defensive draft with ol

brunna777

draft:

trade with dallas for their 2 first round picks...

trade crumpler for a third...

1a: kenny phillips fs miami-------------------------------------- another stud for the secondary

1b: trade- jonathon vilma mlb new york jets-----------------stud mlb- nuff said.

2a: tony hills ot texas------------------------------------------ lt for the next decade

2b: demario pressley dt nth carolina st----------------------- dt to replace coleman

3a: dennis dixon qb oregon------------------------------------ qb to be groomed for 2009

3b: roy schuening og oregon st.------------------------------ forneys future/instant replacement

4a: patrick lee cb auburn--------------------------------------- cb depth

4b: matt forte rb tulane----------------------------------------- power back to compliment norwood

5: darnell strong te pitt.----------------------------------------- big fast te(6-5, 265lb, 4.8)

6a: jonel saint-dic de michigan st.----------------------------- pass rushing de to spell abe

6b: jason shirley dt fresno st.--------------------------------- run clogger to tandem with lewis

7: eddie royal kr vtech----------------------------------------- kr to replace norwood

cuts/trades:

gandy

dunn

brooking

milloy

harrington

coleman

jackson

horn

weiner

babineaux

resign:

boley

hall

crocker

clabo

davis

blakely

depth chart:

qb: leftwich/dixon/shockley

rb: norwood/forte/snelling

fb: mughelli/mcintyre

te: blakely/milner/strong

wr: white/robinson/royal

wr: berrian/jenkins

lt: hills/foster

lg: blalock/clabo

c: mcclure/datish

rg: forney/schuening

rt: locklear/dahl

le: anderson/davis

nt: haynesworth/shirley

ut: lewis/pressley

re: abraham/saint-dic

wlb: nicholas/t.williams

mlb: vilma/taylor

slb: boley/wilkins

lcb: hall/irons

rcb: houston/sanders/lee

ss: crocker/harris/stone

fs: phillips/williams

k: rayner

p: koenen

ls: schneck

kr/pr: royal

free agents:

dave rayner k

bernard berrian wr

sean locklear ot

albert haynesworth dt

defense looks good huh!! what ya'll think! tongue.giftongue.gif

i would never cut babs this year. he is a very good penetrating dt, and on a 2nd round rookie deal. he gets like 500k a season.

haynesworth probably wont go anywhere. he will be franchised by ten if they dont reach a deal. bank on it.

i also would not cut weiner, especially if we brought in a rookie lt. i would move weiner over to the left side to start the season in case hills isnt ready day one.

the last thing i will nitpick, is i dont think dal will make the deal trading their first rounders. people assume this just like they did with ne. dallas maximizes value, and i dont see them making this deal.

the good:

i really like vilma, but dont think it would take a first. but i would bring him on no doubt. we would have to have a contract agreement in place first though, like we did with abe. with our surrounding lb talent, vilma would make a big impact. he (and a healthy coleman) is the key missing piece in our d imo.

i like the berrian pick up too. he is a good deep threat, which petrino loves. i also like drew carter from car. i think he is a bit more well rounded than berrian, but more of a possession reciever.

my big dissappointment in the draft is that we bypassed qb, ot and dt in round one for a s. i know you like dixon, but he will be a big wild card on where he gets drafted. you just cant hold off and hope for a qb in round 3, when it is a big big need. dixon could go in 2, and then we have nothing. i think if we dont take a qb first, we will make sure we get one in round 2, even if it is a hair of a reach. mia (beck) and phi (kolb) did it last year. you have to if you want to make sure you get your guy, because qbs are unpredictable in the draft.

i would never cut babs this year. he is a very good penetrating dt, and on a 2nd round rookie deal. he gets like 500k a season.

haynesworth probably wont go anywhere. he will be franchised by ten if they dont reach a deal. bank on it.

i also would not cut weiner, especially if we brought in a rookie lt. i would move weiner over to the left side to start the season in case hills isnt ready day one.

the last thing i will nitpick, is i dont think dal will make the deal trading their first rounders. people assume this just like they did with ne. dallas maximizes value, and i dont see them making this deal.

the good:

i really like vilma, but dont think it would take a first. but i would bring him on no doubt. we would have to have a contract agreement in place first though, like we did with abe. with our surrounding lb talent, vilma would make a big impact. he (and a healthy coleman) is the key missing piece in our d imo.

