can darren mcfadden be as good as if not better than adrian peterson?

gimmesomo

i really don't think so guys...mcfadden's gonna be a great back but better than ap? from what i've seen he's just a close 2nd...opinions?

probably not. it depends on how good his ol is. if he runs behind minnesota, then every one can have a pretty fair opinion. but since mcfadden will most likely be drafted by a re-building franchise that is struggling to maintain their offense, then he will most likely not do as good as ap considering his ol will most likely suck.

at the beginning of the year i would have said yes.

8 games later ap has 1000 yards rushing and i have to say **** no.

blink.gif ap has looking spectacular, i agree, but oonly 8 games into his career and dmc hasn't even played a down in the nfl yet. so this whole topic is moot, if you ask me.

here is what we do know...ap is carrying the vikes and is playing awesome. the injury thing is now a non-issue with him. dmc has big, big college #s, is practically the same size as ap,(6'2" 215), and dmc is faster.

blink.gif ap has looking spectacular, i agree, but oonly 8 games into his career and dmc hasn't even played a down in the nfl yet. so this whole topic is moot, if you ask me.

here is what we do know...ap is carrying the vikes and is playing awesome. the injury thing is now a non-issue with him. dmc has big, big college #s, is practically the same size as ap,(6'2" 215), and dmc is faster.

they asked for my opinion, and i gave it. mcfadden has a chance to be special, but ap is beyond special at this point. he outshined everyone, including lt, on the field and probably the entire league today. thats the 2nd time this year he has done that.

just my opinion, but id bet that mcfadden wont have 1000 yards after 8 games. thats likely because he wont go to a team with a good offensive line, but its still something i would bet.

the only knock peterson ever had on him was he was injury prone. only 8 games into his nfl career is still too early to say he won't be injury prone, but so far so good. ap is definitely benefitting from running behind a great run blocking o line.

do i think mcfadden could be as good as peterson? if both stay healthy and both ran behind the same o line, then without a doubt i think mcfadden could be as good, or better, than peterson. these 2 guys could be the eric dickerson and barry sanders of this generation.

peterson is in a privilege position to run ball the more effectively than the norm because of the simple fact that jackson demands the qb contain defense which opens up more lanes than normal

that's a good thought, but unfortunately an incorrect one. peterson had under 40 yards rushing while jackson was in the game. when jackson went out due to injury in the 2nd quarter, brooks bollinger came in & he exploded for 253 yards in the 2nd half.

to answer your question, absolutely not. darren mcfadden is a great player. i'm not taking that away from him. but i guarantee you that he will be no more successful in his rookie season than reggie bush was in his rookie season. he relies almost entirely on his speed, and that speed is negated when he steps onto an nfl field where everybody is fast.

darren mcfadden is a much, much more physical rb than reggie bush. he's definitely closer to the ap model than bush, an eric metcalf type. mcfadden is that rare breed who can run over or run around defensive players.

i agree. dmc is a great great prospect, but imo he is no ap. i said last season ap was the best rb prospect since barry sanders. i got ripped, but its all good.

i would be all for dmc, but would have rather had ap last one more pick last year. i have no doubt that we would have taken him #8 had min gone a different direction. **** you minny...you needed a de....should have taken anderson. dry.gif

all in all can mcfadden be as good as peterson, yes....will he be as good, not likely.

i've said this a few times now, but in case you missed it, my thought on the two is simple. i think ap is a slightly better player; his injury question, however, brings it back to the point where i think it's a virtual draw between the two players. both of them are mind boggling talents.

having said that, i expect atlanta to win at least one of its next four games if not two or three of them, meaning we aren't getting a whiff of run dmc. so, it's a largely pointless discussion for us now. i don't see us trading up and we aren't losing enough to get him. our remaining schedule is carolina, tampa x 2, indy, st. louis, new orleans, arizona and seattle. we're bad but we're just not bad enough for us to lose to all of those mediocre teams.

i've said this a few times now, but in case you missed it, my thought on the two is simple. i think ap is a slightly better player; his injury question, however, brings it back to the point where i think it's a virtual draw between the two players. both of them are mind boggling talents.

having said that, i expect atlanta to win at least one of its next four games if not two or three of them, meaning we aren't getting a whiff of run dmc. so, it's a largely pointless discussion for us now. i don't see us trading up and we aren't losing enough to get him. our remaining schedule is carolina, tampa x 2, indy, st. louis, new orleans, arizona and seattle. we're bad but we're just not bad enough for us to lose to all of those mediocre teams.

