mock draft 2.0

ATLBrave

1st round:

darren mcfadden, rb(ark): arguably the #1 player in the draft (competing with dorsey and brohm), and happens to slip to our #3 pick. will provide a great 1-2 punch with norwood.

2nd round:

tony hills, ot(ut): although light for a tackle, he is a mauler with great quickness and ability. familiarity with blalock can make his transition to the nfl much easier.

dennis dixon, qb(uo): hear plenty of comparisons to our previous qb, but has a pass-first mentality, with great accuracy and arm strength. sitting behind leftwich or harrington for a year will help him tremendously.

3rd round:

red bryant, dt(ta&m): lacks overall athletic ability, but makes up for it in quickness and toughness. he is basically grady jackson, but younger and lighter.

4th round:

brandon coutu, k(uga): this may be a slight reach, but we need to lock down the k position. has a booming leg and very good accuracy, would be rated the best k in the draft if not for the leg injury.

5th round:

ben moffitt, ilb(usf): playing for a small school like usf, regardless of this year's team, will have a big effect on his draft status. has great speed for a mlb, which is what zimmer looks for in linebackers.

6th round:

bpa

7th round:

jayson foster, qb/kr(gsu): i have officially jumped on the draft foster bandwagon. this kid is hella quick, and from the film i have seen on him, has great return abilities. worth taking a flyer on to replace the much maligned jennings.

comments appreciated! biggrin.gif

not bad. 4th round is high for a kicker, remember mason crosby was supposed to go in the 3rd round but that didn't happen. we can get a quality guy in rounds 5-7. i like the first 3 picks, and i def. like the dixon pick. i want either him or brennan to be our starting qb next year. instead of red bryant i'd like another offensive linemen though (center or guard).

good draft overall though.

not bad. 4th round is high for a kicker, remember mason crosby was supposed to go in the 3rd round but that didn't happen. we can get a quality guy in rounds 5-7. i like the first 3 picks, and i def. like the dixon pick. i want either him or brennan to be our starting qb next year. instead of red bryant i'd like another offensive linemen though (center or guard).

good draft overall though.

haha, now that you mention it, i originally had radovich (guard from usc) on that pick, but we are gonna need a dt now that grady is gone. as for the kicker, i agree it may be a reach, but i'd rather draft him, and get our guy then possibly missing out on him.

great mock. the only thing i would think of is dixon, i'd rather draft him in the third round, in the second round with our second pick, we can possibly draft colt brennan or erik ainge. i'd rather those two quarterbacks first than dixon. i agree with the kicker pick in the fourth round. we already let crosby slip through our hands having him drafted the pick right before ours in the sixth round. i don't think we'll be passing on any potential pro-bowl kickers in the draft.

great mock. the only thing i would think of is dixon, i'd rather draft him in the third round, in the second round with our second pick, we can possibly draft colt brennan or erik ainge. i'd rather those two quarterbacks first than dixon. i agree with the kicker pick in the fourth round. we already let crosby slip through our hands having him drafted the pick right before ours in the sixth round. i don't think we'll be passing on any potential pro-bowl kickers in the draft.

if dixon keeps playing like he is, no way a team would pass on him in the 2nd round. i see him as being the 4th or 5th rated qb by the time the draft rolls around.

if dixon keeps playing like he is, no way a team would pass on him in the 2nd round. i see him as being the 4th or 5th rated qb by the time the draft rolls around.

hes playing extremely well. as he rises so does stewart. both of them have moved up 1-2 rounds this season because of their respective performance. dixon is a different player this year.

i really want to read about his intangibles, i dont know much about them. what kind of a leader is he? a good one?

im liking his physical qualities, but that is only half the equation for a qb. that is why i dont like brohm much anymore. 1. he isnt playing overly well this year and 2. he doesnt strike me as a good leader like ryan or woodson.

i need to find out more about that, because i like him also. if he keeps playing this way he will definately require a 2nd rounder like you said.