i like the berrian pick up too. he is a good deep threat, which petrino loves. i also like drew carter from car. i think he is a bit more well rounded than berrian, but more of a possession reciever.

my big dissappointment in the draft is that we bypassed qb, ot and dt in round one for a s. i know you like dixon, but he will be a big wild card on where he gets drafted. you just cant hold off and hope for a qb in round 3, when it is a big big need. dixon could go in 2, and then we have nothing. i think if we dont take a qb first, we will make sure we get one in round 2, even if it is a hair of a reach. mia (beck) and phi (kolb) did it last year. you have to if you want to make sure you get your guy, because qbs are unpredictable in the draft.

thanks for the comments 89...

i only really made this mock for fun though...

i agree there is no way in **** tenn. let haynesworth go, but i put him in anyway just so the d would look great. thats

the reason babs got cut, so i had a 53 man squad laugh.gif

with the dixon pick, i just went off current rankings(97 i think) but i too think he'll be a lock for the 2nd round.

what do you think it would take to get vilma?? i really want the fo to push hard if the jets want to let him go. i thought

about a trade involving a 2nd+4th+crumpler(i think he would be good in the jets offense) but dont know if that would

be enough...

as i said it was just a fun mock, mainly made to get the falcons defense into top 3 material, thats why

kenny phillips was the first pick. i'd just love to have another stud in the secondary, something we have been

missing for a while now!!

i wouldnt mind picking up berrian either. he is still young and would be a great #2 opposite roddy...

im not so sure on dallas... if they think they are only dmc away from a sb, i think they would pull the trigger...

barber and dmc would be the sickest combo at hb in the league and from what jerry jones has been rumored to

have said it makes me wonder... if it happened it would be a best case scenario for us imo...

thanks for the comments 89...

i only really made this mock for fun though...

i agree there is no way in **** tenn. let haynesworth go, but i put him in anyway just so the d would look great. thats

the reason babs got cut, so i had a 53 man squad laugh.gif

with the dixon pick, i just went off current rankings(97 i think) but i too think he'll be a lock for the 2nd round.

what do you think it would take to get vilma?? i really want the fo to push hard if the jets want to let him go. i thought

about a trade involving a 2nd+4th+crumpler(i think he would be good in the jets offense) but dont know if that would

be enough...

as i said it was just a fun mock, mainly made to get the falcons defense into top 3 material, thats why

kenny phillips was the first pick. i'd just love to have another stud in the secondary, something we have been

missing for a while now!!

i wouldnt mind picking up berrian either. he is still young and would be a great #2 opposite roddy...

im not so sure on dallas... if they think they are only dmc away from a sb, i think they would pull the trigger...

barber and dmc would be the sickest combo at hb in the league and from what jerry jones has been rumored to

have said it makes me wonder... if it happened it would be a best case scenario for us imo...

i wasnt grilling you on it, i just like to draft talk.

as for vilma, i think he can be had for a 2nd, and maybe a conditional 09 pick. i would be all over him at that cost with us having alot of picks this year. i would try to send them hou #2 and brooking for him. doubt ny would take it though.

i here you on dal. and jones is the type who will get what he wants at any cost. the thing is, unless cle completely tanks, there still wont be wnough value in their 2 #1s to get the #1 -3 pick in the draft. the value is so high on those picks, and that is what makes them so hard to trade (besides the big contracts for an unproven player).

draft:

trade with dallas for their 2 first round picks...

trade crumpler for a third...

1a: kenny phillips fs miami-------------------------------------- another stud for the secondary

1b: trade- jonathon vilma mlb new york jets-----------------stud mlb- nuff said.

2a: tony hills ot texas------------------------------------------ lt for the next decade

2b: demario pressley dt nth carolina st----------------------- dt to replace coleman

3a: dennis dixon qb oregon------------------------------------ qb to be groomed for 2009

3b: roy schuening og oregon st.------------------------------ forneys future/instant replacement

4a: patrick lee cb auburn--------------------------------------- cb depth

4b: matt forte rb tulane----------------------------------------- power back to compliment norwood

5: darnell strong te pitt.----------------------------------------- big fast te(6-5, 265lb, 4.8)

6a: jonel saint-dic de michigan st.----------------------------- pass rushing de to spell abe

6b: jason shirley dt fresno st.--------------------------------- run clogger to tandem with lewis

