if deangelo leaves, god help us

jimmy and houston would be better than houston and sanders or houston and irons...

then we could draft for a fs, which is an easier void to fill than cb imo. jimmy played well against the run and thrives in man coverage, not in zone. that is just what zimmer uses.

this is the one way i could survive dhall leaving, if we moved jimmy back to cb. sadly the safties in this draft are not of the same caliber that they were last year. however, we could find one of those much easier than we coudl find another capable corner to start with houston.

i believe with hall's statements to the press is designed to force the trade issue in the off season. i don't think he has any intent of playing for petrino after his contract expires and i don't believe we will ante up the kind of money he would requires either. that leaves a damned if we do or don't scenario where we stand to lose a good player but not trading him results in a matt schaub situation of not getting anything in return when he leaves in 2009.

move jimmy back to cb in that situation and draft one of these three players:

kenny phillips

quintin demps

josh barrett

would definitely be manageable... or keep jimmy at safety and draft one of these three:

malcolm jenkins

justin king

reggie smith

trae williams is a very dhall type of player... not quite as fast though.

there is still no reason to believe jimmy williams can play corner at the nfl level. he's the bad kind of tweener where he's too awkward for corner and not smooth enough for safety.

everybody else gives mckay so much grief, but that's the only series of moves of his i have seriously questioned. abraham for a #1 and signing bonus instead of tamba hali followed by jimmy williams costing us the #47 and #112 is brutal to think about. and i say that as a big fan of abe.

there is still no reason to believe jimmy williams can play corner at the nfl level. he's the bad kind of tweener where he's too awkward for corner and not smooth enough for safety.

everybody else gives mckay so much grief, but that's the only series of moves of his i have seriously questioned. abraham for a #1 and signing bonus instead of tamba hali followed by jimmy williams costing us the #47 and #112 is brutal to think about. and i say that as a big fan of abe.

i thought he played pretty well last year. but obviously id rather keep dhall and keep jimmy at fs.

but i like trae williams also, hes a playmaker at usf, just like dhall is. but i agree, not as fast. not many people are or ever have been.

you can't keep moving jimmy around. it's counter-productive and it would be wasting talent. you have got to let him learn one position. not to be "one of those guys," but this isn't madden. tongue.gif

we're screwed if hall leaves, especially with zimmer's press man coverage schemes. if you don't believe me go watch the first quarter of the texans' game.