here is 3 possible drafts with our top 5 picks , pick and choose who you like .

Draftnut57

let me say to start with that i htink we should take most our fa $ and put it on the best two ol in facy. and if we have any left i hope we get the rb turner from sd so we can focus on other needs in the draft , but i really want j stewart about as bad as any player i have in these mocks.

#1 possible draft imo

1.matt ryan qb { i hope we can find a gem in fa like d anderson but that is doubtful! }

2.jonathan stewart rb { love this pick }

2.chris williams ot { who ever is best ot right here }

3.demario pressley dt { he is ranked here right now but could rise imo , love this pick also }

4.jonathan goff ilb { him or moffitt righ here would be nice }

5.best kicker with this pick who ever that may be .

#2 possible draft imo

1.glenn dorsey dt { i hope we do get a qb threw facy so we can pick him or mcfadden }

2.jonathan stewart rb { if we don't get mcfadden we have to get stewart }

2.mike jenkins cb { i think we will have to get a c to replace hall who i think we will trade }

3.kirk barton ot { we need a good ot in this draft }

4.ben moffitt ilb { him or goff will do }

#3 possible draft imo

1.darren mcfadden rb { we must take him or stewart , best 2 in the draft .}

2.jonathan zenon cb { we need a top cb just in case }

2.phillip wheeler ilb { ranked here but could be the best one in the draft. }

3.barry richardson ot { we could use the best ot at this point , a lot of depth and good ots in this draft .}

4.kentwan balmor dt { we must draft at least 1 real good dt }

1.matt ryan qb { i hope we can find a gym in fa like d anderson but that is doubtful! }

first, i am confused as to why matt ryan is the only option for any of the qbs. regardless of whether you like him more than brohm/woodson, we are allowed to draft a qb in a round other than the 1st.

second, what is a "gym" like d anderson?

i think that people forget that the browns have a really good ol. they signed steinbach in the offseason, draft joe thomas, and have some other solid players. that, and they have two go-to guys in braylon edwards & kellen winslow, and derek anderson is in good shape. i think you meant "gem", and that is a title i am not willing to give to derek anderson.

i completely disagree with the notion that we should spend our $$ on fa ol. first off, our most pressing need for the ol is lt, and there is not a solid lt available in the fa market. secondly, teams generally overpay (way overpay) for good ol talent. notice the top two teams in the league, the pats & colts, have drafted all their ol talent. it is the cheaper way to go, but it also enables that money to be spend on keeping your players.

if we do spend money in facy, it should be on a power rb, one not named michael turner. turner will also command way more money than he deserves. what we need is a complement to norwood, not a premier rb.

our mistakes of not drafting ol talent thus far will not be fixed by spending money. we need to reverse the trend and start drafting ol, and instead of spending money in facy, it should be spent on keeping our players, our players.

i'd rather have the best ot available in this draft and a 2nd round qb than the best qb in the draft and a 2nd round ot.

sure, both positions are reasonably deep, but there isn't that much of a falloff of talent from the 1st to 2nd round at qb, but there is a big one at ot. the falloff between somebody like michael oher and somebody like a barry richardson/king dunlap is huge, but the talent falloff from brian brohm to somebody like a colt brennan isn't that significant.

that is true of qbs but not high pick ots. joe thomas, levi brown, and tony ugoh all started from day 1. brown has been injured but thomas and ugoh are doing quite well.

brown has been a pathetic waste of space, and ugoh's operating in the right system for him, though he has been far from perfect. thomas is having far and away the best season, and he actually has the feet to protect the quarterback. such natural mobility for a linemen is rare, thomas is able to compensate for his current faults with his feet and strength. long does not have the feet for that, and if he did start, it would have to be at right tackle his rookie season.

i'd rather have the best ot available in this draft and a 2nd round qb than the best qb in the draft and a 2nd round ot.

sure, both positions are reasonably deep, but there isn't that much of a falloff of talent from the 1st to 2nd round at qb, but there is a big one at ot. the falloff between somebody like michael oher and somebody like a barry richardson/king dunlap is huge, but the talent falloff from brian brohm to somebody like a colt brennan isn't that significant.

i'd rather have mcfadden and then a quarterback and a tackle in the second, then a new center in the third.