7: eddie royal kr vtech----------------------------------------- kr to replace norwood

cuts/trades:

gandy

dunn

brooking

milloy

harrington

coleman

jackson

horn

weiner

babineaux

resign:

boley

hall

crocker

clabo

davis

blakely

depth chart:

qb: leftwich/dixon/shockley

rb: norwood/forte/snelling

fb: mughelli/mcintyre

te: blakely/milner/strong

wr: white/robinson/royal

wr: berrian/jenkins

lt: hills/foster

lg: blalock/clabo

c: mcclure/datish

rg: forney/schuening

rt: locklear/dahl

le: anderson/davis

nt: haynesworth/shirley

ut: lewis/pressley

re: abraham/saint-dic

wlb: nicholas/t.williams

mlb: vilma/taylor

slb: boley/wilkins

lcb: hall/irons

rcb: houston/sanders/lee

ss: crocker/harris/stone

fs: phillips/williams

k: rayner

p: koenen

ls: schneck

kr/pr: royal

free agents:

dave rayner k

bernard berrian wr

sean locklear ot

albert haynesworth dt

defense looks good huh!! what ya'll think! tongue.giftongue.gif

i like this mock, its different but makes some sense

im cool on berrian, hes over the hill..

id rather try to find another laurent robinson in the 6th/7th

like the albert haynesworth pickup as long as hes not stomping on peoples heads with his cleats on anymore.

id rather go two o-lines in the first & j stewart from oregon in the 2nd.

but im very happy w this mock

i like this mock, its different but makes some sense

im cool on berrian, hes over the hill..

id rather try to find another laurent robinson in the 6th/7th

like the albert haynesworth pickup as long as hes not stomping on peoples heads with his cleats on anymore.

id rather go two o-lines in the first & j stewart from oregon in the 2nd.

but im very happy w this mock

berrian is only 27 years old. he was drafted in 04.

robinson was a 3rd rounder, so i would expect to fina another robinson in round 6 or 7.

berrian is only 27 years old. he was drafted in 04.

robinson was a 3rd rounder, so i would expect to fina another robinson in round 6 or 7.

doesnt it seem like hes older?? my bad..

i am aware he was a 3rd rounder i meant lets try to find another laurent/colston hidden gem in the 6th or 7th.

berrian will probably demand more $ & wr is what it is for us, we have blown so many opp's to get good talent out there that i'm sick of discussing it..

doesnt it seem like hes older?? my bad..

i am aware he was a 3rd rounder i meant lets try to find another laurent/colston hidden gem in the 6th or 7th.

berrian will probably demand more $ & wr is what it is for us, we have blown so many opp's to get good talent out there that i'm sick of discussing it..

laurent robinson was drafted in the third round.

sixon is over hyped and is not an nfl qb.

but i'll watch the oregon-usc game saturday night. maybe i'll see something but i'm not holding my breath.

i see you read my post from this morning. tongue.gif

i dont really want to draft a s in the 1st round, that just kind of bothers me. id much prefer matt ryan or jonathan stewart if we moved down.

love the hills pick

i really like kentwan balmer, the dt from unc. but im a huge unc fan so thats probably why id prefer him over nc state. tongue.gifwink.gif

i like dixon too, a couple people on here dont, but with the way he has played this year i like him. its not even about his athleticism for me, he has made plays and won games, and depending on how he plays against usc and if i can find out more about his intangibles and how they compare to other qbs in the draft, he might be my guy outside of ryan in the top 10-15 in the 1st.

very good pick here. id love to have him or shannon tevaga, og, ucla.

solid pick here, i will admit i dont know a whole lot about him however.

finally!!! someone else has this kid in their mock besides me. how can you ignore him? hes first in the ncaa in rushing yards and is on pace for over 2,100 and 22 touchdowns with a 6.7 yard average!!! he is awesome!!! i just want to see him play once, because even though his team sucks he still runs for tons of yards, and i want to make sure he is the power back we need. but his efficiency in the red zone and short yardage situations definately suggests he is without having seen him play. good pick here, my favorite one for sure. tongue.gif

i like the rest of the picks, they are solid. saint-dic and titus brown are the 2 speed rushers i like in the later part of the 2nd day. and i like the clogger idea late, those kinds of guys can be effective even if they fall, grady is living proof of that, as is trey lewis. wink.gif

overall, pretty good mock. i doubt we get haynesworth, but after the first pick it just got better and better. so good job man, even if it was just for fun. however, every mock is fun for me, because i just love this stuff!! biggrin.gif

sorry, but if we pick in the top 3 in the draft getting dallas two #1s is not enough.

