option if dmc is on the board when we pick...

brunna777

what is a best case scenario for us if dmc is available when we pick?

obviously we could keep him, but im not sure he would be our best option at this point... although i wouldnt be upset

if the fo went with him.

dallas has the fire power to initiate a trade, but will they give up most of their draft for him?

other teams will be interested too... but what will it take for one of them to attempt a trade?

1st round(2008), 1st round(2009), 2nd(2008)??

would you accept a 1st and a player only(eg. lance briggs/jonathon vilma- i know he is injured)

what is the value of a 2009 1st round pick, if a team used one in a trade? does anyone know how this works?

just interested to see what you guys think...

i don't think that dallas will have a great desire for mcfadden. they have a decent rb duo of their own. but, if a trade would be made, how about this:

falcons give up their firsrt round pick (the rights to mcfadden).

dallas gives up their earliest first rounder (probably cleveland's pick) and

barber.

vilma has been a very good player, but he is often injured and has too much tread off his tires. we would be better off drafting our mlb.

oh god that is an awesome idea. id love to trade the #3 pick (probably mcfadden) to the cowboys for their 1st and marion barber. that would be amazing!!! barber and norwood would tear it up.

i wonder if they would do that... probably not, but who knows.

**** that is fun to think about...

i don't think that it would be a smart move for dallas, but it is fun to think about. who knows, maybe jerry jones would love the marketting angle of having mcfadden, to and romo. knowing him, he would market them as the new : smith, irving and aikman.

i don't think that it would be a smart move for dallas, but it is fun to think about. who knows, maybe jerry jones would love the marketting angle of having mcfadden, to and romo. knowing him, he would market them as the new : smith, irving and aikman.

i dont think it would be smart either because i love marion barber and i think hes going to be one of the best in the nfl, given the 2 back system obviously.

however, you also have a good point about that. they are surprisingly similar actually, at least irvin and to are. laugh.gif

i'd like to see us trade for derek anderson, the guy is putting up serious (almost brady-like) numbers in cle, outside of the 26 or whatever td passes brady has, behind a dismal o line and all but braylon edwards at wr are mediocre. he throws well, spreads it around, checks down, and seems to read d schemes pretty well too. rumor is browns will want a 1st and 3rd round pick, but with their d as sloppy as it is, esp. at cb, i think they'd go for d hall and a 3rd. keep the draft of mcfadden, have him and norwood in the backfield........ if we get him.

just a thought, what do you guys think?

no way will anyone give up a 1st and 3rd for derek anderson.

and if we trade deangelo hall for derek anderson i will have a heart attack... and im 17 years old.

i think rich mckay would have to get in an accident that caused severe brain damage to accept a trade that sent a 23 year old pro-bowl corner to the browns for a qb that i might give up a 2nd round pick for.

i'd like to see us trade for derek anderson, the guy is putting up serious (almost brady-like) numbers in cle, outside of the 26 or whatever td passes brady has, behind a dismal o line and all but braylon edwards at wr are mediocre. he throws well, spreads it around, checks down, and seems to read d schemes pretty well too. rumor is browns will want a 1st and 3rd round pick, but with their d as sloppy as it is, esp. at cb, i think they'd go for d hall and a 3rd. keep the draft of mcfadden, have him and norwood in the backfield........ if we get him.

just a thought, what do you guys think?

deangelo and a 3rd for anderson??

let see... duel pro bowl corner and a 3rd, for a 6th round? qb who is putting up nice numbers...

mckay would be getting the rough end of a pineapple shoved up his ###### if he fell for that deal. i would prefer

to deal him to a team that gives us a 1st and maybe more for him. plenty of teams will show interest in hall

if he wants a trade, thats one thing we can be sure of...

i don't think that dallas will have a great desire for mcfadden. they have a decent rb duo of their own. but, if a trade would be made, how about this:

barber.

vilma has been a very good player, but he is often injured and has too much tread off his tires. we would be better off drafting our mlb.

i've seen several places say that dallas would be a team that might move up for mcfadden. i don't see the reasoning behind it either. they have 2 solid backs in jones & barber. the only thing i can figure is that jerry jones was a arkansas player in the 60's & is still a huge razorback supporter & his meddling might say give up whatever it takes for him, but outside of that, i don't see it.

i wouldn't take anything less than both their 1st, a 3rd, and barber for the pick. (based on the current standings of cleveland picking 13th & dallas being the nfc rep in the sb giving them pick 31 and us currently having the 3rd pick)

barber.

what have you been smoking dude? this injury is the only injury vilma has ever had that he hasn't been able to play through. this is his 4th season in the nfl and he has started and played some 53 straight games... by no means is he often injured, nor does he have too much tread off his tires. he's a pro bowler and truthfully a lot better than any mlb we could realistically draft this year, except for maybe jasper brinkley (assuming he declares and recovers without any issues).

barber.

just read on yahoo! sports, vilma out for the year, knee injury, but dont remember him ever being injured seriously before.....i play fantasy football every year on yahoo! for the past 4 or 5 years, and he is always a player you want on your team if its set up with d or dl players, so if he's "oft injured" he wouldnt score in ff the way he has since he was a rookie.

what have you been smoking dude? this injury is the only injury vilma has ever had that he hasn't been able to play through. this is his 4th season in the nfl and he has started and played some 53 straight games... by no means is he often injured, nor does he have too much tread off his tires. he's a pro bowler and truthfully a lot better than any mlb we could realistically draft this year, except for maybe jasper brinkley (assuming he declares and recovers without any issues).

