the best mock draft you'll see...

gimmesomo

warning: these picks are not gambles nor are they reaches they are realistically researched and hopefully future playmakers for this franchise.

1st round- brian brohm,6'4-227, qb, louisville (i'd rather get dixon in the late 1st or early 2nd but this is the pick that's realistic and makes sense, brohm's had a lot more good/great games than bad ones and he's not only built for the position but our system and our needs)

2nd round- jeff otah,6'6-340, ot, pittsburgh (there's a good chance you'll see 3 ot go in the 1st, hopefully this guys not one of them because he's an anchor and a team leader and that's what this oline needs big time)

2nd round- quintin demps,6'0-205, fs, utep (considering kenny phillips and simeion castille will probably be gone, demps is the next best thing with stats like 67 tackles & 7 interceptions as a junior with 3 interceptions this year, all i'm seeing is: playmaker and if your upset with this pick, i'm sorry but jimmy williams is not built for the position he'll probably make a decent backup though)

3rd round- tavares gooden,6'2-235, ilb, miami (this position is so stuffed that guys like dan connor, phillip wheeler and james laurainitis will come flying off the board. i'd really like rey mauluga but this guy shows me what i'd want to see in an ilb. he is a lb in the mold of johnathan vilma, d.j. williams and jon beason. big, fast and aggressive. leads the team in tackles and....c'mon he's coming outta the u! hopefully he'll still be on the board)

4th round- charles godfrey,6'0-208 cb, iowa (i bet you guys are scratching your heads by now! godfrey is tied for 3rd in the nation with 4 interceptions! last year he won the team's "hustle award" with 83 tackles and 2 ints. his size, speed (4.38), stats and charcter leads me to believe this guy is a potential steal and a definite playmaker that we'll need whether dhall stays or goes!)

5th round - shannon tevaga,6'3-318, og, ucla (hopefully the front office will be wise enough to sign alan faneca but whether they do or not tevaga can shore up our line initially and probably start in a few years)

6th round- jason shirley,6'5-332, dt, fresno state (o.k. here's the issue this guy is suspended for the rest of the season on suspicion of two misdeameanors? nevertheless he is 6'5, 330 with a 5.08 40, whatever he may have done isnt cause enough to disregard the physical prowess i'm suspecting. we could definitely use a guy like this! call it another 6th round steal!)

7th round- benjarvus green-ellis,5'11-220, rb, mississippi (i know "a back in the 7th!!!" but this draft is deep what can i say! anyhow, we need a power running back and if michael turner isnt our guy then this one is. last year he was the team's work horse and a 1000 yrd rusher and he can catch out of the backfield. mckay pull the trigger! if he's alreaday picked then i opt for lance ball,5'9-220, rb, maryland same build as green-ellis with a little more quickness)

i can only pray our front office doesn't reach and chooses the proven playmakers. this is the first mock that can hold weight right now so read 'em an weep...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

best mock draft... blink.gifblink.gif ... ya right.. that is one ugly mock draft... lol.. but anyways.. say no to brohm... james davis in the second.. we don't need another fs that early.... need to draft a kicker... like brandon couto... brian brohm is soooo over rated its not even funny.. if you really want to draft a qb.. go ryan or woodson..

warning: these picks are not gambles nor are they reaches they are realistically researched and hopefully future playmakers for this franchise.

1st round- brian brohm,6'4-227, qb, louisville (i'd rather get dixon in the late 1st or early 2nd but this is the pick that's realistic and makes sense, brohm's had a lot more good/great games than bad ones and he's not only built for the position but our system and our needs)

2nd round- jeff otah,6'6-340, ot, pittsburgh (there's a good chance you'll see 3 ot go in the 1st, hopefully this guys not one of them because he's an anchor and a team leader and that's what this oline needs big time)

2nd round- quintin demps,6'0-205, fs, utep (considering kenny phillips and simeion castille will probably be gone, demps is the next best thing with stats like 67 tackles & 7 interceptions as a junior with 3 interceptions this year, all i'm seeing is: playmaker and if your upset with this pick, i'm sorry but jimmy williams is not built for the position he'll probably make a decent backup though)

3rd round- tavares gooden,6'2-235, ilb, miami (this position is so stuffed that guys like dan connor, phillip wheeler and james laurainitis will come flying off the board. i'd really like rey mauluga but this guy shows me what i'd want to see in an ilb. he is a lb in the mold of johnathan vilma, d.j. williams and jon beason. big, fast and aggressive. leads the team in tackles and....c'mon he's coming outta the u! hopefully he'll still be on the board)

4th round- charles godfrey,6'0-208 cb, iowa (i bet you guys are scratching your heads by now! godfrey is tied for 3rd in the nation with 4 interceptions! last year he won the team's "hustle award" with 83 tackles and 2 ints. his size, speed (4.38), stats and charcter leads me to believe this guy is a potential steal and a definite playmaker that we'll need whether dhall stays or goes!)

5th round - shannon tevaga,6'3-318, og, ucla (hopefully the front office will be wise enough to sign alan faneca but whether they do or not tevaga can shore up our line initially and probably start in a few years)

6th round- jason shirley,6'5-332, dt, fresno state (o.k. here's the issue this guy is suspended for the rest of the season on suspicion of two misdeameanors? nevertheless he is 6'5, 330 with a 5.08 40, whatever he may have done isnt cause enough to disregard the physical prowess i'm suspecting. we could definitely use a guy like this! call it another 6th round steal!)