#3 pick is worth 2200

#15 browns pick-1050

#31 cowboys pick-600 both= 1650 that is 350 points short. cowboys 2nd round pick #63 is just 276 points.

dallas is not giving you that!!

i know on the pick value chart the trade doesnt add up, but i would be almost tempted to take the 2 1sts

as long as dallas could come up with a half decent player also. we have soooo many holes in this team, that

a trade down really makes sense imo.... even if they offered 2 1sts and their 3rd id be tempted....

i mean what would you rather?

dmc or....

1a: oher ot

1b: stewart rb

3: schuening og/ or another payer...

thats 2 instant starters and a future starter for pick 3....

im not saying, im just saying... smile.gif

phillips will not drop that far.

there was a time, not long ago, that i would never make such a statement about a safety. the recent trend in the nfl is to draft the top safeties very high. they seem to have as much, and sometimes more, value than cb's. i suspect that the contact rule changes for cb's have created the shift towards star safeties.

for that reason, we will have to draft phillips early to have a shot at him.

i wasnt grilling you on it, i just like to draft talk.

as for vilma, i think he can be had for a 2nd, and maybe a conditional 09 pick. i would be all over him at that cost with us having alot of picks this year. i would try to send them hou #2 and brooking for him. doubt ny would take it though.

i here you on dal. and jones is the type who will get what he wants at any cost. the thing is, unless cle completely tanks, there still wont be wnough value in their 2 #1s to get the #1 -3 pick in the draft. the value is so high on those picks, and that is what makes them so hard to trade (besides the big contracts for an unproven player).

if vilma can be had for a 2nd and a conditional 09 pick, we should pull the trigger!! the dude is a tackling

machine, quick(4.4 or something like that), is great in coverage and would instantly upgrade our defense....

we would need to get a big nt in there though, thats the trouble he's having in new york. their nt isnt keeping

blockers off him and he keeps getting blown up by them...

the value is very high on 3rd overall, and i have written something about it the post above this...

thanks for the comments everyone, i just wanted to see what the reaction would be if we drafted with the

intention of becoming one of the best defenses in the league... smile.gif

sixon is over hyped and is not an nfl qb.

but i'll watch the oregon-usc game saturday night. maybe i'll see something but i'm not holding my breath.

i'm sorry but dennis dixon is not overhyped. that's your 2nd-3rd round performance boy matt ryan with his top 15 draft stock. is it even possible for a projected 2nd-3rd round qb to be overhyped? huh.gif

dixon is a great idea because he won't require our top pick when there are much more talented players at the top than any of these qbs. i just don't understand how you don't get this concept. if our fo decides that dixon is our guy (which i doubt), then that allows us to take someone who fills an immediate need in a big way... guys like darren mcfadden, glenn dorsey, or jake long... plus, not being set on any top 3 pick could allow us to more easily trade down for value in rebuilding.

and please don't tell us all once again how you're just not sold on him... we know. just don't pull stuff out of your azz like he's overhyped when he isn't even sitting in the 1st round and gives us so much to work with in terms of rebuilding.

i'm sorry but dennis dixon is not overhyped. that's your 2nd-3rd round performance boy matt ryan with his top 15 draft stock. is it even possible for a projected 2nd-3rd round qb to be overhyped? huh.gif

dixon is a great idea because he won't require our top pick when there are much more talented players at the top than any of these qbs. i just don't understand how you don't get this concept. if our fo decides that dixon is our guy (which i doubt), then that allows us to take someone who fills an immediate need in a big way... guys like darren mcfadden, glenn dorsey, or jake long... plus, not being set on any top 3 pick could allow us to more easily trade down for value in rebuilding.

and please don't tell us all once again how you're just not sold on him... we know. just don't pull stuff out of your azz like he's overhyped when he isn't even sitting in the 1st round and gives us so much to work with in terms of rebuilding.

good post dude...

im sick of hearing all the negative talk about dixon. the guy is currently sitting at or about 100 in draft rankings

thus far, that is far from over-rated! im not saying he is the next big thing in the nfl, all im saying is we should keep an

eye on him and see where he is at, at the end of the year... personally i do not want to reach for a qb in the 1st

round when there is much better talent available... we need to use this draft to get the best talent available, if we start

reaching it will come back to bite us all on the azz.