the question isn't whether brohm is the best qb

atlforlife

the question is whether he is the best qb for the falcons. ryan and woodson may be better qbs, but i feel brohm will reach his full potential and be most likely to succede here. if we are going to take a qb, brohm is probably the best way to go.

only because he knows petrino's system....but what would happen if bp gets fired?

only because he knows petrino's system....but what would happen if bp gets fired?

at the moment, i think brohm will be the best of the 3 (for anybody).

brohm has played at the same high level not only for 4 years in college, but in high school (the guy was on the cover of sports illustrated before he even started college!!!)

there is a lot to be said for consistency. ryan & woodson may have shown more "upside" their senior year, but upside is just unrealized potential. i'm pretty confident brohm won't be a bust in the nfl. will he be payton manning? who knows, but i'm sure he won't be ryan leaf.

will ryan & woodson be a manning or leaf? i don't know, but they could go either way.

brohm is the safer pick.

brohm has played at the same high level not only for 4 years in college, but in high school (the guy was on the cover of sports illustrated before he even started college!!!)

there is a lot to be said for consistency. ryan & woodson may have shown more "upside" their senior year, but upside is just unrealized potential. i'm pretty confident brohm won't be a bust in the nfl. will he be payton manning? who knows, but i'm sure he won't be ryan leaf.

will ryan & woodson be a manning or leaf? i don't know, but they could go either way.

brohm is the safer pick.

agreed. brohm has all the physical tools, and has proven that he can perform (and quite well, at that) in petrino's system.... i am missing why we wouldn't draft him (if we choose to go qb in the 1st, that is).

agreed. brohm has all the physical tools, and has proven that he can perform (and quite well, at that) in petrino's system.... i am missing why we wouldn't draft him (if we choose to go qb in the 1st, that is).

andre woodson has more potential if we had to go qb in the 1st.

he's been improving every single year.

and he seems to have that "it" factor in those big games

brohm is the safer pick.

part of the reason people dont like him as much is he is already developed. he wont get any better in college than he has been the past couple of years. so people talk up other players who have shot onto the scene this year (matt ryan and dixon are the biggest), and talk them up. brohm is almost boring with his consistency, but that is just what we need and just what everyone should want.

he might be my qb pick in my next mock. smile.gif

there isnt a qb in this draft we want to lead our franchise... all these guys have major deficiencies

ok, i wouldn't say major deficiencies. they all have flaws, but what qb coming out of college doesn't? i really don't want us to take a qb in the 1st, but to say no qb in this draft can lead our franchise is a little harsh. this qb class is way too deep.

just because a class is deep doesnt mean there is a franchise player in it. it means it's deep. not star studded. i think woodson's release is slow and often late, i know we dont want that. matt ryan is big, and has a big arm, but seems pretty careless with the football. brohm is probably the best, he could be a system product, but we do run that system. can he stay healthy? henne is phyiscally impressive, can he stay healthy?

who are the other guys that make this class deep? colt brennan? yeah, i'm sure he'll tear it up in the arena league. eric ainge? fat statuesque-doughboy. my argument isnt that there arent solid qb prospects in this draft. it's that there isnt a franchise guy you want to build your team around. if there's one, it might be brohm. but i still think he's boom or bust.

i think it comes down to where we draft. i just hope we take the best player available. if that's a qb, then fine. but there isnt a qb in this draft i would want the falcons to reach on.

lmfao

yeah this sure is a weak qb class laugh.gif

you must be joking. this class matches up with any class this decade.

not true. i would much rather be looking for a qb in 2006 with vy, leinart, and cutler, or 2004 with eli, phillip rivers, or big ben.

this class is deep, but lacks a true star.

i think petrino is going to have at least 3 more years to prove himself. if he leaves though, brohm might not be the best option. if petrino wants to stay for long haul, brohm is the way to go.

i think brohm is the most nfl ready by far. he doesn't have the athletic ability or arm strength of woodson. he doesn't have the size and that ryan has. but he makes better decisions than both of them under pressure. his arm strength is very good. he is great at avoiding the rush in the pocket. overall it is hard to find flaws with any of the three but i would pick brohm no matter who is the coach. it is just so hard to deny his production in high school and more importantly college.

having said that i reserve the right to change my opinion if ryan or woodson play lights out against top flight teams down the stretch and in bowl games.

not true. i would much rather be looking for a qb in 2006 with vy, leinart, and cutler, or 2004 with eli, phillip rivers, or big ben.

this class is deep, but lacks a true star.

big ben and cutler were not considered "stars" either, just good qb prospects. they were good picks.

big ben and cutler were not considered "stars" either, just good qb prospects. they were good picks.

i would say there were both considered better prospects than anyone in this draft is considered. just based on physical gifts alone.

but even ben fell a whole lot further than anyone ever could have expected. oakland was said to have had him as the 2nd best player on their board.

brohm is the safer pick.

what makes brohm the safer pick?

let's also be clear, for this claim that brohm can perform on the main stage, he has only played 3 big games in his college career. a bowl game last year, a win over #3 ranked west virginia last year and a loss the following week to unranked rutgers.

just because a class is deep doesnt mean there is a franchise player in it. it means it's deep. not star studded. i think woodson's release is slow and often late, i know we dont want that. matt ryan is big, and has a big arm, but seems pretty careless with the football. brohm is probably the best, he could be a system product, but we do run that system. can he stay healthy? henne is phyiscally impressive, can he stay healthy?

who are the other guys that make this class deep? colt brennan? yeah, i'm sure he'll tear it up in the arena league. eric ainge? fat statuesque-doughboy. my argument isnt that there arent solid qb prospects in this draft. it's that there isnt a franchise guy you want to build your team around. if there's one, it might be brohm. but i still think he's boom or bust.

i think it comes down to where we draft. i just hope we take the best player available. if that's a qb, then fine. but there isnt a qb in this draft i would want the falcons to reach on.

woodson's release isn't slow. the issue people have with woodson's release is that the ball drops below his shoulder. his release is almost identical to vick's, however vick had a very quick release. if you're often late with the ball, you don't excel like woodson has in the sec.

henne, physically impressive? the guy is barely 6'1" and has little mobility.