disregard anything he says. he clearly doesn't know anything about football, and he misjudges all of the players that he hears about that he doesn't like or want. you can even see what he said in my sig about john abraham. dry.gif

deangelo and a 3rd for anderson??

let see... duel pro bowl corner and a 3rd, for a 6th round? qb who is putting up nice numbers...

mckay would be getting the rough end of a pineapple shoved up his ###### if he fell for that deal. i would prefer

to deal him to a team that gives us a 1st and maybe more for him. plenty of teams will show interest in hall

if he wants a trade, thats one thing we can be sure of...

derek's doing it again, its the 3rd qtr, he's 13/19, 191 yds, 3 td passes. behind a dismal o line.

i'd trade hall and 3rd rounder in no time for anderson. take dmac in round 1 (if avail) go free agency for larger o line players, look at db's in 2nd round.

anderson is well worth that trade scenario.

thank goodness none of you can be the gm.

derek anderson for what???

no way should we draft dmac imo.

rbs don't win super bowls. i'll take a great qb over a great rb anyday

in most cases, neither qb or rb or wr win super bowls.....its defense. good defense will give you a great chance of winning the big game, lack of one will lose it for you every time.

derek anderson for what???

dhall and a 3rd rounder.

obviously we could keep him, but im not sure he would be our best option at this point... although i wouldnt be upset

if the fo went with him.

dallas has the fire power to initiate a trade, but will they give up most of their draft for him?

what is the value of a 2009 1st round pick, if a team used one in a trade? does anyone know how this works?

for the first round, it's generally half the value of the middle pick (#16), which makes it 500. some teams view it as worth as much as 800. for the rest of the rounds, it's half the value of the first pick in said round. so, for round 2, it's 290 points, 132.5 points for round 3, 56 points for round 4, 21.5 for round 5, 7.6 for round 6, and 1.45 for round 7.

keep in mind when we talk about dallas that they have cleveland's first round pick. that is not as valuable a pick as it appeared to be at the start of the year, but it's still going to be somewhere in the top 20 in all likelihood. they should be able to trade up to the #5 pick (or so) with just their #1 pick and cleveland's. let's say the brown are at #16. that's 1,000 points of pick value. if dallas picks at #26, that's 700 points. the #5 pick is worth 1,700 points, so it's an exact match. if they make the super bowl, that's still 600 points of value. so, they would "only" need to throw in a third rounder to make up the difference.

the question becomes whether jerry jones really is enough of a homer to make their draft mcfadden and a second round pick on day one instead of a pair of first rounders, a second rounder and a third rounder. if they think they are close and julius jones is holding them back, it's not that crazy. he is almost certainly going to be the #1 composite player in this draft, after all.

all of the team picking high in the draft will be trying hard to work a deal with the cowboys as the draft approaches. i'm fairly certain of that.

for the first round, it's generally half the value of the middle pick (#16), which makes it 500. some teams view it as worth as much as 800. for the rest of the rounds, it's half the value of the first pick in said round. so, for round 2, it's 290 points, 132.5 points for round 3, 56 points for round 4, 21.5 for round 5, 7.6 for round 6, and 1.45 for round 7.

keep in mind when we talk about dallas that they have cleveland's first round pick. that is not as valuable a pick as it appeared to be at the start of the year, but it's still going to be somewhere in the top 20 in all likelihood. they should be able to trade up to the #5 pick (or so) with just their #1 pick and cleveland's. let's say the brown are at #16. that's 1,000 points of pick value. if dallas picks at #26, that's 700 points. the #5 pick is worth 1,700 points, so it's an exact match. if they make the super bowl, that's still 600 points of value. so, they would "only" need to throw in a third rounder to make up the difference.

the question becomes whether jerry jones really is enough of a homer to make their draft mcfadden and a second round pick on day one instead of a pair of first rounders, a second rounder and a third rounder. if they think they are close and julius jones is holding them back, it's not that crazy. he is almost certainly going to be the #1 composite player in this draft, after all.

all of the team picking high in the draft will be trying hard to work a deal with the cowboys as the draft approaches. i'm fairly certain of that.

thanks dude... ive been wondering how much future picks were worth...

the trouble with dallas getting to pick 5, are the teams picking 1-4... if miami and st louis finish 1&2 that leaves

us in the box seat to try and suck dallas' draft dry. i think jj will pull the trigger on dmc, i just have a feeling that

he thinks he is that one 'special player' away from the big one...

this is the perfect scenario for us, imo. we have arguably the best player in the draft sitting in our laps, and the possibility of getting a coup for him. i'd do much like what det (hah, never thought i'd want to be like det), and ask the world for the guy. if we get an offer that just blows us away (say dallas' two 1sts and a 2nd/3rd), you take it and run. if you don't get an overwhelming offer, then you draft mcfadden and know that you are getting a potentially great rb, and the best player in the draft, imo.

if the fo went with him.

other teams will be interested too... but what will it take for one of them to attempt a trade?

1st round(2008), 1st round(2009), 2nd(2008)??

would you accept a 1st and a player only(eg. lance briggs/jonathon vilma- i know he is injured)

just interested to see what you guys think...

if mcfadden is available it would be hard not to take him...really hard

with that said...cowboys want him they fork up their earliest 1st , a 2nd rounder,and a fifth this year and a 1st or 2nd rounder next year..

sounds crazy but the mode the cowboys are in they just might do it..

this gives us the opportunity to take bap..then have 3 second rounder for a ol,qb, and whatever else..