the colt brennan appreciation thread

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not so sure brennan will last until the 3rd, but i think he and dixon are much better options with our 2nd round 2 pick, or if we are lucky our 3rd rounder. they could both have success in bp's system if we acquire some o-line help. i just hope we don't reach for 1 of the so called "big 3" qb's in the first.

yeah, he slings it out to the side. it's gonna need to be fixed, imo.

yeah, it's definitely a sidearm release. i agree it's most likely gonna need fixed. i really hope hawaii goes undefeated the rest of the year, the only decent team they have left is boise st. and i guess washington(if you can call them anywhere near decent). i want to see them get into a bcs bowl game to see how he does against a good defense. that will give us a much better idea of what he can really do.

i'm not so sure brennan will last until the 3rd, but i think he and dixon are much better options with our 2nd round 2 pick, or if we are lucky our 3rd rounder. they could both have success in bp's system if we acquire some o-line help. i just hope we don't reach for 1 of the so called "big 3" qb's in the first.

i can totally see brennan lasting till the 3rd. how many teams need a qb? not that many. first round will be woodson, ryan, and brohm. second round will probably be dennis dixon (his stock is shooting through the roof) and chad henne. i think teams will grow weary of brennan's arm motion and the system he played in and then he will slide and all the teams who passed on him will regret it.

first off, props to the creator of this thread. it's great to see appreciation for colt brennan and the hawaii warriors on the afmb.

now, i think we should take a serious look at him. the falcons obviously need a qb, and brennan would be a solid option to go with. he has superb accuracy and is a leader. he's more mobile then ryan, woodson, and brohm. he hasn't played against top competition, but he still gets the job done with needed.

i really hope hawaii finishes undeafeated and earns a spot in a bcs bowl game because it'll give everyone a great look at one of the ncaa's most prolific qb's in their history.

first off, props to the creator of this thread. it's great to see appreciation for colt brennan and the hawaii warriors on the afmb.

now, i think we should take a serious look at him. the falcons obviously need a qb, and brennan would be a solid option to go with. he has superb accuracy and is a leader. he's more mobile then ryan, woodson, and brohm. he hasn't played against top competition, but he still gets the job done with needed.

i really hope hawaii finishes undeafeated and earns a spot in a bcs bowl game because it'll give everyone a great look at one of the ncaa's most prolific qb's in their history.

i want brohm.

though i wouldn't be upset w/brennan, but not in the 1st. brohm is worth a 1st rd. pick.

and where is this "brohm isn't mobile" stuff coming from? blink.gif did you see the ul-wv game last night? same w/ryan.

i don't like brennan mainly because he's stupid, couldn't make it in colorado, couldn't control his ****, and still can't make decisions. anyone will put up numbers throwing the ball 70 times in that conference, and brennan's nothing special. not to mention his lack of size and terrible mechanics. did i mention how dumb he is?

yeah, it's definitely a sidearm release. i agree it's most likely gonna need fixed. i really hope hawaii goes undefeated the rest of the year, the only decent team they have left is boise st. and i guess washington(if you can call them anywhere near decent). i want to see them get into a bcs bowl game to see how he does against a good defense. that will give us a much better idea of what he can really do.

can a qb coach really "fix" that though? he's been throwing with that motion for his entire career. it's not some bad habit like patting the ball or even bad footwork, it's his entire throwing motion. i don't think you can mess with that and still have the same kind of accuracy that he has now. it's like a professional golfer trying to completely change his swing. i don't think it can be fixed.

can a qb coach really "fix" that though? he's been throwing with that motion for his entire career. it's not some bad habit like patting the ball or even bad footwork, it's his entire throwing motion. i don't think you can mess with that and still have the same kind of accuracy that he has now. it's like a professional golfer trying to completely change his swing. i don't think it can be fixed.

finally someone brings it up. there are some things in sports that you just can't change, and most of the time a qbs throwing motion is one of them. if you honestly expect a guy to come in, change his entire mechanics, and still succeed, then i don't know what to tell you.

i don't like brennan mainly because he's stupid, couldn't make it in colorado, couldn't control his ****, and still can't make decisions. anyone will put up numbers throwing the ball 70 times in that conference, and brennan's nothing special. not to mention his lack of size and terrible mechanics. did i mention how dumb he is?

you have a picture of jim morrison as an avatar and you are worried about how dumb colt brennan is. you must be the king of stupidity. dumb is when a guy overdoses on drugs at 27 years of age. that is just incredibly stupid, yet you worship him.

brennan made restitution for his mistake. a good article on that on the internet. davone bess was in trouble too ( his wide receiver) but they both turned their lives around. they now visit juvenile detention centers and speak to troubled kids about overcoming mistakes.

you have a picture of jim morrison as an avatar and you are worried about how dumb colt brennan is. you must be the king of stupidity. dumb is when a guy overdoses on drugs at 27 years of age. that is just incredibly stupid, yet you worship him.

brennan made restitution for his mistake. a good article on that on the internet. davone bess was in trouble too ( his wide receiver) but they both turned their lives around. they now visit juvenile detention centers and speak to troubled kids about overcoming mistakes.

lawls, i would love an upgrade from dogfighting to just whipping out the wedding tackle. i know the girl must be so happy that he finally learned to not just pull it out when he feels like it. though he's a horrible quarterback that is the most obvious product of a system in the ncaa, i like this thread just because i like his hawaii tat.

i don't expect anyone to be blown away by colt's stats because of the schedule he plays, but to say he's "stupid" tells me you nothing about him. how many athletes these days would come back for his senior season, giving up millions, because he "likes the person he's become in hawaii". he basically came back for his senior year to become a better man and to help the university that helped him when no one else would. he also spends countless saturday's in the offseason working with kids all over oahu and is the most accessable heisman candidate you'd ever want to meet. i swear to god, every kid on this island must have his autograph cause he won't leave until everyone's got one.

does this say anything about what kind of qb he'd be for the falcons, of course not. we'll see how he does at the senior bowl and combine. but to say he's "stupid" is actually the most stupid thing i've ever read on this board.