he came out of nowhere in the past year, he was a parade all-american coming out of high school. he started some as a freshman, and the only reason he didn't play more in 04 and 05 is that the guys ahead of him were claude wroten and kyle williams, both of whom are currently in the nfl.

here are the 2007 player updates for dorsey. there is a wealth of great information about him in these:

11/05/07 - sec week 10 defensive player of the week: dorsey recorded a team-best 7 tackles to lead a tiger defense that limited alabama to 254 total yards and just 20 rushing yards in 41-34 victory over the crimson tide. he had one sack for a 6-yard loss and added another tackle for a loss in the win. in all, the tigers sacked alabama qb john parker wilson seven times. dorsey added a pair of quarterback hurries and batted down a pass at the line of scrimmage on alabama s final possession of the game. lsu held alabama to just three first downs on its final five possessions with one of those via penalty. - sec sports

11/05/07 - dt glenn dorsey's impact always goes beyond stats because of his ability to control the line of scrimmage and provide a foundation for the defense. through seven games dorsey has 46 tackles, 8.5 for loss and five sacks with three pass breakups and three quarterback hurries. he played with a sprained right knee and wore a huge brace against alabama, and even though he could often be spotted limping, he still flew around the field making plays and played a significant role in the middle of the defense.

11/05/07 - it was obvious dt glenn dorsey has not fully recovered from the chop block he endured oct. 20 against auburn. dorsey came into the game with a sprained right knee and then an alabama lineman rolled on him with 5:24 left in the first quarter, sending dorsey to the locker room for a brief time. dorsey could be seen limping at various times throughout the game but still made his share of plays with seven tackles, two for losses, and a sack.

11/03/07 - miles has a much bigger concern with the status of injured all-america defensive tackle glenn dorsey for the alabama game. dorsey suffered a sprained right knee when he was chop-blocked on oct. 20 against auburn. miles said he was optimistic about dorsey's availability this week but wouldn't know for certain until later in the week.

11/03/07 - players to watch: dt glenn dorsey the other three spots on the line have been up and down a bit but dorsey remains a solid force inside for the tigers. when he's not making plays, he's at least holding his ground and forcing opponents to use more than one defender to stop him.

11/03/07 - dt glenn dorsey's impact always goes beyond stats because of his ability to control the line of scrimmage and provide a foundation for the defense. through seven games, dorsey has 39 tackles, 6.5 for loss and four sacks with three pass breakups and three quarterback hurries. however, he missed most of the second half of the auburn game with a sprained right knee that is not expected to keep him out of the alabama game on nov. 3.

11/02/07 - it's an alabama-lsu matchup with a dash of mystery and intrigue and involving a pretty well-known guy who spurned the nfl for a return to college football. nick saban vs. les miles? hardly, it's no. 3 lsu's defensive tackle glenn dorsey -- if he plays -- leading a formidable front against a crimson tide offensive line likely to be starting a pair of backups in saturday's game. there is plenty of uncertainty in that key confrontation. dorsey, who postponed his nfl career to return for his senior season, sprained his right knee on an illegal chop block by auburn two weeks ago. he has remained coy about his status this week but has practiced in a brace. - ap sports

10/26/07 - lsu had a few familiar faces missing from thursday's practice. with several coaches out on the recruiting trails and lsu senior defensive tackle glenn dorsey nursing a knee injury, miles said thursday's practice was different but fun. "this was a skeletal crew handling practice - just the coordinators," miles said. "i like the way this team's practiced. it was a spirited practice. i think the guys got a lot out of it." even though dorsey sat out of thursday's practice because of the injury he suffered in this past saturday's 30-24 victory against auburn, miles said the gonzales native did get some work in. "he's worked out a little bit today - some treadmill," miles said. "we're pretty optimistic that permanent damage is not significant and that he'll heal." dorsey has been spotted on campus with a brace on his injured leg, but miles said it is nothing to be concerned with. "i think that happens," miles said. "i don't think that's as significant as it might sound. i think there's a lot of guys who wear braces on their knees who play." dorsey made an appearance at thursday's press opportunity sporting a slight limp, but no crutches or visible brace. the all-american said he got his halloween scare a little early this past saturday. "i got scared," dorsey said. "it hurt at first, but i think that just comes from me being just scared a lot. it's alright. i'm ready to move on." - keith claverie, the daily reveille

10/20/07 - players to watch: dt glenn dorsey and de tyson jackson - lsu beat up auburn qb brandon cox last year and he wasn't healthy the rest of the season. this time, dorsey, jackson and the rest of the line faces an auburn line with three true freshmen and an injured center. lsu needs dorsey to dominate the interior and needs more plays from jackson on the edge. it would also help if jackson would avoid foolish personal fouls at critical junctures.

10/20/07 - quote to note: "the bottom line is for us to come up with big plays. no excuses. we didn't make the plays that we needed to make, and we're going to try to correct that and make them this week." lsu defensive tackle glenn dorsey.

10/20/07 - dt glenn dorsey's impact always goes beyond stats because of his ability to control the line of scrimmage and provide a foundation for the defense. through seven games, dorsey has 34 tackles, 5.5 for loss and four sacks with two pass breakups.

10/09/07 - dt glenn dorsey's impact always goes beyond stats because of his ability to control the line of scrimmage and provide a foundation for the defense. through five games, dorsey has 30 tackles, 5.5 for loss and four sacks with two pass breakups.

10/01/07 - dt glenn dorsey had a relatively quiet game against tulane with three tackles but his impact always goes beyond stats because of his ability to control the line of scrimmage and provide a foundation for the defense.

09/24/07 - sec week 4 defensive lineman of the week: dorsey recorded eight tackles, including seven solo stops, in lsu's 28-16 win over south carolina. he also had a sack (-7 yards) and knocked down a pass at the line of scrimmage in the victory. the lsu defense held south carolina to just 17 total rushing yards. of the gamecocks' 16 first downs, only one came via the rush. lsu leads the nation in scoring defense, total defense, rushing defense and pass efficiency defense. - sec sports

09/23/07 - looking good: dt glenn dorsey - his stats, seven solo tackles and a sack, are strong enough but they dont tell the whole story of how he controlled his space on the line and caused constant disruption to the south carolina offense.

09/21/07 - players to watch: dt glenn dorsey and te tyson jackson - south carolina owned the line of scrimmage against georgia but the gamecocks haven't faced anyone like dorsey and jackson. dorsey holds his ground and disrupts the run game with his penetration and jackson gets upfield to cause problems in the backfield. the gamecocks are already struggling to pass the ball and will likely need to commit extra blockers to slow dorsey and jackson up front. if the gamecocks can't move dorsey and jackson, they could be in big trouble.

09/18/07 - looking good: defensive line the defense has allowed only seven poin

a guy that will make some nfl team better..chris johnson,rb, east carolina, 5` 11``,195lbs..his forty time is listed as 4.2,but he has been timed at 4.1,he runs good between the tackles and has earned the school record for receptions by a runningback,he returns kickoffs also,returning 2 for tds in one game this year.. smile.gif