7th round- benjarvus green-ellis,5'11-220, rb, mississippi (i know "a back in the 7th!!!" but this draft is deep what can i say! anyhow, we need a power running back and if michael turner isnt our guy then this one is. last year he was the team's work horse and a 1000 yrd rusher and he can catch out of the backfield. mckay pull the trigger! if he's alreaday picked then i opt for lance ball,5'9-220, rb, maryland same build as green-ellis with a little more quickness)

i can only pray our front office doesn't reach and chooses the proven playmakers. this is the first mock that can hold weight right now so read 'em an weep...

brian brohm **** no!! have u seen him play? hes thrown almost as many picks as he has tds. i would rather stick with leftwitch, and get laurenitis a mlb from ohio state.

well then it's not a mock draft but our official draft.

god i hope we dont take a qb this year, we need to get other problems fixed first. no qb will be any good on thier back!! not peyton manning, not tom brady, not dan marino, not troy aikmen, not joe montana, not bret farve, not brian brohm, no one

god i hope we dont take a qb this year, we need to get other problems fixed first. no qb will be any good on thier back!! not peyton manning, not tom brady, not dan marino, not troy aikmen, not joe montana, not bret farve, not brian brohm, no one

this is a deep qb class (although there isn't a top 5 worthy one), and doesn't look to be a strength in the next few, so take a young guy to groom behind joey or byron.

this is a deep qb class (although there isn't a top 5 worthy one), and doesn't look to be a strength in the next few, so take a young guy to groom behind joey or byron.

i guess im not impressed with any of these qbs coming out this year. but i really like tim tebow, and todd boeckman is really looking good. he reminds me of tom brady when he played in college. and who says you have to spend a first round pick to get a great qb? deffinatly not the patriots

i'd love to take a qb 1st, but there's not one worthy.

i agree that we need the ol fixed first. lt is a priority, and jake long would be nice. i've been begging for ol help for 5 years now every offseason, and atl has constantly proven that they won't pick one in the 1st round. more likely, we'll see them make a dt or mlb our 1st pick overall. i wish we could pick up a franchise ot, just to lock it in.

it also depends on how much say petrino has in the draft, because since the first day he was here i know he was thinking about brohm. i bet thats why brohm didn't declare this year, petrino told him that we were gonna go with vick for one more year, then we'll take brohm.

(granted, this is just a stretch, but i bet petrino does push for brohm.)

i guess im not impressed with any of these qbs coming out this year. but i really like tim tebow, and todd boeckman is really looking good. he reminds me of tom brady when he played in college. and who says you have to spend a first round pick to get a great qb? deffinatly not the patriots

i like tebow too, but he's not gonna be eligible for another year, two years if he stays for his senior year. and even at that, i don't know if he's a franchise qb to lead us to the promised land.

oh, i don't think we should take one in the first either (unless we had a shot at ryan mid-1st).

i'd love to take a qb 1st, but there's not one worthy.

i agree that we need the ol fixed first. lt is a priority, and jake long would be nice. i've been begging for ol help for 5 years now every offseason, and atl has constantly proven that they won't pick one in the 1st round. more likely, we'll see them make a dt or mlb our 1st pick overall. i wish we could pick up a franchise ot, just to lock it in.

it also depends on how much say petrino has in the draft, because since the first day he was here i know he was thinking about brohm. i bet thats why brohm didn't declare this year, petrino told him that we were gonna go with vick for one more year, then we'll take brohm.

(granted, this is just a stretch, but i bet petrino does push for brohm.)

i agree with you to get long, but if he isnt there laurenitis!! the animal

god, laurinaitis is slowly becoming my favorite player in this draft. i can't see anyone justifying taking a mlb top 5, possibly top 3, so i doubt we'll get him.

ya it is a little early for a mlb, but its a position we will need to improve this offseason. brooking should go back to the weak side linebacker, he isnt stout enough against the run to justify keeping him a mlb. or dorsey would be awesome if he falls to us

best mock draft... blink.gifblink.gif ... ya right.. that is one ugly mock draft... lol.. but anyways.. say no to brohm... james davis in the second.. we don't need another fs that early.... need to draft a kicker... like brandon couto... brian brohm is soooo over rated its not even funny.. if you really want to draft a qb.. go ryan or woodson..

i wouldn't take brohm with the first pick. there will be a very good qb available in the second round, especially if graham harrell from tt declares. as a matter of fact, i'd take both colt brennan and graham over brohm. i watched brohm again this weekend, and he is a joey harrington clone, except he checks down even more than joey does. i'm praying miami and chicago pick before we do so we aren't tempted to take brohm.

celtik

god, laurinaitis is slowly becoming my favorite player in this draft. i can't see anyone justifying taking a mlb top 5, possibly top 3, so i doubt we'll get him.

doesn't gb have a rookie mlb starting? and isn't he the leader on their defense already? they don't seem to be doing to poorly.

celtik

note to everyone:

fix the offensive line, first!!!!!!

how many years do we have to beg for this?????????

come on! get it done! (blalock was a start, but we need more!)