the injury that's had a deeper effect on the college football season and draft than people realize

halsey

jasper brinkley

he was the gamecocks best player and it's had to have hurt them to lose him. he was probably going to be picked pretty high in the draft. i could see him making a big difference in the games sc has lost since losing him.

now the question is, will he be granted the extra season of eligibility that he's requested, and if he is, does he take it or enter the draft?

he probably would have been the 3rd or 4th mlb taken in this draft if the juniors come out.

now the question is, will he be granted the extra season of eligibility that he's requested, and if he is, does he take it or enter the draft?

he probably would have been the 3rd or 4th mlb taken in this draft if the juniors come out.

there is talk that he is not eligible for the medical redshirt because of the number of games he has played in, but also talk that he is expected to get it. nothing official has been released... and it probably won't come until the offseason, as sc had another medical redshirt for last year on qb chris smelley that wasn't talked about until well into the offseason.

apparently jasper is actively seeking a medical redshirt to return to sc next year.

if he can work out at the combine he wont slip that much. i figured he was probably at best a late first round pick. i could see him going in round 2 if he checks out 100%. anthony waters did the same last year. similar injury, similar skill set.

his rehab is likely to be continuing on into when the combine is going on anyways, so he probably wouldn't be at full capacity to work out.

there is talk that he is not eligible for the medical redshirt because of the number of games he has played in, but also talk that he is expected to get it. nothing official has been released... and it probably won't come until the offseason, as sc had another medical redshirt for last year on qb chris smelley that wasn't talked about until well into the offseason.

apparently jasper is actively seeking a medical redshirt to return to sc next year.

his rehab is likely to be continuing on into when the combine is going on anyways, so he probably wouldn't be at full capacity to work out.

thats too bad. i thought i read an article (right after the injury) that said he would be able to perform at the combine. guess not.

hope he gets that redshirt. if he doesnt, hope we can get brinkley in rounds 3-5.