people who want mcfadden have been saying "but look at what peterson has done for minnesota!"

halsey

peterson is a great rb who's made some fantastic runs and put up nice stats, but like any rb, he can't do much to help a team without a starting quality qb and other major holes. i guess some people like stats and highlights more than wins. i understand that mcfadden would be fun to watch and would sell tickets, but a team with so many holes should think hard about using a first round pick on a rb. it hasn't done much in the win column for minnesota....or buffalo for that matter.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peterson is a great rb who's made some fantastic runs and put up nice stats, but like any rb, he can't do much to help a team without a starting quality qb and other major holes. i guess some people like stats and highlights more than wins. i understand that mcfadden would be fun to watch and would sell tickets, but a team with so many holes should think hard about using a first round pick on a rb. it hasn't done much in the win column for minnesota....or buffalo for that matter.

luckily for us, the draft is deep in our two most needed positions (ot and qb). that gives us the flexibility to take bpa, whether it be dorsey or mcfadden.

if dorsey and long are gone, we'd almost have to take mcfadden. i'd rather auction the pick off, though.... especially if dallas were willing to give up both of their 1st round picks to get him.

now that is something i'd love to do. do like the lions did with johnson this year, and ask for a lot. if no takers, then draft him and don't look back.

if dorsey and long are gone, we'd almost have to take mcfadden. i'd rather auction the pick off, though.... especially if dallas were willing to give up both of their 1st round picks to get him.

i'm all about trading down. i don't think the falcons have to take anybody. he's this year's version of a "once in a lifetime rb!!" like bush and peterson were. there's always some exciting rb or wr who's hypeded as a once in a lifetime player. once they start playing in the league it becomes clear that no starting quality qb and a crappy line = an offense that can't score.

i'm all about trading down. i don't think the falcons have to take anybody. he's this year's version of a "once in a lifetime rb!!" like bush and peterson were. there's always some exciting rb or wr who's hypeded as a once in a lifetime player. once they start playing in the league it becomes clear that no starting quality qb and a crappy line = an offense that can't score.

he definitely isn't one of those backs. people have been coveting him since he was a freshman, same with ad.

ok, so what has he done for minnesota?

he's leading the nfl in rushing for them. since his stated vocation is running back, that's pretty much the max of what he can do. if that's not enough, the responsibility falls on the other 45 guys on game day (except the guys blocking for him). looking at it a different way just to drive the point home, minnesota has 10 offensive tds. mr. peterson has 6 of them. in fact, minnesota's defense has the same number of tds as minnesota's offense outside of mr. peterson with 4. without him, their offense would be historically bad.

luckily for us, the draft is deep in our two most needed positions (ot and qb). that gives us the flexibility to take bpa, whether it be dorsey or mcfadden.

however, unluckily for us, it is deep, but has no true superstar. there is no obvious #1 pick for either position. andre woodson, brian brohm, and matt ryan have failed to solidify who is truely #1 qb, and all of the ots have their own respective faults.

i am not for drafting mcfadden, but this would point toward him being the top pick. glenn dorsey would be the other. neither have a counterpart of equal talent in the draft, and i would like to think that both are worthy of their top 5 status. the same, imo, can not be said for any of the qbs or ots. i think we could possibly get a better ot or qb in the later rounds than any of the projected 1st rounders.

however, unluckily for us, it is deep, but has no true superstar. there is no obvious #1 pick for either position. andre woodson, brian brohm, and matt ryan have failed to solidify who is truely #1 qb, and all of the ots have their own respective faults.

i am not for drafting mcfadden, but this would point toward him being the top pick. glenn dorsey would be the other. neither have a counterpart of equal talent in the draft, and i would like to think that both are worthy of their top 5 status. the same, imo, can not be said for any of the qbs or ots. i think we could possibly get a better ot or qb in the later rounds than any of the projected 1st rounders.

my sentiments exactly, except for the fact that i believe long has established himself as the #1 ot in the draft, but the margin is not great enough to justify passing on dorsey or dmc.

my sentiments exactly, except for the fact that i believe long has established himself as the #1 ot in the draft, but the margin is not great enough to justify passing on dorsey or dmc.

long may have esatblished himself as the #1 ot, but so did robert gallery in his draft class.

i personally don't like long, my favorite is tony hills out of texas.

now that is something i'd love to do. do like the lions did with johnson this year, and ask for a lot. if no takers, then draft him and don't look back.

thats my attitude for it too.

if dorsey isnt there, bag mcfadden (im getting wary of jake long by the day...) and either trade him away or keep him if we dont get fair value according to us. because we hold the cards.

