how many picks do we have in 08? based on my calculations

there are only 31 picks in the first round this year due to the patriots forfeiting a pick. so, the second round starts at #32. atlanta's draft currently looks something like:

1-4 (we are currently tied with the jets for the third worst record)

2-35 (our second round pick)

2-44 (houston is tied for the 12th worst record in the nfl with two other teams, so i gave them the middle pick of the three)

3-57 (our third round pick)

3-98 (there are generally three or so supplemental picks at the end of the round...kerney should qualify for one, so that would be the lowest)

4-102 (our fourth round pick, adjusting for the supplemental picks)

5-138 (our fifth round pick, allowing for six supplemental picks in round 4)

6-175 (our sixth round pick, allowing for five supplemental picks in round 5)

6-200 (pittsburgh's sixth round pick, assuming rossum's kr td triggered the clause to move him up to a 6th round)

7-212 (our seventh round picks, again allowing for five supplemental picks in round 6)

we could also get a supplementary pick for ashley lelie due to his contract but his lack of playing time this year makes that less certain than it seemed prior to the season. justin griffith also might get us one.

there are only 31 picks in the first round this year due to the patriots forfeiting a pick. so, the second round starts at #32. atlanta's draft currently looks something like:

1-4 (we are currently tied with the jets for the third worst record)

2-35 (our second round pick)

2-44 (houston is tied for the 12th worst record in the nfl with two other teams, so i gave them the middle pick of the three)

3-57 (our third round pick)

3-98 (there are generally three or so supplemental picks at the end of the round...kerney should qualify for one, so that would be the lowest)

4-102 (our fourth round pick, adjusting for the supplemental picks)

5-138 (our fifth round pick, allowing for six supplemental picks in round 4)

6-175 (our sixth round pick, allowing for five supplemental picks in round 5)

6-200 (pittsburgh's sixth round pick, assuming rossum's kr td triggered the clause to move him up to a 6th round)

7-212 (our seventh round picks, again allowing for five supplemental picks in round 6)

we could also get a supplementary pick for ashley lelie due to his contract but his lack of playing time this year makes that less certain than it seemed prior to the season. justin griffith also might get us one.

oh yeah, i forgot about the pats losing their 1st rd pick. thanks, for the input. with the way you figured it, we are still real close to getting 6 players out of the top 100 players in the draft.

the future is bright!

yeah, we'll have a lot more picks come draft time. we are going to be trading guys like crazy this offseason.

i definitely would not discount that possibility.

what aggravates me about the waiving of grady jackson is that i am certain we could have traded him for a draft pick had we tried before the deadline. indecision hurt us there.