hes playing extremely well. as he rises so does stewart. both of them have moved up 1-2 rounds this season because of their respective performance. dixon is a different player this year.

i really want to read about his intangibles, i dont know much about them. what kind of a leader is he? a good one?

im liking his physical qualities, but that is only half the equation for a qb. that is why i dont like brohm much anymore. 1. he isnt playing overly well this year and 2. he doesnt strike me as a good leader like ryan or woodson.

i need to find out more about that, because i like him also. if he keeps playing this way he will definately require a 2nd rounder like you said.

here's something i found (don't think it's quite what you were looking for), but i'll keep looking.

the success the seventh-ranked oregon ducks are having this season is largely attributed to the play of quarterback dennis dixon. dixon, who was a fifth-round draft pick of the atlanta braves last season, spent this past summer playing minor league baseball. he's now leading the ducks to a potential national championship and has been spectacular. his versatility and ability to take over a game is reminiscent of vince young and the way he led texas to a national championship in 2006. dixon has a quick release and outstanding speed that enable him to elude defenders and make plays with his feet. he's an accurate passer who has a lot of poise in the pocket and will wait until the last minute to scramble and try to pick up yards with his feet. he's completed over 70 percent of his passes, completing 118-of-168 for 1,525 yards, 15 touchdowns, and just two interceptions through six games. dixon's mechanics need some work, and that will improve with coaching at the next level. but if he continues to develop and produce numbers as he has at the halfway point, he's a solid second-round selection for a team looking to develop a franchise quarterback.

good read, and i really like his physical attributes. there has to be something somewhere about his intangibles. i could wait for scouting reports on him, but id much rather just find out now. haha

thanks for the post, but yeah not exactly about his intangibles, definatley good to see though. im anxious to see him play against usc this week...

same with ryan against vt.

good read, and i really like his physical attributes. there has to be something somewhere about his intangibles. i could wait for scouting reports on him, but id much rather just find out now. haha

thanks for the post, but yeah not exactly about his intangibles, definatley good to see though. im anxious to see him play against usc this week...

same with ryan against vt.

yeah, those games will be huge for those two. ryan will get his first "real" test, and dixon will be playing against a good d as well (although a little banged up and overrated).

great mock atl...

the only thing i would do is swap the moffit/coutu picks...

there will still be a great kicker available in the 5th, but im kinda hoping we sign a fa kicker... someone who

is proven...

the 6th round should be a pass rushing de imo, someone to platoon with abe... or another ot/og..

good job wink.gif

i like it a lot... especially brandon coutu in the 4th. dicking around with picking a kicker has hurt us in an obvious way this year... coutu is solid, he would lock down that spot for years to come for us.

looks good. i'm waiting until we get a bit further along in the season before i start working on my own.

great mock atl...

the only thing i would do is swap the moffit/coutu picks...

there will still be a great kicker available in the 5th, but im kinda hoping we sign a fa kicker... someone who

is proven...

the 6th round should be a pass rushing de imo, someone to platoon with abe... or another ot/og..

good job wink.gif

thank you!

yeah, i see where you're coming from on the 4th + 5th picks. i read somewhere (don't know how recent it is), but they rated moffitt as a 7th/fa pick. i was really shocked by that, but don't know how accurate it is. as for the kicker, i just really want a good one, regardless of where he comes from. tongue.gif

only one olineman?

and dennis dixon? blink.gif

i give your draft a c-

gotta have at least 2 o-lineman. and if you had had henne in their where you have dixon it would of raised your grade a little.

i like the coutu pick, though taking him in the 4th is a bit of a reach. 5th rd, perfect. but we need a kicker and he'll be the highest rated one in the draft.

only one olineman?

and dennis dixon? blink.gif

i give your draft a c-

gotta have at least 2 o-lineman. and if you had had henne in their where you have dixon it would of raised your grade a little.

i like the coutu pick, though taking him in the 4th is a bit of a reach. 5th rd, perfect. but we need a kicker and he'll be the highest rated one in the draft.