i wouldnt say that yet. of all the teams remaining, only one is currently ahead of us in draft rankings. we beat a team who is very beat up and on a 6 game losing streak...and we barely won. we dont have the offense to hang with any team in that schedule but car.

i hope we win more games (for the chemistry of the coaches and players) but i dont see more than 2 more wins honestly. dmc will likely go top 4 at this point, so we are on the bubble of being in contention. there is a chance that nyj wins a couple more games than us. sf at this point looks like a sinking ship. same for stl, but i dont expect them to go without 2 or so wins. mia could very well only win, well no games.

it might be fanboyish of me (i always struggle the most making neutral evaluations of my favorite teams), but the falcons have been right there at the end of almost every game this year. as weak as the nfc south and nfc west are, i just don't think we're the type of bad needed to lose out.

as a fan, i'm glad of that. nothing irritates me more than people saying, "we shouldn't have won! it hurt our draft pick." the draft is in spring. we're in fall. i want the wins.

due to the schedule, i can't help wondering if we're going to see the reverse of last year. we were in the playoff mix until right at the end yet we wound up with the #10 pick due to a very odd series of parity-related quirks. this year, it's entirely possible we will have been out of the playoff discussion since september yet we don't wind up picking until around the same spot(s) as last year, 8-10.

it might be fanboyish of me (i always struggle the most making neutral evaluations of my favorite teams), but the falcons have been right there at the end of almost every game this year. as weak as the nfc south and nfc west are, i just don't think we're the type of bad needed to lose out.

as a fan, i'm glad of that. nothing irritates me more than people saying, "we shouldn't have won! it hurt our draft pick." the draft is in spring. we're in fall. i want the wins.

due to the schedule, i can't help wondering if we're going to see the reverse of last year. we were in the playoff mix until right at the end yet we wound up with the #10 pick due to a very odd series of parity-related quirks. this year, it's entirely possible we will have been out of the playoff discussion since september yet we don't wind up picking until around the same spot(s) as last year, 8-10.

it could happen, and honestly i hope it does. i want this team to win. and no draft pick guarantees a win. i would love to get 1997 hot and win to end the season, and hope we carry momentum. but unless leftwich comes back and doesnt get hurt again i dont see our offense being good enough to hang with the remaining opponents. i mean we had five forced turnovers against sf and onlt managed 20 points. that is sad.

to answer your question, absolutely not. darren mcfadden is a great player. i'm not taking that away from him. but i guarantee you that he will be no more successful in his rookie season than reggie bush was in his rookie season. he relies almost entirely on his speed, and that speed is negated when he steps onto an nfl field where everybody is fast.

wow are you an idiot.

darren mcfadden can run between the tackles.

he has vision.

something reggie bush has at a hs level right now

he also doesn't go down to arm tackles like reggie bush.

mcfadden plays is slightly bigger than peterson and plays in a stronger conference. not to mention he is a better receiver

he also has the extra element with the lt/payton trick play

i fail to see how someone can be so ignorant and see only one positive or one negative of a player. mcfadden has both vision, speed, and power. power is the most underrated thing that mcfadden has. it's hard to tell why due to mcfadden's size and strength shown on the field, but no one ever brings that up when they talk about him.

reggie bush and mcfadden can't be compared. if you're comparing them in a playmaker's point of view, mcfadden is more versatile. he can throw a decent ball, and i will go out on a limb and say that he can put up a potential fight receiving-wise to bush and definetly adrian peterson. as per running back talent, i don't know yet... reggie bush was absolutely amazing, and all the scouts were raving about him being the next best thing. but right now, mcfadden is still being compared to running backs like adrian peterson.

reggie bush isn't that good of a pure running back. he's so good because he can run, catch, and return punts and kicks. when they were rookies, norwood and bush were often compared, and when some people looked at the stats, norwood seemed to have an upper-hand rushing.

i really can't tell whether or not mcfadden will even do as hot as peterson did his rookie year in minnesota if he were to be drafted by atlanta. what we need is an offensive line to compliment mcfadden and norwood's rushing style. norwood is accustomed to a zbs, and mcfadden can still be taught in any kind of blocking system. however, if we draft mcfadden, we're going to have to put up one **** of a draft to pick up the best available linemen in the draft excluding left guard and maybe center.