guys who really impressed today.

***feel free to add your own as i obviously didn't get to watch every game today.

james laurinaitis-wow, this guy has all the tools. great speed, great coverage skills, great tackler, and tough as nails. the only thing he has trouble with is shedding blocks, but that's what the fat boys up front are for.

glenn dorsey-the guy is truly a beast. he was giving bama's great center, spencer, a lot of trouble today and plays much better against the run than i thought. his pass rushing skills are top notch in 1v1 situations. i can't wait to see his pro day/combine stats.

rashad johnson-remember this name. a walk-on safety for alabama who was all over the field breaking up passes and making big plays against lsu today. this guy looks very good.

andre smith-the best lt in college since orlando pace. yeah i said it. he played well against a tough lsu d line even with a messed up ankle and has been dominant since his true freshman year at bama. i pray we have a shot at getting this guy, he is everything you want in a lt...and is part of the reason why i'd like to see us work on interior linemen in this draft and a rt.

dj hall-probably the best pure wr in this draft class, he will end up going top 15. talk about a dangerous wr, wow.

knowshawn moreno-i said in the college football section on afmb a couple months ago that this kid could end up being great and he is starting to prove me very right.

overall impressions-it seems to be as i feared. we are looking at a weak draft class this year. it should be no surprise given the last couple of classes' wealth of talent, but only the best gm's are going to make it big with this draft. even the top 5 is harder to pick than normal since none of the qb's appear to truly be franchise qb's....despite the opinion of so-called experts around here. the big plusses of this draft will end up being the wealth of interior linemen on both sides of the ball and the depth of quality rb's and lb's (keep in mind i'm adding guys like harvey as 3-4 olb's when i say that).

***feel free to add your own as i obviously didn't get to watch every game today.

james laurinaitis-wow, this guy has all the tools. great speed, great coverage skills, great tackler, and tough as nails. the only thing he has trouble with is shedding blocks, but that's what the fat boys up front are for.

glenn dorsey-the guy is truly a beast. he was giving bama's great center, spencer, a lot of trouble today and plays much better against the run than i thought. his pass rushing skills are top notch in 1v1 situations. i can't wait to see his pro day/combine stats.

rashad johnson-remember this name. a walk-on safety for alabama who was all over the field breaking up passes and making big plays against lsu today. this guy looks very good.

andre smith-the best lt in college since orlando pace. yeah i said it. he played well against a tough lsu d line even with a messed up ankle and has been dominant since his true freshman year at bama. i pray we have a shot at getting this guy, he is everything you want in a lt...and is part of the reason why i'd like to see us work on interior linemen in this draft and a rt.

dj hall-probably the best pure wr in this draft class, he will end up going top 15. talk about a dangerous wr, wow.

knowshawn moreno-i said in the college football section on afmb a couple months ago that this kid could end up being great and he is starting to prove me very right.

overall impressions-it seems to be as i feared. we are looking at a weak draft class this year. it should be no surprise given the last couple of classes' wealth of talent, but only the best gm's are going to make it big with this draft. even the top 5 is harder to pick than normal since none of the qb's appear to truly be franchise qb's....despite the opinion of so-called experts around here. the big plusses of this draft will end up being the wealth of interior linemen on both sides of the ball and the depth of quality rb's and lb's (keep in mind i'm adding guys like harvey as 3-4 olb's when i say that).

also michigan state's tight end looked like a stud...

i give glenn dorsey the award as a competitor for playing through the injury,

although, the knee injury from the auburn "cheap shot" chop block may hurt

his standings. thought i heard that rich mckay and phil savage were at

the alabama/lsu game.

mcfadden proves again why he, most likely he will be either #1 or #2 off of the board.

i give glenn dorsey the award as a competitor for playing through the injury,

although, the knee injury from the auburn "cheap shot" chop block may hurt

his standings. thought i heard that rich mckay and phil savage were at

the alabama/lsu game.

mcfadden proves again why he, most likely he will be either #1 or #2 off of the board.

i was impressed with dorsey and steltz in that game.

mcfadden is a beast... no doubt about it.

i was also very impressed with dorsey, and enjoyed the alabama (not auburn) lsu game. i wonder where everyone/anyone projects jacob hester, running back from lsu. even the game commentators were wondering why he wasn't in the game very much... why they tried a trick offensive line move to get bama to jump offsides and instead got called for a false start penalty on a fourth and inches. hester "always falls forward and always gets positive yards," again said even the commentator. why try trick crap with this guy in the backfield? anyway, he could be a later round back we could pick up in the draft. i think he's the perfect description of a power back. kinda reminds me of larry csonka (?). anybody else have thoughts on hester??? i haven't seen him mentioned in any of the discussions about a power back, mcfadden, steward, slaton, etc. i'm thinking we could draft several offensive linemen, a mlb, a dt, and another need or two before grabbing this guy late in the draft, and he'd fit our need perfectly. thoughts?

i was also very impressed with dorsey, and enjoyed the alabama (not auburn) lsu game.anybody else have thoughts on hester???

if you were making the correction for my benefit, i was referring to the dorsey injury in the auburn

lsu game, which to me had looked like an intentional block intended to take out someone's knee. the

problems he had in the bama game were the after affects of the auburn game.

we agree on hester. i think he could be that combo fullback/tailback who could back up two positions with

a single roster spot. i'd earlier felt that we didn't need another fullback that we don't use the one we

just signed to a record contract.

i'd still like to draft or sign another decent running back.

i also watched the oregon asu game, mainly to see stewart and dixon for the first time this year. came away most impressed with the defensive end, i think #49 for the ducks, small, very quick guy that had two sacks in the game. could be an excellent very late pick in the draft that could back up abraham.