long may have esatblished himself as the #1 ot, but so did robert gallery in his draft class.

i personally don't like long, my favorite is tony hills out of texas.

im very wary of long right now... hes a great run blocker but we dont need great run blockers. he has trouble with speed rushers and im not spending a top 5 pick on a rt...

tony hills, despite being slightly undersized for the scheme (thats before he adds 10-15 pounds on an nfl caliber diet and weight training program) is one of the few players in this draft that is a consensus lt in the nfl, and if we can get him in the 2nd round i would be absolutely extatic. then he and foster could platoon at lt until (hopefully) hills becomes the starter. but that would be good depth at lt.

he's leading the nfl in rushing for them. since his stated vocation is running back, that's pretty much the max of what he can do. if that's not enough, the responsibility falls on the other 45 guys on game day (except the guys blocking for him). looking at it a different way just to drive the point home, minnesota has 10 offensive tds. mr. peterson has 6 of them. in fact, minnesota's defense has the same number of tds as minnesota's offense outside of mr. peterson with 4. without him, their offense would be historically bad.

that's right. that's the max he can do. a rb can only do so much which is why a team with no starting quality qb and a poor o-line should probably not take a rb.

tony hills, despite being slightly undersized for the scheme (thats before he adds 10-15 pounds on an nfl caliber diet and weight training program) is one of the few players in this draft that is a consensus lt in the nfl, and if we can get him in the 2nd round i would be absolutely extatic. then he and foster could platoon at lt until (hopefully) hills becomes the starter. but that would be good depth at lt.

if we found ourselves in the position to trade down, and end up with two 1st round picks, i wouldn't mind spending a late 1st on a future start lt. his stock could rise or fall between now and then, but i like his potential, and as i have said before, the fact that he has already played with blalock certainly isn't a bad thing.

so did tony boselli. jonathan ogden and orlando pace. what's your point?

that just because he is the top ot in the class doesn't mean he is worth a top 5 pick. this is a deep class, but in any other year, would long be in the top 5?

i don't want to be in the position of the 49ers with the top pick a few years ago. alex smith may end up being a great qb, but in any other year, he wouldn't have been the top pick. had leinart come out that year, he would have immediately supplanted him as the best qb. if you have to question whether a guy like jared gaither would be ahead of long in the rankings, it makes me not want to waste such a high pick on jake long.

that just because he is the top ot in the class doesn't mean he is worth a top 5 pick. this is a deep class, but in any other year, would long be in the top 5?

i don't want to be in the position of the 49ers with the top pick a few years ago. alex smith may end up being a great qb, but in any other year, he wouldn't have been the top pick. had leinart come out that year, he would have immediately supplanted him as the best qb. if you have to question whether a guy like jared gaither would be ahead of long in the rankings, it makes me not want to waste such a high pick on jake long.

i don't know where long would be any year. unlike a lot of people on these boards, i don't pretend to watch michigan games and scout jake long.

the whole "this is a deep class" is an argument used to push an agenda for a certain player. more often than not it's someone believing what they want to believe.

i don't know where long would be any year. unlike a lot of people on these boards, i don't pretend to watch michigan games and scout jake long.

the whole "this is a deep class" is an argument used to push an agenda for a certain player. more often than not it's someone believing what they want to believe.

......... or it is someone who would rather draft bpa, and in this case a lt (or a true lt, as i believe jake long is best suited a rt) could be as easily found in the 1st round as it could in the 2nd or 3rd, and not be considered a "steal".

give me a jonathan ogden or orlando pace with our 1st round pick, and i will take it 7 days a week.

......... or it is someone who would rather draft bpa, and in this case a lt (or a true lt, as i believe jake long is best suited a rt) could be as easily found in the 1st round as it could in the 2nd or 3rd, and not be considered a "steal".

give me a jonathan ogden or orlando pace with our 1st round pick, and i will take it 7 days a week.

this whole thing about long playing rt has popped since somebody posted a link to a scouting report, from 1 website, stating thier opinion that long will be an rt in the pros. it happens ever year. 1 scouting report comes up that some people like and they run with it because they like it better than what all the other scouting reports said.

this whole thing about long playing rt has popped since somebody posted a link to a scouting report, from 1 website, stating thier opinion that long will be an rt in the pros. it happens ever year. 1 scouting report comes up that some people like and they run with it because they like it better than what all the other scouting reports said.

why is it impossible for you to believe that someone may have watched jake long and developed their own opinion?