like i posted earlier, you could easily replace bryant with drew radovich or jordan grimes. both translate into rgs in the pros, with radovich being able to play rt as well.

like i posted earlier, you could easily replace bryant with drew radovich or jordan grimes. both translate into rgs in the pros, with radovich being able to play rt as well.

if you do that i'd give your draft a b-.

dixon being in there drags it down a little. i'm not impressed by him, but i'll watch saturday when he plays against usc.

would anyone be opposed to doing this?

send cle our later 2nd pick for derek anderson? he is a rfa this year, and i'm sure quinn will be starting there next year.

he has put up very nice numbers this year that for sure...

i would care if he was picked up, as long as petrino and co liked what they saw in him...

if you do that i'd give your draft a b-.

dixon being in there drags it down a little. i'm not impressed by him, but i'll watch saturday when he plays against usc.

rolleyes.gif

and what are the reasons dixon drags the mock down??

ive seen plenty of dislike for the guy, and no real reasons apart from:

dixon isnt an nfl qb

dixon is a one year wonder... all speculation at best...

the guy is putting up very nice numbers this year, and accounts for 70%+ of oregons points. he has a completion

% of 70+ and a beautiful deep ball... maybe its the mobile qb thing you cant get over, but he is a throw 1st qb and

only takes off when the play has broken down...

rolleyes.gif

and what are the reasons dixon drags the mock down??

ive seen plenty of dislike for the guy, and no real reasons apart from:

dixon isnt an nfl qb

dixon is a one year wonder... all speculation at best...

the guy is putting up very nice numbers this year, and accounts for 70%+ of oregons points. he has a completion

% of 70+ and a beautiful deep ball... maybe its the mobile qb thing you cant get over, but he is a throw 1st qb and

only takes off when the play has broken down...

yeah, i don't get this mentality. here's a stat for you, pit...guess how many touchdowns dixon ran for in high school (which is the most notorious for mobile qb's to rack up at this stage)

answer: 0

he has put up very nice numbers this year that for sure...

i would care if he was picked up, as long as petrino and co liked what they saw in him...

anderson ain't the long-term answer, either.

yeah, i don't get this mentality. here's a stat for you, pit...guess how many touchdowns dixon ran for in high school (which is the most notorious for mobile qb's to rack up at this stage)

answer: 0

good stat.

but it still doesn't change my mind on dixon.

would anyone be opposed to doing this?

send cle our later 2nd pick for derek anderson? he is a rfa this year, and i'm sure quinn will be starting there next year.

i think they will try to keep him as a backup, personally. wouldn't you? he has shown this year that he's reliable and they definitely drafted quinn to be their starter, so i think they would be nuts to let anderson go. they may let him go if a good looking package is sent their way though.

i think they will try to keep him as a backup, personally. wouldn't you? he has shown this year that he's reliable and they definitely drafted quinn to be their starter, so i think they would be nuts to let anderson go. they may let him go if a good looking package is sent their way though.

yeah, i'd think they would keep him, but you never know. he's really the only nfl qb who i am interested in (besides romo, who we have a snow ball's chance in **** of signing).

thing is though carter, if he continues to put up nice numbers like he is, im not sure he'll be to happy

to be relegated to a back up....

i think he'll want to be traded... numerous teams would prolly show interest in him

atlanta

chicago

miami

minnisota etc etc

edit: anderson is on track for 25-30 td's and 15 odd int's... that is a very good season in my books...

thing is though carter, if he continues to put up nice numbers like he is, im not sure he'll be to happy

i think he'll want to be traded... numerous teams would prolly show interest in him

atlanta

chicago

miami

minnisota etc etc

out of those teams, i really only see us & chi being interested. minnesota, imo, will give jackson one more year to prove himself. there are really very few teams that are in desperate need of a quarterback (us + chi).

atlanta

chicago

miami

minnisota etc etc

edit: anderson is on track for 25-30 td's and 15 odd int's... that is a very good season in my books...

cleveland will be stupid if tehy deal anderson.

who would back up quinn?