we dont need dmc!!!

kilo84

i dont see why some of u want us to waste a pick that high on a running....a position that we dont need if we just fix up a o-line....michael turner is a free agent after this season...i dont see sd resigning him....we can get him to team up with norwood in the backfield.....

sign some good oline...through fa's...

used our first round pick on a franchise qb......woodson, matt ryan, brohm...and a mlb a position that needs a real playmaker....not brookings

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont see why some of u want us to waste a pick that high on a running....a position that we dont need if we just fix up a o-line....michael turner is a free agent after this season...i dont see sd resigning him....we can get him to team up with norwood in the backfield.....

used our first round pick on a franchise qb......woodson, matt ryan, brohm...and a mlb a position that needs a real playmaker....not brookings

huh?

noob, turn the caps off.

it's really going to depend on how high our pick is.

it appears we will have a top 5 pick and i think we will have several players ahead the qbs on the draft board.

even if we were to take a qb, they are not going to start right away.

anyhow, a more likely scenario is that we take the best available player be it lt or dt, then nab a young qb later like ainge or brennen.

i'd rather take mcfadden over anyone else in the draft. he is that good of a running back. we can address qb and lt as needed in the second round. or frankly go lt and rg and wait till 2009 to draft a qb. i think leftwich deserves a year in the offense to see if he can be the guy.

i like how you think, darren is an instant playmaker and byron does deserve a year(i am just worried about that ankle unsure.gif )

dude, we have bigger needs right now....besides, why draft mcfadden when our ol can't hold back the dl of the other team.

as of right now, lt is should be our #1 priority...

dude, we have bigger needs right now....besides, why draft mcfadden when our ol can't hold back the dl of the other team.

as of right now, lt is should be our #1 priority...

a high priority, yes, but not necessarily the first pick...

there will be solid ots available throughout the 1st day, but if we're going after woodson, ryan, or mcfadden then we're going to have to take them with the 1st pick...

a high priority, yes, but not necessarily the first pick...

there will be solid ots available throughout the 1st day, but if we're going after woodson, ryan, or mcfadden then we're going to have to take them with the 1st pick...

not sure if you read my steve wyche thread but that's the same thing steve said on 790. he speculated the falcons would take dmc in the 1st, qb in the 2nd and persue ol in fa. now where we're getting this fa money to go after these high azz olinemen i havent a clue.

but

julius jones is a fa next year and the cowboys have cleveland's 1st round pick. now they want mcfadden to compliment barber. so how about trading our top 5 pick to the cowboys for both of their 1st round picks. both of which would be a mid round and a high round. so that's 2 1st and 2nd's plus our other 1st day picks.

that would be freaking awesome!

but a girl can dream cant she??

this ol is a disgrace, why would you people want another qb or rb when the ol is the problem. they do not fit petrino's system, they give our qb a few seconds to throe the ball before a dl is in their face. indeed, another young qb to build this franchise around would be nice, but this ol needs to be replaced.

why?

because harrington could be standing behind the great wall of china and will still manage to throw pick 6s...

dunn can be standing back there with him and would still get tackled for 2 yard losses...

the biggest problem on the ol are the tackle(s), you don't find quality ots just sitting around so i'm all for drafting to upgrade ot, but the guards should be addressed with later picks or in fa...

this ol will not be completely replaced, a good portion of the players you are seeing now will be back next year and this team has so many holes that continuing to let qb and rb fester is just going to have us back in the same position next year...

qb and rb are 2 positions that can be addressed with 2 picks, fixing the ol is going to take multiple acquisitions...

not sure if you read my steve wyche thread but that's the same thing steve said on 790. he speculated the falcons would take dmc in the 1st, qb in the 2nd and persue ol in fa. now where we're getting this fa money to go after these high azz olinemen i havent a clue.

but

julius jones is a fa next year and the cowboys have cleveland's 1st round pick. now they want mcfadden to compliment barber. so how about trading our top 5 pick to the cowboys for both of their 1st round picks. both of which would be a mid round and a high round. so that's 2 1st and 2nd's plus our other 1st day picks.

move over because i want in on that dream...

but

i know it's early, but most of the scouting services have mcfadden as the top rated prospect and future #1 pick. we will probably have pick 3, 4, or 5. meaning, if miami or st louis doesn't snatch him up for themselves, they will probably deal the pick to the cowboys. sad.gif

there will be very solid ot talent on the board when we pick in the second round. the colts, cowboys and patriots have one first round tackle between them, and that tackle was drafted at the end of the first round. you don't have to draft a lineman in the top five to get quality talent. on top of that, starks is a fa and we will have plenty of money to sign him.

lt:2nd rounder

lg-blaylock

c-dalton

rg:forney

rt:starks

qb:woodson

rb:norwood and 2nd or third rounder

honestly, though, i wouldn't lose any sleep if we drafted long.

lt:long

lg:blaylock

c-dalton

rg-forney

rt-starks

that's an extremely solid line. the only problem is that i see woodson as being one of the best qbs in the league three years from now. drafting long might be more beneficial in the short term, but in the future, we'd regret not taking woodson. he's a can't miss qb prospect.

i know it's early, but most of the scouting services have mcfadden as the top rated prospect and future #1 pick. we will probably have pick 3, 4, or 5. meaning, if miami or st louis doesn't snatch him up for themselves, they will probably deal the pick to the cowboys. sad.gif

please dont disturb me, i'm dreaming.