fact: brown is a starter on an o-line that has had vast improvement in run blocking and pass protection since last year.

fact: ugoh replaced a former pro-bowler at the most important position on the o-line and they still have one of the best o-lines.

so yes...high pick ots can start their rookie year (thomas, brown, ugoh, and even staley). high pick qbs usually do not (see jamarcus russell and brady quinn).

the cardinal's line was already improving. how brown gets a claim in that when he's benched a couple of times is a mystery to me. seems like he's the weak link, if anything, that line just got some better coaching.

ugoh has done enough, i should mention that he was a second round pick, too. it was not a good position to put him in, but all things considered he has done better than they could have, or should have, expected. i don't like taking that kind of risk, though.

of the scenarios, i prefer #1. however, i'm yet to be sold on ryan as a top 5-10 pick. i'm much more in favor of brohm who i feel has lost his luster only because of louisville's disappointing season. but to be frank, brohm has actually played at or above previous levels this year. plus, his familiarity with petrino and the offense is a big edge coming out of college.

i like rb in round 2. as you can see from my mock, i would go after mike hart but only because i'd be picking him with the 2nd #1 and stewart will be gone by then. and williams is fine. my primo ot prospect is phil loadholt who i would prefer over stewart if available. but i suspect he'll be a mid-to-high 1st rounder should be come out and go through the post-season activities. right now, people are talking about him in late 1st/early 2nd type terms.

goff is a fine mlb prospect as well.

question(s) for you:

1. would you trade deangelo? imo, yes because bad teams don't need to be signing overrated cb's to $100 million neighborhood deals. if you would, what would you take/settle for?

2. why no brohm? why ryan? why no woodson for that matter...?

i like your ideas... if you're going to talk about us trading dhall though, shouldn't we have an extra pick or 2? or do you see us trading him for another player?

yes , i think we can get a 1 for him, but i don't like putting in picks we dont have yet, if you know what i mean.

i would like either #1 or #2 best , and would like 2 best if we could grab a good qb somewhere .

here's what i want our offensive line to look like in the next year or two.

michael oher - justin blalock - jonathan luigs/doug datish - john greco - chris williams

that's 3-4 draft picks in the top 4 rounds this coming draft on ol alone. i still want us to pick up a qb, jonathan stewart, and mlb in the draft. that's 6-7 picks in 4 rounds. we pretty much have to trade down in the first round if we want that, though i'd be completely comfortable with us taking oher at #1 overall.

option #1. get our franchise qb and jonothan stewart? my god would that be amazing, even though i don't think stewart will last till the second round.

well ,from what i've seen stewart is ranked at 48 without the jrs , i know it may change and i wouldn't doubt for a minute that stewart ends up in the first . i'd like to trade up from our 2nd t oget him thou, and keep our first pick and take either ryan or dorsey with our 1st

i may can agree with the over hype of mcf , but ryan is a good qb

jonathan stewart>darren mcfadden as a rb. in terms of an overall weapon, sure, mcfadden has it, but he just reminds me of a reggie bush clone on a less talented team.

matt ryan is probably this draft class's 2nd best qb. i think woodson is the better pro prospect, and he gives kentucky a fighting chance in every game. their defense loses games for them.

i take andre woodsen with our first pick if he's available. if not mike teel or matt ryan. woodsen runs an nfl offense now, and has all of the tools. matt ryan runs a pro-style offense in most aspects. mike teel also runs a pro-style offense.

with our second pick (wishful thinking has me hoping it's an additional first rounder as compensation for me-hall) i take the best lineman available.

our second rounder, i take kevin smith. the kid is going to be the real deal at the next level.

i'd have to look at a few mock drafts to decide who would be available in the 3rd and beyond.

well ,from what i've seen stewart is ranked at 48 without the jrs , i know it may change and i wouldn't doubt for a minute that stewart ends up in the first . i'd like to trade up from our 2nd t oget him thou, and keep our first pick and take either ryan or dorsey with our 1st

if its between dorsey and ryan, ill take dorsey all day long...

matt ryan is not worth a top 5 pick!! i would think about trading back into the 1st if he fell like quinn did, but

no way would i take ryan or any other qb in the top 5.