i'm so tired of these sucky mock drafts that i'm give you a realistic one!!!

gimmesomo

warning: these picks are not gambles nor are they reaches they are realistically researched and hopefully future playmakers for this franchise.

1st round- brian brohm,6'4-227, qb, louisville (i'd rather get dixon in the late 1st or early 2nd but this is the pick that's realistic and makes sense, brohm's had a lot more good/great games than bad ones and he's not only built for the position but our system and our needs)

2nd round- jeff otah,6'6-340, ot, pittsburgh (there's a good chance you'll see 3 ot go in the 1st, hopefully this guys not one of them because he's an anchor and a team leader and that's what this oline needs big time)

2nd round- quintin demps,6'0-205, fs, utep (considering kenny phillips and simeion castille will probably be gone, demps is the next best thing with stats like 67 tackles & 7 interceptions as a junior with 3 interceptions this year, all i'm seeing is: playmaker and if your upset with this pick, i'm sorry but jimmy williams is not built for the position he'll probably make a decent backup though)

3rd round- tavares gooden,6'2-235, ilb, miami (this position is so stuffed that guys like dan connor, phillip wheeler and james laurainitis will come flying off the board. i'd really like rey mauluga but this guy shows me what i'd want to see in an ilb. he is a lb in the mold of johnathan vilma, d.j. williams and jon beason. big, fast and aggressive. leads the team in tackles and....c'mon he's coming outta the u! hopefully he'll still be on the board)

4th round- charles godfrey,6'0-208 cb, iowa (i bet you guys are scratching your heads by now! godfrey is tied for 3rd in the nation with 4 interceptions! last year he won the team's "hustle award" with 83 tackles and 2 ints. his size, speed (4.38), stats and charcter leads me to believe this guy is a potential steal and a definite playmaker that we'll need whether dhall stays or goes!)

5th round - shannon tevaga,6'3-318, og, ucla (hopefully the front office will be wise enough to sign alan faneca but whether they do or not tevaga can shore up our line initially and probably start in a few years)

6th round- jason shirley,6'5-332, dt, fresno state (o.k. here's the issue this guy is suspended for the rest of the season on suspicion of two misdeameanors? nevertheless he is 6'5, 330 with a 5.08 40, whatever he may have done isnt cause enough to disregard the physical prowess i'm suspecting. we could definitely use a guy like this! call it another 6th round steal!)

7th round- benjarvus green-ellis,5'11-220, rb, mississippi (i know a back in the 7th!!! but this draft is deep what can i say! anyhow, we need a power running back and if michael turner isnt our guy then this one is. last year he was the team's work horse and a 1000 yrd rusher and he can catch out of the backfield. mckay pull the trigger! if he's alreaday picked then i opt for lance ball,5'9-220, rb, maryland same build as green-ellis with a little more quickness)

i can only pray our front office doesn't reach and chooses the proven playmakers. this is the first mock that can hold weight right now so read 'em an weep...

a few things. if godfrey is as good as you think he is, then he definitely won't be there in the 4th round. cornerbacks are the most coveted position (outside of qb) in the nfl, and teams will reach for them. also, the way goodell is cracking down on players in this league, we will -not- be taking a guy who has been suspended the entire year due to legal troubles. i like the first two picks, and quentin demps, but i have seen better, especially with no kicker (when that is a -huge- need).

ive been noticing this a lot lately, but is there something wrong with tevaga that is pushing him out of the 3rd-4th round range? what makes everyone think he will fall 1-2 rounds further than ive seen people rank him?

i dont like brohm in the 1st, id much rather end up with glen dorsey, dmac or maybe even better, trade down and add more picks later.

jeff otah is good, good pick.

dont like a fs pick. jimmy has played better this year and we need to give him more than half a year at a new position after playing cb last year before we draft his replacement. no way will we draft one this year. i would not be opposed to adding one like mike doss in facy however, because he could be depth at ss and fs, and start if jimmy wasnt ready or wasnt developing. dont like this idea at all.

good pick, if there is one thing zimmer wants in his lbs it is speed. i liek this pick.

i know a good amount about this kid, ive watched him play a few times on the big ten network (i live in minnesota) so his 4 ints arent a surprise to me. good idea with this pick, you can never have enoguh cb depth. and imagine if dhall, houston, irons and godfrey all panned out! that would be a very nice secondary, and more importantly, a deep one.

given his trouble with the law, i really doubt we go after this guy. just an idea, how about looking at titus brown, de, mississippi state? hes a good pass rusher, and we could plug him in behind abraham at re.

i dont think he will fall this far, thats jmo. i thought hed be in the 4th-5th round range, much earlier than the 7th.

i like some of your picks, but im not a fan of brohm, the fs in the 2nd, and shirley in the 6th. and i dont think your 5th and 7th round picks are too realistic, although i like the players. i just think that they will go earlier than you have them by a couple rounds. but that is just my opinion. overall, good mock.

ive been noticing this a lot lately, but is there something wrong with tevaga that is pushing him out of the 3rd-4th round range? what makes everyone think he will fall 1-2 rounds further than ive seen people rank him?

i dont like brohm in the 1st, id much rather end up with glen dorsey, dmac or maybe even better, trade down and add more picks later.

jeff otah is good, good pick.

dont like a fs pick. jimmy has played better this year and we need to give him more than half a year at a new position after playing cb last year before we draft his replacement. no way will we draft one this year. i would not be opposed to adding one like mike doss in facy however, because he could be depth at ss and fs, and start if jimmy wasnt ready or wasnt developing. dont like this idea at all.

good pick, if there is one thing zimmer wants in his lbs it is speed. i liek this pick.

i know a good amount about this kid, ive watched him play a few times on the big ten network (i live in minnesota) so his 4 ints arent a surprise to me. good idea with this pick, you can never have enoguh cb depth. and imagine if dhall, houston, irons and godfrey all panned out! that would be a very nice secondary, and more importantly, a deep one.

given his trouble with the law, i really doubt we go after this guy. just an idea, how about looking at titus brown, de, mississippi state? hes a good pass rusher, and we could plug him in behind abraham at re.

i dont think he will fall this far, thats jmo. i thought hed be in the 4th-5th round range, much earlier than the 7th.

i like some of your picks, but im not a fan of brohm, the fs in the 2nd, and shirley in the 6th. and i dont think your 5th and 7th round picks are too realistic, although i like the players. i just think that they will go earlier than you have them by a couple rounds. but that is just my opinion. overall, good mock.

this is a link about the teams needs check it out

http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2008.html

i watch all the games thank you very much, i feel i have a perfectly good idea of what our needs are. i dont need to read it off of a draft website that ive never even looked at for draft information to figure out what we need.

and if that guy thinks we need a fs, hed be right. but we have one, hes just developing. give jimmy a chance, he deserves more than 7 games to prove he can play at fs.